• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Blood of My Blood

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posted for Angelique Diavolo:
Chapter 1: Traveling Companion

Late fall blustered across the balcony outside the office of Angelique Diavolo; gusting against the glass windows the pin pricks of ice in the rain could be heard over the soft crackle of a low fire in the hearth. The fire provided just enough heat to take the edge off the cold of the room, and barely augmented the light of a single candle in a frosted glass hurricane shade on the desk. Alessa the Guild Mistress for the Mages Guild in Moonglow sat across the desk from Angelique; the golden light highlighting her hair and casting a warm glow across her cheek. The candle light lit up Angel's aquamarine eyes while both women sat silently plotting the next round of attack and defense. An open ornately drawn invitation sat on the desk, the gold lettering on the envelope read:

To: Dean Angelique Diavolo
Department of Science Obscurae
Lyceum, Moonglow

Underneath the address was written boldly in black ink, “Angie, you can't say no, its not an option. I will pick you up at midnight.”

Alessa sat forward to speak and Angelique raised her hand and said flatly, “No.”

Taking a breath for her mentors benefit the Professor carried on, “Perrin has been away for three weeks and I am going to be home when he arrives. I have lessons to plan, papers to mark and exams to prepare. I am not going to an unknown island at the Archmagister's demanding, because he decides to throw his Yule Celebration before the end of term this year. Especially on six hours notice.”

“Angie! You are the most intelligent woman I know but please use some common sense... we don't have a choice,” Alessa replied sternly.

“Its just a damn party, Alessa!” Angel hissed.

“No, Angie its a direct summons from the Archmagister, to the heads of every department, in the Lyceum and to every Guild Master in the realm...”Alessa almost spat out.

Angelique blinked and immediately placed her hand above the invitation, burning the blood to trigger her use of Auspex. Alessa saw nothing but Angel's Kindred eyes picked up the faint silver blue of information received from the last person to touch the invitation. Briefly she saw flashes of the Archmagister in his office, stuffing the invitation into its envelope turning to someone and growling at them that everyone must be out of the Lyceum before dawn.

Before Angel could speak the door to her office opened and Lyle Grant, Dean of Alchemic Studies, stuck his head into the office blinking and curtly asking why they were both still here, the boat was leaving at 4AM. Alessa turned her head to him and told him they'd see him on the boat.

“I can't go without my maid,” Angel answered him, “she will be here shortly,” she finished.

“Your... maid?” Lyle asked with a stunned look on his face.

“Yes, no woman of station travels with out a ladies maid,” Angel said her voice tinged with feigned anger.

Shaking his head and putting up his hands to indicate a defensive barrier, Lyle just nodded and left the room, pulling the door shut behind him.

“There is no time,” Alessa snapped at Angelique.

“There is if you want me to go with you,” Angel replied.

Throwing up her arms in defeat Alessa crossing her legs in the chair where she sat, watched as Angel wrote a note for Thyme. Once the note was on its way with Parli, Angel's messenger avian; the two woman began to locked down Angel's office, hiding anything of value from prying eyes, bolting cabinets and checking all the locks and wards in the office making sure it was secure.

Staring out the window waiting for Thyme to arrive the clouds broke and the light of the full moon fell on Angelique; already anxious from the events of the past few hours, Angel felt her skin prickle and an itch begin in the back of her mind, toying with her thoughts. The first being how long it had been since she'd fed...

The story will continue here: Solantavo.Crimson.Net • View topic - Blood of My Blood

C

Cantabrigian British

Nicely written. I want to know "what" she had not fed in a while.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chapter Two: Confidant

Lunacy is said to be caused by the moons... For Angelique Diavolo Trammel and Felucca were just the reagents, Lunacy was in her blood and as the full moon of Trammel shone down, Angel's control waned considerably. The fledgling Giovanni felt some relief when she heard Thyme recall onto the balcony and saw the Elven woman with long plaited wheat blond hair and delicate features enter with traveling satchels for them both.

“I got here as soon as I could manage, I hope I've not delayed you too much?” Thyme said offering Angel one of the bags.

“No everything is ready here, I can gate us to the docks and we will have about an hour until the ship sets sail,” Angelique replied.

“Were you able to get everything?” Angel asked her eyes pleading.

“No, Ma'am,” Thyme answered, “Master Beitel's private reserve was empty.” she finished.

