• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bladeweave VS Armor Ignore on a Cu Sidhe

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bladeweave is a Special Move that many pet types can get. This thread is going to focus on using Bladeweave on a Cu.

1611257432860.png

Bladeweave randomly chooses between those 7 specials when it is used by the pet. Bladeweave requires Bushido as a passive when you place it on your pet. So the cost of Bladeweave is 500 points for Bushido and 100 Points for Bladeweave.
When bladeweave uses Bleed, it will remove bleed from the Cu Sidhe. When Bladeweave uses an ability that requires Ninjitsu, it will add Ninjitsu as a passive skill to the pet for free.
A Cu is not from Tokuno so it can not get Bushido or Ninja as a Active skill.

1611258094230.png

When the taming revamp came out, tamers found that if they chose bladeweave, it would remove Bleed from a Cu. Bleed is the most unwanted ability a Cu naturally has and it uses mana for a low return in damage.

Mana Costs for pets are Here.

1611258153009.png

Because the Cu now does not have Bleed anymore, this can lead to some interesting uses of Poison abilities that a Cu could not otherwise receive. But, that is not the point here.

An interesting fact brought up by @Quickblade is that you can change the Mode of Bladeweave if you have UO Assist and he has only been able to see this menu on a Mountable pet. "you have to make a maccro with uoassist , that mount your cu sidhe, and as you are mounting it, you left one-click it "

1611258619456.png

He helped me change Modes for testing. When you select a mode it will stay as selected if you transfer the pet.
In Offensive mode the pet will use AI, Bleed, Mortal, Paralyzing Blow, and Crushing Blow more often.
In Defensive mode it will use Block and Feint more often.
In either mode it will use all of the abilities randomly.
The mode made a difference when testing.

Armor Ignore is a special move that costs 100 points:
1611259584364.png
It does 90% damage to a target at the value of a normal attack but with the target resist being 0.
So if the targets resist is 10 or less, you would get no damage increase.
Armor ignore has the most single target damage to a high resist target special that we have to choose from.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The First two test Subjects. Someone gave me a Pet with Bladeweave and Conductive Blast (CB) on Test Center. Since Bladeweave uses Bush and Ninja as passives, it takes a looooong time to get those passive magics near 120. After many hours of fighting and using whisper, the skill values did not increase.

Meet the Bladeweave/CB Dog.
1611260787148.png

I happened to have one of my first pets I made. For the first few weeks I tested abilities and magics separately. So I have old pets with just Chivalry or Just AI etc.

Meet the AI/CB Dog.
1611261012405.png

They are close enough IMO to do valid testing. The lack of Stamina regen on mine did not affect the tests. The lack of Intel or less mana on mine did not put him at a disadvantage. Mine has 10 less tactics. I did not see it as a disadvantage.

The tests are mostly damage testing so the important things are almost equal on both pets. Stamina Melee skills and Strength. The resists are close enough IMO.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How I did the tests. I used two Mobs types for testing. Discount poisoning because Cus have healing so tests are not affected by poisoning.

For Cus I like to use Paragon Balrons at Chaos. Their lowest resists are Cold and Energy. They work very well to see how quickly a Cu can kill them. Their resist ranges are not far apart and they have a decent amount of HP so the fight is not too fast and not too long.

For long fights I use Allosaurus. They take any pet a longer time to kill. If you have a pet that can kill one by itself in 10 minutes, you have a damn good killer. They make target for whisper gains. They take a little longer that a whisper and they have high skills. They also just do melee damage, so its like 2 boxers duking it out. I move the Allos to a clear area so no other mobs interfere.

I try to find equal resist targets to give a fair test. But I have killed so many of these two mobs that I Know it barely matters if they are equal. The times will be very close.

I was able to use TC and LS since my pet is on both.

I Start each pet with max mana which did not matter with the first two dogs. They did not lose mana at the Balrons. I run consume on the pet so they do not lose much HP or stamina and they can concentrate on killing. I time how long the pets take. (A couple of posters do not like my timed tests. They have been offered the pets to take for their damage output/time tests. So we will see those results if they choose to do that)

IMO these two test mobs gave me conclusive evidence on which ability does the most damage over time.

