• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Blessed Spellbook

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's an awesome invasion book - *drool* - i've never seen one that close to being maxed.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry. Sold, with first right of refusal from the buyer if sale remains anonymous.

Last edited:

Isopropyl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I swear nobody wants me to get one of these books. Ill pay more then anyone else has offered if you still have and want to sell.

Saul_Siege

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh.

Seeing items like this is part of the reason I've gone with a thief build and have lost any motivation to try and compete in pvp after being gone so long. I have zero desire to participate in their ridiculous item game where power creep is not only massive, but then it's gone the extra step with haves and have nots by having items like this not able to acquired anymore.

If UO wants players to actually come back, they're gonna have to address crap like this that other MMo do a far better job of handling.

I'm not trying to rain on your sale Hattori. It's just seeing an item like this on siege makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That item really is not a competitive deal breaker. if ou choose to run that thing as a pvper then you give up the advantage of a mage weap and another 120 skill points to play with. Yes it allows you to to equip more cheaply but overall it does not imbalance thigns. Evrything that book gives you, you can imbue rather cheaply these days.

P.S. mine is nicer and im not selling:).

Saul_Siege

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that book vs a mate without is at an extreme disadvantage. A huge one. A parry Mage with this book can bless a shield and be godly.

I came back after AoS sometime to find half of my gear I had got was unblessed.

I'd like to see all the op items given the same treatment or give me my blessed stuff back.

It's utterly ridiculous, and a Mage who has this book saves a ton on imbuing and can get other mods instead.

If you can't seethe massive disparity here maybe the population of this game is an indicator.

Saul_Siege

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hypocritical to unblessed what is now junk gear but let items like max imbued books be blessed, and not en able to be acquired anymore.

Saul_Siege

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see why it's not a big deal to you T. You've got one. Of course it's ok.meanwhile I'm sure newer players to siege enjoy the prospect of equipping a character so they can give it all to players equipped ingodly gear. Might as well just give your items to the better geared, I'm sure this isn't a positive feedback loop at all.

Time to write a warning thread to new players to avoid this top heavy server like the plague, unless they've got hundreds of millions of gold to transfer.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The invasion occurred after items became un-blessed on Siege Perilous. These books were introduced with full knowledge of the history of blessed items on this shard. Not unlike Dread Mares, which could be tamed for a brief time and not since. One of the good things about Ultima Online is that not everything is balanced. Try WOW for balance and see how quickly it becomes boring.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That item really is not a competitive deal breaker. if ou choose to run that thing as a pvper then you give up the advantage of a mage weap and another 120 skill points to play with. Yes it allows you to to equip more cheaply but overall it does not imbalance thigns. Evrything that book gives you, you can imbue rather cheaply these days.

P.S. mine is nicer and im not selling:).
Agreed the book is nice but not game breaking in anyway. You can do just fine without one.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have high-end versions of both the book types that I use in PvM but I wouldn´t mind if the books were unblessed by the devs.

They shouldn´t have been blessed on Siege in the first place.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have high-end versions of both the book types that I use in PvM but I wouldn´t mind if the books were unblessed by the devs.

They shouldn´t have been blessed on Siege in the first place.

Agreed I donlt think they break the game in anyway but ideally I donlt think they should be blessed.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The books are certainly not game-breaking and their power has been diluted somewhat by imbuing and particularly the amazing mods that can be found on the new monster loot. The books are not all that better than a basic Scrapper's Compendium, and those don't cost the earth these days.

They certainly should never have been blessed on Siege and a move was made at the time to have them unblessed, but it fell on deaf ears. If you feel strongly about it, raise it in the bug forum or email Mesanna. I would support such a change just as I did before despite being a mage with a near-perfect book.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've still got some of these event books, perhaps i outta auction them off ?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that book vs a mate without is at an extreme disadvantage. A huge one. A parry Mage with this book can bless a shield and be godly.

I came back after AoS sometime to find half of my gear I had got was unblessed.

I'd like to see all the op items given the same treatment or give me my blessed stuff back.

It's utterly ridiculous, and a Mage who has this book saves a ton on imbuing and can get other mods instead.

If you can't seethe massive disparity here maybe the population of this game is an indicator.

uhm.. Parry Mage + Spellbook = Not Godly.

Cant use potions.