• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bladeweave Bushido & Ninjitsu Stuck

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
I just started a brand new cu and replaced bleed with bladeweave, mainly because bleed isn't that great and uses lots of mana. Since it's going to take me a while to save up gold for scrolls, I'll be leaving him in training mode and trying to skill up Bushido and Ninjitsu while there aren't any other competing magics added. Even though he's only got 40 Bushido, and a miniscule amount of Ninjitsu, neither number has budged...at all. What do I have him fight to get those numbers moving? Or is it really just THAT slow? My only bard is on the same account, so I can't have her discord him. I'm not even going to attempt to get him to 120 in either skill. My goal is just to get him (eventually) to 100, because...why not?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I just started a brand new cu and replaced bleed with bladeweave, mainly because bleed isn't that great and uses lots of mana. Since it's going to take me a while to save up gold for scrolls, I'll be leaving him in training mode and trying to skill up Bushido and Ninjitsu while there aren't any other competing magics added. Even though he's only got 40 Bushido, and a miniscule amount of Ninjitsu, neither number has budged...at all. What do I have him fight to get those numbers moving? Or is it really just THAT slow? My only bard is on the same account, so I can't have her discord him. I'm not even going to attempt to get him to 120 in either skill. My goal is just to get him (eventually) to 100, because...why not?
use soulstones to move discordance and music skills yo your tamer.
Or take your Cu to mini champs if you are bored with just skilling in one place.

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
use soulstones to move discordance and music skills yo your tamer.
Or take your Cu to mini champs if you are bored with just skilling in one place.
Thank you! Aside from mini champ spawns, are there any specific creatures I should have him fight to raise those skills? Or are they going to go up at the same pace no matter what he fights?

mihali

Sage
Use whispering taming mastery always, as much as possible, keep it fed. Can try shadow elementals, can try right next to slimes for hands off mostly (not afk), or can try to have some fun like I do, Dastard carefully and get ready to run when in trouble, or Swoop to get some occasional items and gold, Sphinx for low risk, or even try Fel lev 1 and 2-3 spawns for the chance of some PS, but you may get raided but so what, its for fun anyways. If Dastard, many spawns there are particularly amenable to Cus intrinsic damage (cold and energy), can use consume mastery for being ganked by 2 greater dragons or more if in trouble ride pet and run. Rideable is huge advantage for this reason. So the answer is really, fight fight fight..Not super specific creatures.

Last edited:

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
Use whispering taming mastery always, as much as possible, keep it fed. Can try shadow elementals, can try right next to slimes for hands off mostly (not afk), or can try to have some fun like I do, Dastard carefully and get ready to run when in trouble, or Swoop to get some occasional items and gold, Sphinx for low risk, or even try Fel lev 1 and 2-3 spawns for the chance of some PS, but you may get raided but so what, its for fun anyways. If Dastard, many spawns there are particularly amenable to Cus intrinsic damage (cold and energy), can use consume mastery for being ganked by 2 greater dragons or more if in trouble ride pet and run. Rideable is huge advantage for this reason. So the answer is really, fight fight fight..Not super specific creatures.
Thank you so much!

mihali

Sage
Thank you so much!
Welcome. I am doing this now with a Triton, experiment like for fun CHIV/AI/FWW and healing is going to stay at 110 and that is ok, (I am a cheap date, spent enough on him already :)). Wres is 125, magic resist 158. All skills 110 except these and also Ninjitsu 120 and Chiv 120. Using slugs next to the slimes in abyss, and within 30 minutes ninjutsu went from 40 to 52.7, chiv from 110 to 110.6, but I know how to speed up Chiv and may do that in next few hours, using the Isles in the Eodon for remote casting from the Chiv part of the pet. I definitely intend to get Chiv to 120, and I know it will be a little while also. At least the healing part is done for me, So the Ninjitsu is moving nicely there. I am aware as I hear that when Ninjitsu hits 100-110 it will stop there unless I discord the pet, and that would help tons. Enjoy.

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Morganne I trained Bladeweave (Ninja/Bushido) on shadow elementals. This literally took over 4 months to get the skills to 120. This was with the pet discorded most of the time and large chunks of time watching the pet just hit the elementals.

Here is a trick...Be sure to turn your pet on/off for offensive/defensive often. This seems to reset something and the pet would start gaining again. Bladeweave on pets seems bugged based on my experience.

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
@Morganne I trained Bladeweave (Ninja/Bushido) on shadow elementals. This literally took over 4 months to get the skills to 120. This was with the pet discorded most of the time and large chunks of time watching the pet just hit the elementals.

Here is a trick...Be sure to turn your pet on/off for offensive/defensive often. This seems to reset something and the pet would start gaining again. Bladeweave on pets seems bugged based on my experience.

I have NO idea what this means. Is this something you need an external software (like UO Assist) to do, or is it a feature of the Enhanced Client? I play strictly Classic Client with no extras.

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To change your Bladeweave mode do the following:

1. Double click your Cu to mount
2. Right click your Cu's health bar
3. Pick your mode
1679276398176.png

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
To change your Bladeweave mode do the following:

1. Double click your Cu to mount
2. Right click your Cu's health bar
3. Pick your mode
View attachment 141582
This must be a feature of Enhanced Client. If I double click my cu to mount, his health bar disappears. If I'm not mounted (so that he has a health bar) right clicking on it also makes it disappear. No combination of clicks on him or his health bar brings up this option.