Fear washed over Angel's face as she turned away from Alessa so as not to be seen. Thyme stepped beside Angelique and took her arm gently; turning to Alessa she asked in a soft Elven accent if the Moonglow Guild Mistress would do the honour. Nodding Alessa opened a gate and the three women stepped through into the night air of the Moonglow docks. The three were ushered onto a large ship and led to a small cabin below deck where other woman of the Moonglow magical community were gathered. Questions about what the urgency was and why so little notice was given erupted among the women, while Thyme steered Angelique to a seat at the back of the cabin for them to share alone.

While Alessa hushed and carefully explained that the Archmagister would address them and inform them of the situation; Thyme arranged their bags at their feet and took her mistresses hand tightly feeling her shudder as Angel raised her hand to cover her eyes. Slipping off her own gloves and that of Angel's left hand the Elven woman gently massaged the pressure points between Angelique's thumb and forefinger, humming softly as she did so.
“Why ship?” someone asked curtly, “why not just gate us there?”

“The island we are traveling to is warded against magical intrusion. The journey won't be long, we will arrive before dawn,” Alessa answered.

“Thank the goddess,” Angel whispered softly so only Thyme could hear.

Thyme looked to Angelique holding the woman's aquamarine gaze and asked in whisper, “what do you need?”

“I need Perrin...” Angel answered.

Without hesitation Thyme responded with a tone of authority, “he's not here and not likely to find us, we will have to make due without him.”

Angelique stared at Thyme a long moment, felt her companion's warm fingers gently massaging her hand and felt a calmness and security in her presence. Thyme's sage green eyes were bright and determined, her posture held a sense of purpose and in that moment the Elven woman's lips turned in a soft affectionate smile that instilled a deeper trust in Angelique. Thyme had been a part of the Diavolo household for over a year now, proprietress of not only the estate but its every function aside from Angel and Perrin's personal occupations. Even her old uncle Jacques approved of Thyme and now more than ever Angel needed the Elven woman on her side.

True to Alessa's word the ship pulled up to a dock a couple hours after their departure from Moonglow. In the cold late autumn wind the mages of Moonglow disembarked the ship and made their way in the last dark hours before dawn up to the Archmagister's Mansion. As they walked up to the building Thyme whispered to Angelique to feign sea sickness and not to speak. In the large entry foyer, the house steward announced that each party would be assigned a house maid or footman to direct them to their rooms and see to their needs; that meals would be prepared and served in the dinning hall at 6AM, Noon, 4PM and 9PM, any other personal needs could be acquired from the house staff.

The houses head maid had been assigned to Angelique and Thyme, when she approached Angelique was sitting in a chair off to the side of the foyer her hand trembling as she covered her eyes. Thyme spoke to head maid with determined authority in her tone, first ascertaining her name then before being given directions, telling Miss Trentham that a days labour and a nights travel had left her mistress ill and that they'd need an inner room with no windows or at the very least one with shuttered windows and heavy curtains to prevent a draught. Miss Trentham opened her mouth to speak then seemed to think the better of it and asked the two women to follow her; she stopped for a moment to speak to the house steward then directed them to the right of foyer instead of up the stairs with the others.

Off the library there was a small sitting room with no windows and a daybed, washbasin, hearth and a small breakfast nook. Miss Trentham explained it was used as a sickroom by the Archmagister's grandfather and they should be comfortable here. Thyme said pleasantly that it would do looking over the room noting that it was clean but the hearth hadn't been used in some time; then told their guide that she would need a hot bath brought with clean towels, and an extra down comforter, along with a tea service, an assortment of fruit, a pitcher of cold water and an bottle of red wine or brandy.

After closing the door behind Miss Trentham, Thyme lit the candles on the mantelpiece then going to Angelique's side she removed her mistresses cloak and draped it over a chair. Thyme sat Angelique down kneeling in front of her, and pulling off her gloves noted that Angel had driven her fingernails through the leather of the fingers and palm of the gloves into her flesh leaving them bleeding. Looking up to Angel's face she saw her mistress blush and try to smile as the light of the candles glinted off her fangs.

In a soft comforting voice Thyme held Angelique's gaze and told her, “it will be alright, I'm here.”

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chapter 3: Guardian

Miss Trentham returned after a short while, with all that Thyme had requested, and helped set the small table in the room with the tea and other assortments. The head housemaid frequently shifted her gaze to Angelique sitting quietly near one of the candles studying an open parchment letter. Thyme had wrapped a shawl around Angel's shoulders and laid a small blanket over her lap to reinforce the look of her being ill. As Thyme showed Miss Trentham out of the room once they were done she quietly asked how she could summon the woman if anything else was needed. The head housemaid explained that there was a bell pull at the entrance to the Library and that someone would get her should the bell be sounded in the night. Thyme smiled sweetly thanking her again then pulled the door closed and locked the bolt.

