• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bless

Valkyrie

Visitor
What is all the fuss about with bless?
Why do people waste their skill on eval just to activate bless. As far as i have heard, it only raises stats by 10 each.
Also, even if it has potential, what other magery spell can i use to do a lot of damage towards the boss or support my pet?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Only ONE damaging spell DOESN'T require Eval to be usable. That's Mind Blast.

All the others require Eval, and with max Eval and a slayer spellbook, can do 200-400 points to some targets.

Bless raises stuff by PERCENTS not flat points, BTW, and is based only on Eval. A Bless at 120 Eval raises the target's stat caps by 13%. As this effects HP, Mana, etc. more indirectly, the numbers might be a bit off, but prior to the advent of pet training, a Bless on a 1000 HP pet would give the pet 65 more HP (as STR over 100 translated 2/1 to HP; 130/2 = 65). Not sure how it works now, though (I was mostly familiar with this from my GD casting bless on itself, and it is only 100 or so Eval, and would gain about 50 HP). Dex/Int raised stamina/mana on a 1 for 1 basis based on the Bless bonus (13% for Legendary), but again, that was before pet training.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When I looked it still raises str, int, dex but hp,stam, and mana stayed the same.