• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Black cats

E

Electroflap

How about Sgt. Tix McWolf? Just put them all together!

E

Electroflap

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the name Alexandra McBoo?

Z

ZippyW

How about Tar Baby after the Uncle Remus stories? Or licorice? Or Ace? Or Wednesday like the little girl in the Adams Family that wore all black? How about Lucyfurr!! LOL!

S

SSniffleslam

How about Tar Baby after the Uncle Remus stories? Or licorice? Or Ace? Or Wednesday like the little girl in the Adams Family that wore all black? How about Lucyfurr!! LOL!
I doubt that Tar Baby would get approved but there's already a licorice, a wednesday and a Lucy E. Furr out there...

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with the name Alexandra McBoo?
Nothing that I can see. Is it rejecting it the instant you hit submit, or is it rejecting it later? If it's later, I'd try again. Sometimes it'll go through.

E

Electroflap

Nothing that I can see. Is it rejecting it the instant you hit submit, or is it rejecting it later? If it's later, I'd try again. Sometimes it'll go through.
Im gonna keep trying it.. it rejects it after i log out and back in

S

SSniffleslam

Well I've made mine, and I'm trying for the name "New Mewn"

Z

ZippyW

The term “tar-baby” is a literary reference and a metaphor for involvement from which it is difficult to disentangle one’s self. For anyone to put any other spin on it is as uncontrollable as controlling someone else's brain. I think I'll make a toon and submit it myself!! No cog who comes in contact with him shall walk away!

L

Little Sadie

It is also a derogatory name whether it was originally meant as something else. There are many words out there that might have a different meaning but has evolved into a slang or derogatory meaning. Either way, I doubt it would be accepted.

S

Squeaker

Sergeant Tix McWolf it is... approved and all! Still a boy - girls do not have ticks! You guys are coming up with some wonderful names! Can't wait to hear some more flying through. Back to fishing. :gun: Why is it that the toon with all the jellybeans has nothing in his catalog?????

E

Electroflap

Alexandra McBoo finally got approved! So this will be my first black cat!

C

CooperColeman

Please tell me why Disney denied "Awesome Cooper McBlack" but approved "Awesome Cooper Noire"??? I just don't understand them sometimes

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Well, I'm 2 for 2. Apparently the name "Willow" is unsuitable for a toon's name!!! I changed the name for Charisma to Karisma and that was rejected too. Drusilla??? Nope. Can anyone give any explanation for this? Am I missing something, esp with Willow?:sad3:
I am trying Darla. Maybe going for the lesser characters? Like Faith?

Okay that quick less than five minutes and its approved.:)
I tried each of the names 4 times and the 4th time was the charm!! I have a Willow, Willow McWolf, Drusilla, Drusilla McWolf, Karisma, Karisma McWolf, Charisma, Charisma McWolf along with the Agatha McWolf that was approved right away!!!!!! Drusilla McWolf is the only one on a paid account though. Now I have to decide which one I like!! I REALLY like the name Willow but have no open spots left.:sad3: I am happy with Drusilla though. HMMM... maybe I can delete one of Josh's toons!!! They have been approved a couple weeks now. The people who rejected these names must have gone on vacation. They were approved really quickly after I submitted them that 4th time!! My son was trying for "Dark Megatoon" at the same time and had to keep resubmitting it. It was approved the last time quickly too!!:thumbup1:

G

Granjell

They wouldn't approve Lawn Chainey McWolf even the 4th time. They finally approved Old Gypsywoman McWolf (after I tried Spooky Gypsywoman McWolf - which got booted instantly as not allowed). Why can't terms like ghost and spooky be used? The kids aren't THAT little.....

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spook is a derogatory term. Ghost.. *shrug* you got me.

F

Flippers

I dont plan to make more black cats this year (I have no open spots), but I do plan to take advantage of the Bloodsucker invasions for jury notices.

During that time, tasking may be difficult for you unless you happen to be on Professor Wiggles and his ink.

My invitation goes out to all interested baby cats who would like help through 5 level buildings during the invasions. I would lure and we would hit the same cogs together. You will emerge with incredible gag points with each building.

The bigger throw and squirt will help you breeze through your tasks.

Think about it.

Regarding ghost...

I dont see the Toontown name review team as culturally savvy by any means, but "ghost" does carry a negative connotation in paranormal and supernatural circles. Spiritualists see ghosts as entities which have not ascended because they "don't get it" that they've passed on and therefore continue to manifest in an effort to interact with the world of the living.

Z

ZippyW

If they are worried about racists or biggots using derogatory terms, then I'm surprised at some of the toons that they are using. I saw a pig the other day named Officer Smelly. Unless there's no other definition for it, I don't think that way. And I would LOVE to get a chance at it on a witness stand! :gun:

F

Flippers

Hey JOSH,

How about Shackles McWolf? Shackles are the hair on a wolfs back that raise when he is agressive.
Hackles.

Shackles are popular in some subcultures of Second Life.

I saw a pig the other day named Officer Smelly...
BWAHAHAHAHAA!!! That's a great name!

When pigs came out there was Officer O'Malley, which tied up two cop stereotypes neatly together like an homage.

I saw a Smelly Pig the other day but Officer Smelly is just toontastic.