Here are some pics of how I set up tests:
1611262817161.png 1611262936357.png 1611263014525.png 1611263073269.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Test results for the time it takes to kill Paragon Balrons.
I Killed many of them. My toons are super Lords.
Here are Average high and low times. Minutes:Seconds

Bladeweave (defensive mode)

3:52

3:41

Bladeweave (offensive mode)

3:26

3:24

Armor Ignore

2:44

2:35

Take aways:

The AI pet kills faster.
In this short time frame neither pet lost significant mana.
In this short time frame few Bleed attacks were used.
In this short time frame the Bladeweave pet did few AIs.
AI damage was in the area of 135 144 136 141
Normal damages for both pets were in the 40s 50s.
There was also a third range of damage for both pets in the 80s
(I assume this was when CB was active but I never was able to lore the target
with lower energy resist in any of my tests, even the long ones. This 3 ranges of damage will continue in the longer tests)
Both pets did normal attacks way more often than using specials even tho they both had plenty of Mana.
I could not tell what special the bladeweave pet was using they were in the range of normal damage excluding AI.

Balrons are a great mob to use for gaining Fame and Karma.
They are easy to get to at Chaos.
You get 30,000 + gold in a whisper cycle.
A Cu that has no skills can kill the normal ones.
The paragons are hard for some pets to finish at the end because they start healing and invising.
So they are a good test for your pets build.
Also I send returning Sampires to them. When they can kill the Paragons they can move on to anything.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Allosaurus Tests.

Allosaurus does 50% physical damage 50% Poison damage. It has magery and eval as a place holder but does not use it. So they make a good mob to test on since spells are not involved and they take a while to kill.
1611266671697.png

The damage they put out is very consistent. There is no increase from the specials.
You can find them easily and separate them from the other mobs.
Or on LS you find them here:
1611266913925.png
We use them for skill gains. :)

I found targets that had similar resists for each Dog. Only the Cold and Energy matter.
This is just a couple I used.
1611267136388.png 1611267263242.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Allosaurus Results: Just showing fastest times. Rest were very close.

25:29

Man that took forever!
There are 3 damage ranges.
The regular damage ranged from 32 to 55
The most common regular damage was around 45
The mid range damage was 73 to 75
The AI damage was 147

21:47

Offensive Mode was quicker.
Regular damage range from 32 to 57
Most common regular was 43
Mid range damage was 71 to 81
AI 147 again

Offensive mode used more AIs only a couple and Bleeds 5 of them
For the first time I saw mortal used, it did 2 of them

Armor Ignore

17:09

Low damage range 41 to 57
Mid damage 113 118
AI 145

Take aways:

AI was faster again.
Offensive mode did more damage over time.
The most common damage was regular hits.
The pets would have 2 to 3 cycles of losing HP but I checked stamina and it stayed above 145
The pets would regain the HP on their own 200 is around what they lost in these cycles.
For this long period of time there were not very many AI hits or Bladeweave hits sometimes almost a minute between. Usually 20 to 30 seconds.
The Bladeweave pet only lost 20 to 40 mana and would regain it.
Mine was at 20 mana at the 6 minute mark, but it still did its specials at the same rate.
Mana getting to 0 did not affect damage output.
I did not mind bleed it would tic 6 to 12 damage while the pet was still doing damage.
There were times when both pets would fail to hit because the Mob would be pounding them.

Like I said earlier, A pet that can kill these in 10 minutes is a really heavy damager.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meet our next Contestants:

Same builds but Chivalry is added.
1611269526360.png 1611269980689.png

We will now find out that Chivalry is the spackle for bad builds!

Same time to kill tests on Para Balron:

Cant find the scrap
paper with the times
They were longer than Off mode but close

2:14
2:20
2:20

Armor Ignore

1:57
2:01
2:12

Takeaway:
Chivalry Rocks!

