• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Blue Cocoa Seeds

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far we know that a cocoa tree left alone to polinate without human help makes black seeds (actually plain when you drop them from the plant). And a cocoa tree polinated by anything else makes blue seeds.

Nobody knows what the blue seeds will grow into.

F

feath

they said they'd used a blue bulrush as the father, with the coco being the mother. it's very likely thats why they got a blue bulrush as the child.

It seems to me, whatever you use as the father on a coco, will produce the same plant as the father.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True, on the other hand I have cross pollied at least 5 different colored plants on 30+ Cocoa Trees, and no matter what I used on them they all gave blue numbers.

I have extracted 8 seeds random from these and planted them, but I am beginning to believe all will turn into a blue plant if not even all bulrushes.

5 days to go for final results.

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they said they'd used a blue bulrush as the father, with the coco being the mother. it's very likely thats why they got a blue bulrush as the child.
Actually it was never stated what was used. In reality it was a bright orange poppies plant crossed with the cocoa tree that produced the blue bulrushes

L

Lesa

Then there should be a chance of getting getting a blue cocoa tree somewhere in the crossing?

F

Flora Green

Too bad you can't cross a plant that has produced black or white with the cocoa tree and get a black or white plant from it.:D

S

Stucky

I crossed a bunch of plants yesterday, not really paying attention to what since the first few i crossed were blue. Went back today to water... I have 2 plants with the Cocoa seeds written in a white color. I'll have a seed in a day or 2 and keep ya posted.

*edit - I just checked the white vs the plain and it is definetly bright white. It'll just probably end up being the father plant but this batch was only 11 plants and I had 2 mutants.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
orange poppies + cocoa tree gives blue bulrushes. Mine matured today.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think so. It would seem that whatever you pollinate a cocoa tree with a blue bulrush is what will result, from there you're back to the normal cross breeding chart.

L

Lesa

I crossed a bunch of plants yesterday, not really paying attention to what since the first few i crossed were blue. Went back today to water... I have 2 plants with the Cocoa seeds written in a white color. I'll have a seed in a day or 2 and keep ya posted.

*edit - I just checked the white vs the plain and it is definetly bright white. It'll just probably end up being the father plant but this batch was only 11 plants and I had 2 mutants.

Was your white seed a bullrush plant?

S

Stucky

Don't know yet. I also got a plain colored seed off of the cocoa also. I thougt they were both white but I was mistaken. I'll know in a few days whats what.

F

feath

1. cocoa tree x plain tribarrel cactus = plain century plant
2. cocoa tree x purple lilies = blue pampass grass
3. cocoa tree x bright yellow bulrushes = blue lilies
4. cocoa tree x red fern = blue elephant ear plant
5. cocoa tree x plain snowdrops = plain lilies
6. cocoa tree x bright blue campion = blue bulrushes

Will update as I check bags/new plants bloom.
That almost forms a pattern.

N

Ni-

Some of my plants bloomed today. These come from cocoa tree seeds crossed with different types of pollen-producing plants, and are as follows:
Sun 10/5-
1. cocoa tree x plain tribarrel cactus = plain century plant
2. cocoa tree x purple lilies = blue pampass grass
3. cocoa tree x bright yellow bulrushes = blue lilies
4. cocoa tree x red fern = blue elephant ear plant
5. cocoa tree x plain snowdrops = plain lilies
6. cocoa tree x bright blue campion = blue bulrushes
Mon 10/6-
7. cocoa tree x yellow fern = blue elephant ear plant
8. cocoa tree x bright red campion = blue bulrushes
8. cocoa tree x plain fern = plain elephant ear plant
9. cocoa tree x yellow tribarrel cactus = blue century plant
10. cocoa tree x blue fern = black elephant ear

Will update as I check bags/new plants bloom.
The only pattern I've been able to descern is that if you were to insert the cocoa tree into the old plant cross polination system it would have a number of 11.5. Meaning that is sits in between Rushes and Pompas Grass. Currently when cross polinating plants, you can basically add up the 2 parent's 'plant number' then divide by 2 to get the child plant number. Fern(9) & Champion (17) produce Lillies(13) (9+17=26, 26/2=13).

Tribarrel Cactus(1) & Cocoa Tree(11.5) = Century Plant(6) (1+11.5=12.5, 12.5/2=6.25) 6.25 might be rounded down to 6 or that might be used to determine the pct of chance for either plant 6 or 7, 75% chance of 6 and 25% of 7. That is suggested because I believe if you cross pollinate 2 adjadent plants there is a 50/50 chance of being either?

Fern(9) & Cocoa Tree(11.5) = Elephant Ear Plant(10) (9+11.5=20.5, 20.5/2=10.25) rounded down?

Lillies(13) & Cocoa Tree(11.5) = Pompass Grass(12) (13+11.5=24.5, 24.5/2=12.25) rounded down?

Bulrushes(14) & Cocoa Tree(11.5) = Lillies(13) (14+11.5=25.5, 25.5/2=12.75) rounded up?

Champion(17) & Cocoa Tree(11.5) = Bulrushes(14) (17+11.5=28.5, 28.5/2=14.25) rounded down?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget the pattern, also in that quoted data:

cocoa plant x plain plant = plain child plant
cocoa plant x colored plant (ANY color) = blue child plant

S

Stucky

Sorry I can't help from crosses as I was under the impression they were all going to be blue. I did get White and blue bulrushes, several plain and blue elephant ears, blue fern and blue pampas grass.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Tribarrel Cactus
2. Barrel Cactus
3. Prickly Pear Cactus
4. Snake Plant
5. Water Plant
6. Century Plant
7. Small Palm