Thyme stirred her hand in the hot water, “a hot bath will calm your nerves m'lady,” she said softly.

Angel rolled up her letter and tucked it into her traveling bag taking the shawl and blanket and laying them on the bed.

In her soft accent Angelique said softly, “I think it might,” then she nodded to Thyme; watching as her own head housekeeper, the proprietress of her Chateau added another log to the fire she built in the hearth.

Angel had longed to make Thyme one of her own, to keep the woman as hers. She wished to share her unlife with Thyme's vibrant, colorful existence. To be cared for by her gentle touch always. Tonight made that longing even more pronounced in Angel's mind and heart.

Thyme gently helped Angel undress, always remaining behind her, taking her clothes and arranging them neatly and orderly on the chair; then helped Angel step into the hot water and arranged a long linen cloth over her stomach and chest as her own traditional modesty wouldn't allow her to see her mistress undressed. The elven caretaker hummed softly, an old Elven song, as she gently took sponge and scented oils to wash her mistresses skin.Thyme carefully washed the blood away from the wounds, and watched with interest as the superficial wounds seemed to heal. Thyme smiled, a small knowing smile, pleased that Angelique felt comfortable enough to let slip small signs of her existence though she tried so hard to maintain the masquerade of being a living human being still. The silence between the women was comfortable and affectionate; Angelique managed the anxiousness of the full moon, and Thyme soothing Angel's nerves.

In her time at Chateau Istas Thyme had learned that touch still had significance to Angel and she assumed that it was likely the same for all undead. Angelique's mood often changed with a touch or some other gesture. Knowing now that her mistress was anxious about something, Thyme kept her voice soft, and in her own way tried to impart a soothing energy to Angel through her touch; massaging her shoulders and washing her hair. Thyme was also very aware of the time, and the effect the dawn had on her mistress. Thyme kept Angel in the warm soothing waters of the bath until Sol crested the horizon, letting Angelique fall asleep there. Lifting Angel out of the water Thyme wrapped her in a warm thick robe and laid her on the daybed, covering her with the down filled comforter and chenille blanket.

After pouring the contents of the water pitcher into the bathtub, Thyme sat down to the small table and poured herself a cup of tea sweetening it heavily, eating a bit of the fruit and biscuits also on the tray. Thyme's medical background was terribly inadequate having only served beside any doctors that saw to the house lords and ladies she'd cared for in the past. The elven housekeeper however was aware of the need for sustenance in what she had planned to do. After an hour had passed Thyme left the small room and pulled the bell to summon Miss Trentham. Keeping her face stoic as the woman arrived she explained that she needed the bath removed from the room and if possible a venisection bowl. Thyme let her voice tremble slightly as she explained that Angelique had developed a high fever and blood-letting would help remove what ailed her and bring down her temperature. Miss Trentham returned quickly with a suitable bowl, one notched for the placement of a persons arm, and two house workers to remove the tub.

Thyme smiled to herself as she re-bolted the lock on the door holding the venisection bowl to her chest. Thyme knew what was in the bottles of Perrin's private reserve in the cellar. Though they may look like bottles of red wine, few people if any bought their wine from the Bloodletters in Umbra: as one case in the past had the address printed on it’s back panel. Thyme set the bowl on the little table, checked to see that Angelique was sleeping comfortably then turned a chair back to the daybed so that her mistress wouldn't wake in fear to the sight of the hearth fire. Thyme opened the bottle of brandy and poured its contents into the now empty water pitcher leaving it upside down in the pitcher to drain completely. Taking her sewing kit from her travel bag, Thyme sat down at the table facing the warmth of the hearth. She rested her arm in the venisection bowl, then she took out a thin, sharp quilting knife and made a small cut in her arm at the fold of the elbow, making sure it was deep enough to bleed out into the bowl.

Thyme woke with a start to a knock on the door, not knowing when she'd fallen asleep. The Elven woman's head ached and her mouth was dry; the cut on her arm had stopped bleeding but there was no time to clean up the dried blood. Thyme righted the brandy bottle and replaced its cork, then lowered her sleeve and she buttoned the cuff as she went to the door to answer it.

Alessa was at the door and softly inquired, “is she awake?”

“No,” Thyme answered, “I've managed to get her fever down and she's finally resting.”

“Angelique's never had trouble with traveling before...” The Moonglow Guildmistress whispered.

“I think it's more that she hasn't been taking care to eat with Master Beitel being away, and the lack of rest being end of semester, then sudden need for travel at night,” Thyme offered casually, keeping her voice low.