Same time to kill tests on Allosaurus:

Pet was changed to off mode
no test

12:30

Armor Ignore

12:10

Takeaway:
Chivalry Rocks!
A very important point here:
The Bladeweave pet with Chivalry had almost full Mana at the end of the test!

AI pet was running on regens most of battle but still won!

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was requested to also do Defensive tests. So what I did was fight the same Allosaurus for 2 to 3 minutes.
I used the two Chivalry dogs. I would think the others would be the same.
Between each test I waited at least 20 minutes to let the target build back HP he was never below 3/4 HP at start and never went to half HP till I killed him for fun.

I wrote each damage taken down and tallyed the totals.

Damage Taken tests on Allosaurus:

The range of damage was 27 to 31
The most common damage taken was 28, 29, 30
By a 15 to one margin.

A damage taken of 21 and 19 was seen. (he did a defense ability)

The range of damage 28 to 34
The most common damage taken was 28, 30, 31
By a margin of 15 to 1.

Armor Ignore

The range of damage was 33 to 39
The most common damages were 33 (6 times) 34 more than 15 times 36 more than 20 times.
the other values were 1 or 2 times.

Takeaway: Same allo was used for each test.
It had 836 Str with around 130 wrestling so this is a pretty high damaging melee mob.
Someone with math skills can tell if mine vs theirs is due to the 10 points less poison resist my pet has.
For whatever reason the defensive mode had more ticks at 1 point lower damage than offensive mode.
The defensive mode test was performed on the Allo first.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to also Test Chivalry alone on a Dog.

I found a Dog that someone gave me a long time ago it has:
1611634839021.png

So this seems like a good pet to see what chivalry does. Steal life does not do more damage to targets that have near equal Cold and Energy resists.

First I used Para Balrons.

The times were:

2:26

2:17

Very impressive. The Energy resist on the target was 10 below the cold resist so Steal Life did not do much more damage than normal hits. The normal damage of the Dog was around 52. Most hits were in the range of 77 to 102. The top hit hit was 127 a couple of times. Seems like the Dog had EoO on a lot through both fights.

Next I took it to an Allosaurus. The Allosaurous had 67 Energy resist and 66 Cold. So Steal Life would not do more damage than a basic bite. So on this test the only increase in base damage is from Chivalry.

Allosaurus time was:

14:32

Takeaway.
Chivalry Rocks!
When comparing this to the Dogs without Chivalry. Chivalry sped up the speed of the kill compared to base damage, since this dog only did base damage and Chivalry damage. It had no big hits other than Chivalry so it is slower than a pet with a special that does more than base damage.

Steal Life:
I am not impressed by this ability. It does not do extra damage to a target unless the target has significantly low energy resist, therefore it does not steal much life.

This pet also had periods where it took damage, The HP went to the 400s and the stamina dropped to 132. Even tho I was running Consume, the pet was loosing HP and Steal Life was not returning those HP. I had to heal the pet constantly during those damage periods. I did not have to heal any of the other pets. (This pet only had 9HP regen and lower healing than the others.)
I can not recommend Steal Life based on these tests.

Here is the Dog:
1611634839021.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reserved for other tests.

Thank you for your patience you can post what your experiences are with Bladeweaving. Also if you want to do the damage/sec tests on these pups I ll give them to you on TC. You know who u r.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When Bladeweave uses an ability that requires Ninjitsu, it will add Ninjitsu as a passive skill to the pet for free.
A Cu is not from Tokuno so it can not get Bushido or Ninja as a Active skill.
Special note here, I just want to say that when you unlock that passive ninjitsu, you can then follow up with frenzy whirlwind for only 100 points cost, and not the usual 600 points cost, so you actually save 500 points from already having that passive ninjitsu from bladeweave, which in my opinion one of the main reason why you would want to build a bladeweave cu, its a aoe/defensive pet, not a burst parse dps pet. All my bladeweave cus have fww, also you can build them with very low mana , as you will double your mana sustain with adding bladeweave.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you guys cleared up a lot of questions i have had with this build in this thread. thank you again for the time you took putting into it!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I Tested Chivalry on a Pet in Post #9.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Special note here, I just want to say that when you unlock that passive ninjitsu, you can then follow up with frenzy whirlwind for only 100 points cost, and not the usual 600 points cost, so you actually save 500 points from already having that passive ninjitsu from bladeweave, which in my opinion one of the main reason why you would want to build a bladeweave cu, its a aoe/defensive pet, not a burst parse dps pet. All my bladeweave cus have fww, also you can build them with very low mana , as you will double your mana sustain with adding bladeweave.
Would you mind posting your FWW/Bladeweave Cu?

