• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bladeweave Bushido & Ninjitsu Stuck

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I took a look across the forums and can't find any information about getting a Bladeweave Cu's Bushido & Ninjitsu to 120. My Cu is currently stuck at 115.3 Bushido and it won't budge. I have not trained any other magic, just Bladeweave. I am doing the following:

1. Discord the Cu
2. Set Bladeweave to Offensive mode
3. Attack Gregorio - This worked up to 115.3

Does anyone have any ideas where to train the remainder of Bushido & Ninjitsu on my Cu?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took a look across the forums and can't find any information about getting a Bladeweave Cu's Bushido & Ninjitsu to 120. My Cu is currently stuck at 115.3 Bushido and it won't budge. I have not trained any other magic, just Bladeweave. I am doing the following:

1. Discord the Cu
2. Set Bladeweave to Offensive mode
3. Attack Gregorio - This worked up to 115.3

Does anyone have any ideas where to train the remainder of Bushido & Ninjitsu on my Cu?
Can you Discord it? Most skills after GM are a MAJOR pain to raise. Turn Whispering on after that. It *should* help.

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I do have it discorded by my bard and hit Whispering every chance I get. For example, I can easily train a primary magic skill to 120 in a couple weeks. This just stopped moving up at all. Been stuck for 4 days burning a lot of hours.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. The only thing I can think of is that you overrode Bushido somehow? I've never taught any of my pets Bladeweave so I have no idea how it interacts with the two skills.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
as crazy as it sounds....
if you have been training it after hours of whisper, i've had a skill lock on a pet, page a gm to confirm that it is not locked
ive had this problem on at least on 2 cus

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that you are reducing the possiblity of bushido gains by setting bladeweave to offensive mode; try setting to defensive mode instead for training purposes.
[It only has a chance to gain in bushido when bladeweave uses a bushido-based special such as feint.]

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe that you are reducing the possiblity of bushido gains by setting bladeweave to offensive mode; try setting to defensive mode instead for training purposes.
[It only has a chance to gain in bushido when bladeweave uses a bushido-based special such as feint.]

how do you do that in EC ?

balissis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Create a simple macro to Use Targeted Object.
1667582287963.png
1. Target your Cu unmounted
2. Have a mobile bar available for your Cu.
3. Mount your Cu and use the macro
4. Right click your mobile bar and choose the stance.
1667582425457.png

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
you cannot discord these pets once you get over that 113ish range. it slows to a standstill. multi mobs, i used two shadow eles, no discord and kept agro on both. it took about 3 months to get that 115-120 but i hit it. you cry when your pet dies for sure haha. hope this helps.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it took about 3 months to get that 115-120 but i hit it.

lol @ 1667756494450.png
June 2018

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ok, downloaded uo assist, and using classic client now....
how do you do it in CC
thanks in advance :)))))))))))))))))

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you cannot discord these pets once you get over that 113ish range. it slows to a standstill. multi mobs, i used two shadow eles, no discord and kept agro on both. it took about 3 months to get that 115-120 but i hit it. you cry when your pet dies for sure haha. hope this helps.
it is way worse than i remember

1667860721874.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't the pet have to be within xxx range of the skill level of what's it's fighting? I know for wrestling tactics etc not sure how it affects bushido or ninja @Pawain
No the pet has to use an attack associated with either Bushido or Ninja to have a chance at the gain. So there are multiple sets of RNG that have to go the correct way for a gain. That's why all the magic skills take longer than the melee ones. But these two do not fire as often as chiv or another single passive skill.

Also discord would help.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since 2 skills are so low, after discord they show as 0.
Would it still gain? Been a while...
I was talking about values like the OP pet. Yours will gain fine without discord for a while. You have skilled a ton of pets, do what you have been doing.:)

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
yeah they are by far the two worst skills to grind on pets. hands down. i did it 3 times on 3 pets and i was over it for life.

Groo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm training a Bladeweave cus too.
Is it normal that the pet uses almost no mana? It was fighting gregorio for 10 min and it's mana never went under 390 (402 max). It got 30 mana reg but i get the impression that it uses the specials not very often.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
With low Bush /Ninja there are not many specials it can successfully use.
For Bushido (if pet is a triton open in Tokuno ) you can select other abilities and open Bushido (cost 1 point)
It will make faster you Bush gains.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
With low Bush /Ninja there are not many chances it can successfully use specials.
For Bushido (if pet is a triton open in Tokuno ) you can select other abilities and open Bushido (cost 1 point)
It will make faster you Bush gains.
Remember : only Block and Feint are affected by Bush /Ninja so gains will be very very slow. Other moves don't require these skills . When AI , bleed or Mortal are triggered your Bush have no chance to raise .

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
what are you training on for eight hours?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Try some real mobs. Can kill UEV with a triton easily. slow killing but will get you void orbs. Put weapon skill , tact and anatomy on your tamer and kill fast with AI .
Eles in Tokuno are boring. Same Gregorio or Ortanords .Last one is my favourite because of low wrestling : pet will hit 100% time. But boring like hell .

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Absolute best training setup requires 4 chars, the pet, and a shadow elemental. The pet owner, 2 full bards, and an archer running "Play the Odds" mastery

Oh, and samesies on the reason for an elemental. Need to dig it up at yer house :)

I have never had a problem, know your dig zones, and use a prospector tool. Takes less than 5 minutes most days to dig up Shadow