Nodding with a relieved smile, Alessa whispered, “you are probably right, I will fill her in later when she wakes.”

“I will send word as soon as she feels up to visitors, I suspect after a good rest she will join everyone at dinner tonight,” Thyme offered softly.

Alessa nodded and thanked Thyme as she left; locking the door again, Thyme went to the table to finish preparing for when Sol would set and Angelique would waken. Thyme made a funnel out of a linen napkin, then she poured the blood from the venisection bowl into the empty brandy bottle; re-corking it tightly and setting it to the back of the table.

Moistening a corner of the now blood stained napkin with brandy from the pitcher Thyme cleaned her arm then collected all the instruments of her nights endeavors. Thyme left the small room and rang again for Miss Trentham; when she arrived, Thyme asked where she could take the napkin and bowl to be cleaned. Feeling slightly dizzy she asked the head housemaid if someone could bring her a bowl of broth when they had time and that it would be greatly appreciated.

Over the next few hours Thyme finished off the tea and ate the fruit and biscuits. When a bowl of broth was sent, Thyme ate slowly by the hearth; by late afternoon she was tired and laid down at the foot of the daybed to rest a while until Angel awoke.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm intrigued, well done to capture and hold my attention! Chapter 3 has left me wanting! - I'm impatient ;p Very well written, looking forward to the next one :)

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(My apologies for the tardiness, the holidays have kept me busy. Thank you for your comments they are much appreciated.)

Chapter 4: Blood Sisters

Thyme felt Angelique stir, the hair on the Elven woman's neck prickled in caution. Both women sat up together and Thyme's eyes grew wide seeing the feral strain in Angelique's gaze. At once Thyme understood what she thought was Perrin's clinging nature, Perrin knew this side of her mistress's nature. Thyme moved slowly and a low hiss escaped Angel's lips, the woman's eyes dropped from Thyme's face to her neck for along moment before slowly climbing back to Thyme's eyes. Common sense told Thyme to run, the caretaker in her reached out and gently caressed Angel's hand.

“Its alright,” Thyme whispered softly, “I'm here...give me just a moment.”

Thyme attempted to slip from the daybed again and this time Angelique let her go though she crawled from the coverlets to the center of the bed, not taking her eyes off Thyme. Thyme walked quickly to the little table and collected the brandy bottle now almost full with her own blood, and a crystal goblet to pour it into. Returning to Angelique, Thyme didn't resist when the woman deftly grabbed her wrist and pulled her close; Thyme pushed the cork out of the bottle with her thumb and raising the goblet to Angelique she poured the fresh blood into it. Angel clasped both her hands around the both the goblet and Thyme's hand lifting it to her lips first inhaling deeply then drinking it down. Thyme smiled softly as Angel's hiss turned to a soft ‘mrr-ing’ as she drank a second glass of the Elven vitae.

Sitting next to her on the bed Thyme kept filling Angelique's goblet till she was sated, nearly draining the bottle. Taking the bottle Angelique collected the cork from her lap, and resealed it, then she sat it on the floor with the goblet before turning to Thyme. Angelique’s expression was of gratitude and remorse.

“I don't know how to thank you,” Angelique said in a soft whisper.

Thyme raised her hand to Angel's cheek watching as she leaned into her hand and felt a sense of pride in knowing how to take care of her mistress.

“There is no need for thanks, its what you keep me for, to take care of you and what's yours,” Thyme replied keeping her voice quiet.

Angelique pulled Thyme close to her, wrapping her arms around the small Elven woman. “Let me keep you forever,” she whispered in Thyme's ear.

“I am yours for as long as you will have me,” Thyme whispered.

“Then I will have you until the end of days...” Angel whispered.

Angelique released her hold on Thyme and adjusted on the bed to sit behind Thyme. Parting her lips the young Kindred extended her fangs and lifting her hand to her mouth she sliced her fingertips on their sharp points. As her own Kindred blood pooled on her fingertips, Angel slipped one arm around Thyme pulling her back against her. Thyme didn't resist leaning back against Angel, she watched as Angel's bleeding fingertips were raised to her own lips. Angel held Thyme close first smearing her blood on Thyme's lips, feeling an almost static charge course through her as Thyme took the first taste of Angel's blood on her tongue. Angel smiled as Thyme took her hand into her own and held Angel's fingers first as she licked more blood from them then placed them into her mouth.