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Pawain So I'm working up a bladeweave build like discussed in the thread. What is your thoughts on Conductive Blast vs. Grasping Claws on the build. I realize you guys did not test this from what I have read but was wondering if Grasping Claws would perform as CB does.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain So I'm working up a bladeweave build like discussed in the thread. What is your thoughts on Conductive Blast vs. Grasping Claws on the build. I realize you guys did not test this from what I have read but was wondering if Grasping Claws would perform as CB does.
Grasping claw would only be useful on pets that do physical damage. It reduces the targets physical resist for a period. Most mobs are higher in physical resist and less in other resists, usually to the point that if grasping claw is activated, other resists are still lower.
Dreadhorn is the peerless that has low enough physical resist to use a pet that does physical damage like a Hiryu, which also has grasping claw.

It is odd that a Cu can get grasping claw since they do not do physical damage. A Cu can also get Inferno which reduces fire resist. The devs decided they have claws and a tail so they get those choices.

Conductive blast is nice IMO. The devs felt it would be OP to put it with a pet that does 100% energy damage.

Other things you can put on a Cu that do damage.

For abilities or moves that do damage on their own.

AI the best
AP works on low resist targets.

Rest of these do damage. I have a Cu with each. You can put AI and one of these on, and the Cu is not compromised.

Angry Fire
Inferno
Lightning Force
Raging Breath

For Area abilities Goo is the most popular. Aura of energy has a small damage area. Essence of Earth is similar to goo but physical damage.

You can activate Poison abilities on a CU by following this thread:

But, a Triton has more points to use and can add a poison choice and still have a real nice build.

I have pets with Mortal Strike. Mobs with HP regen seem to be able to regen HP with it on. OItherwise it would be a good choice for Melisande.

Last edited:

Spiros

Visitor
I have a question regarding bladeweave on a cu.

In the first round I directly chose bladeweave and explisive goo as well as resists and put the rest in stats. Bleed was gone at some point and a bit later ninjitsu was on the pet aswell. Ninjitsu was at 0. In the second round, FWW only cost 100 points. Ninjitsu increases to 40 after choosing FWW.

Is this effect known and why does the cu get ninjitsu at some point?

I didn't read all the posts above. Sorry if it has already been answered.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a question regarding bladeweave on a cu.

In the first round I directly chose bladeweave and explisive goo as well as resists and put the rest in stats. Bleed was gone at some point and a bit later ninjitsu was on the pet aswell. Ninjitsu was at 0. In the second round, FWW only cost 100 points. Ninjitsu increases to 40 after choosing FWW.

Is this effect known and why does the cu get ninjitsu at some point?

I didn't read all the posts above. Sorry if it has already been answered.
Bladeweave uses spells from both Ninjitsu and Bushido. So as they use those spells the accompanying magic will increase.

From the Human description, pets will use both offensive and defensive moves, no matter what mode they are in.

Bladeweave – The Warrior becomes one with their weapon, allowing it to guide their hand. The effects of this attack are unpredictable, but effective. Can be set to offensive or defensive mode via a context menu on the weapon. Both modes still have a chance to select all available moves but will have a higher chance to select certain moves. Offensive: Armor ignore, bleed, Mortal strike, crushing blow. Defensive: feint, paralysing blow.

Feint and FWW use the opposite magic.