• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Blacksmith stats question

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering how you successful smiths have your stats distributed. My smith is max'd on str now but I'm curious how the remainder of my points should be split between dex and int. Still not sure if I should develop magery for travel and long-range defense against monsters who want to disburb my mining, or chivalry for travel and melee defense against those monsters.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering how you successful smiths have your stats distributed. My smith is max'd on str now but I'm curious how the remainder of my points should be split between dex and int. Still not sure if I should develop magery for travel and long-range defense against monsters who want to disburb my mining, or chivalry for travel and melee defense against those monsters.

Well, your stats will depend on which route you choose. Do you plan on killing ore elementals as well? Some are immune to magic. If you choose magery, then go ahead and raise int. If you choose melee, then focus on dex and a little int for casting chivalry spells. I have archery/chivalry and have 125 str, 106 dex and 50 int. Some stats are from gear I am wearing.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, your stats will depend on which route you choose. Do you plan on killing ore elementals as well? Some are immune to magic. If you choose magery, then go ahead and raise int. If you choose melee, then focus on dex and a little int for casting chivalry spells. I have archery/chivalry and have 125 str, 106 dex and 50 int. Some stats are from gear I am wearing.
Thanks - that helps a lot. I think I'm leaning towards chivalry after your comments. Then I don't have to carry reagents and can (hopefully) take care of those ore elementals.

S

Sir Kenga

Wear LRC suit so u don't have to spend tithing points for recalling and other spells.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have between 60-80 magery on my smiths. Most of the time this is just to recall around and cast mark (if necessary). I have one smith who, with items, has 115 Magery simply for EVs. But none of my guys do any substantive combat.

For a non-combat smith, I never use a stat scroll on these guys so mine are all at 230. With that, I give them 120 STR, 10 DEX, 100 INT. The extra STR lets him carry more. The INT is so I can do some basic casting and not have to worry about med (large mana pool). And the DEX is minimum because nothing this guy does (unless he goes overweight) should pull down his stamina.

-OBSIDIAN-