Like a wave washing over her, Thyme felt Angelique's emotions, a sense of care and affection, of possessiveness even covetousness. Thyme felt the need Angel had for her and an intense protective barrier wrapping around her. As Angel's blood seeped into Thyme's system a bond formed between both women connecting them to each other's consciousness. In time that bond would grow and Thyme would share in strength's available to her from the connection. Angel healed her fingers as she slid them from Thyme's mouth, wrapping her arm around Thyme's shoulders she rocked gently as they both basked in the wealth of feelings each shared for the other. Thyme would never grow old, but remain a mortal, so long as she maintained this blood bond to Angelique; blood sisters, one caring and one cared for, with an eternity to share together.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chapter 5: Famiglia di Diavolo

Hours seemed to slip past as the two women got used to the presence of each others emotions in the others consciousness. A soft knock came at the door drawing Thyme and Angelique out of their reverie. Thyme dropped a pillow from the bed to cover the goblet and bottle on the floor, then slipped from the daybed to answer the door.

Alessa stood at the door in formal dinner attire, her face creased with worry. "Is she awake?" The Moonglow Mage Guild Mistress asked quietly.

Thyme looked over her shoulder to Angelique and received a nod and a smile. "She is," Thyme answered and stepped away from the door to let Alessa enter.

Alessa entered the room and went to her friends side, "well you'll be happy to know you aren't the only one who took ill, three others have been bound to their rooms since we arrived."

As the two women spoke Thyme busied herself clearing the bottle of blood and the goblet from notice, then unpacking a midnight blue velvet formal dinner dress, underskirts in a soft robins egg blue and ivory handmade lace cuffs and collar. Thyme laid out Angel's grandmothers broach, a bracelet of antique silver and several silver rings adorned in blue gem stones and diamonds. As she finished Angel sensing Thyme was ready for her moved behind a dressing screen still talking to Alessa while she dressed, then at in a chair set away from the hearth while Thyme did her hair.

"You know watching you two is almost like watching a dance, how you anticipate each other," Alessa said watching Thyme tie small crystals into Angel's hair.

"I'd fall to pieces without Thyme to keep me together," Angelique replied.

"Its a wonder you are only twenty four Angie, more like a hundred and twenty four for how old fashioned you are," Alessa said with humour.

"I'll never let go of the old ways, my dear friend. Someone has to preserve them," Angel answered her.

The clock in the library struck 9 O'clock in the evening as Thyme buckled Angelique's dress slippers; Angel and Alessa rose so not to be late while Thyme opened the door. Angel bent close and whispered in her ear that there would be a dinning area set with a place for her in the kitchen, and that she wouldn't stay longer than necessary.

Alessa and Angelique made their way to the dinning hall, and took seats at the head table set aside for the offices they held. Through dinner Angel feigned lack of hunger due to being recently ill, she'd plenty of experience at using her napkin to make it look like her wine was being drank so as to not give rise to suspicions about her true nature; none among her peers not even Alessa her best friend at the Lyceum knew she was Kindred, and Angelique hoped to keep it that way. While dessert was being served, the Archmagister stood and filled the room in on why he called them away. Discussion soon broke out about how relations between the Council of Mages and those at the Lyceum should be handled; if the Council would have any say in Lyceum affairs and whether or not certain departments would remain open should they be deemed unnecessary by the Council.

Angelique listened patiently, offering her opinion when asked but keeping from the better part of the conversation; her mind was elsewhere, her thoughts of Thyme and finally having her part of the Diavolo family. Angelique smiled softly thinking... and then there were three... As she did so she felt a gentle affection from somewhere off the island, Perrin had returned to Trammel and as Angel's first retainer, their bond was full and strong. Angel told him via her thoughts that Thyme was a part of them now and she was pleased that Perrin supported her decision and was happy to have Thyme be part of the family. They'd all need some growing room but together they'd be stronger. Angel's professional life could go up puff of smoke for all she cared in this moment, her personal life had reached high point after years of solitude and loneliness. House Diavolo would be rebuilt stronger than ever.

Angelique remained as duty required but as soon as it was done she collected her things and Thyme and they headed home to their Chateau in the City of Istas. Perrin was home and the haven warm and inviting. The three of them sat together in the kitchen with a bottle of wine and warm conversation about all that Thyme could look forward too now that she shared the Diavolo blood. As with Perrin, Angelique would see to it that Retainment would only be a blessing to Thyme, she'd never want for anything ever again.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time does fly, I'd like to thank the posters who have offered encouragement and asked if the last chapter would ever be posted. I am sorry its taken so long to write.

I'd also like to thank Thyme and Perrin for allowing me to write about the interactions between their characters and mine. See you both in game!

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Phaen - I am still left wanting; well done!