E

Electroflap

My invitation goes out to all interested baby cats who would like help through 5 level buildings during the invasions. I would lure and we would hit the same cogs together. You will emerge with incredible gag points with each building.

The bigger throw and squirt will help you breeze through your tasks.
I have a few toons that wouldnt mind working with ya! So just let me know when you are ready and we can swap codes!

B

Beachmom321

Okay sssooo ... yeah I'm behind everyone else, but believe I will have no problem with name approval of Nites Meow McBoo, thank you Susan for inviting me to be your understudy ... hehe! With that I must say thank you to anyone here that helped Susan become a great leader and so one and so forth.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With that I must say thank you to anyone here that helped Susan become a great leader and so one and so forth.
She's a natural :) She didn't become one, she just IS one.

Early welcome to the newest in the McBoo family!

B

Beachmom321

Thanks Trish ... well my name was denied but that's alright I decided to change it .. still awaiting approval for ... Twilight McBoo!

K

kingsgal

Squaker: I am assuming it would have to be from a toon on that same account. All the toons on the account are on the list of every other toon on that account automatically.[/quote]

I just made my cat that I plan to turn black on halloween. It isn't on the friends list of my main toon. Could it be because my friends list is full? No wait I jusr checked it isn't on any of the toons on that account. How are yal buying stuff for them?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

L

loadexfa

I tried each of the names 4 times and the 4th time was the charm!! I have a Willow, Willow McWolf, Drusilla, Drusilla McWolf, Karisma, Karisma McWolf, Charisma, Charisma McWolf along with the Agatha McWolf that was approved right away!!!!!! Drusilla McWolf is the only one on a paid account though. Now I have to decide which one I like!! I REALLY like the name Willow but have no open spots left.:sad3: I am happy with Drusilla though. HMMM... maybe I can delete one of Josh's toons!!!
Yay! Willow and Drusilla are awesome. I got Fleas McWolf, Hackles McWolf, River McWolf (for all of you Firefly fans) Anacaona (historical woman from the Caribbean) and Caonabo (historical man from the Caribbean). Thanks for offering to delete one of my toons, you are so sweet! :talktothehand:

I really hope I can finally make it again this Sunday. It's been too long.

Josh

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't believe it! I made a black cat but named it something that should have been rejected. I purposely named it Willow since everyone said it would be rejected. I just wanted it to be rejected so I could buy stuff for it and still think of a name. I submit it and go and by all this stuff for it. I go on 15 minutes later and the name is approved!! She has all the emotes, some cute clothes, and doodle tricks. Now I have to delete her as I didn't want a Willow! I guess I will have to make it something crude in order for it to be rejected for sure.

Perhaps Shi Ted. Maybe that will be rejected! LOL! Ok that was rejected right away. I did submit Duck You. It is under submission! I am waiting to see if it rejects before buying her stuff again.
Scarlet O'Kitty was my first choice and it got rejected.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I tried each of the names 4 times and the 4th time was the charm!! I have a Willow, Willow McWolf, Drusilla, Drusilla McWolf, Karisma, Karisma McWolf, Charisma, Charisma McWolf along with the Agatha McWolf that was approved right away!!!!!! Drusilla McWolf is the only one on a paid account though. Now I have to decide which one I like!! I REALLY like the name Willow but have no open spots left.:sad3: I am happy with Drusilla though. HMMM... maybe I can delete one of Josh's toons!!!
Yay! Willow and Drusilla are awesome. I got Fleas McWolf, Hackles McWolf, River McWolf (for all of you Firefly fans) Anacaona (historical woman from the Caribbean) and Caonabo (historical man from the Caribbean). Thanks for offering to delete one of my toons, you are so sweet! :talktothehand:

I really hope I can finally make it again this Sunday. It's been too long.

Josh
Awww, anytime Josh!! I wouldn't delete Huddles, he looks too cute with Bella!! Those are really cool names. All your research has paid off in a real way, huh?? If you come up with any others that you arent using, let me know!! I think I may have my husband talked into making a Spike McWolf and a Zander or Oz and getting another account!! We will see, he has never played and was supposed to make "Bella's Knight" but it hasnt happened. Of course, since you wont give me any hints on what happens I don't know which is appropriate (Zander or OZ)!! I don't know about anyone else but I am having a hard time waiting for Oct 31!! I can't wait to start playing with them!!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

I like the name Oz, it has a nice ring to it.
Yeah me too....but who ends up with Willow? Josh wont tell me!!:sad3: Or was that a hint?? I could look it up but I dont want to ruin the WhOLE thing. I want just specific info on MY terms!! LOL

V

Voilet

Ok I have name approved for Wikid McBoo for one of the blk cats im makin. Didnt think that would make it... Owell!

S

SSniffleslam

Yeah me too....but who ends up with Willow? Josh wont tell me!!:sad3: Or was that a hint?? I could look it up but I dont want to ruin the WhOLE thing. I want just specific info on MY terms!! LOL
It wasn't a hint, and don't ruin it...The suprise is much better!!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Exactly. You'll just have to watch Susan. It's worth it, only 5 more seasons (or 10 if you want to count Angel too) to go! :)

Josh
Me thinks you forget to whom you are speaking! I'm your friend who doesnt like surprises, remember???? That surprise at the end of season 2 almost gave me heart failure!! I am in the middle of season 3 and I KNOW I won't get there by Oct 31. But that is fine, I realize it is all part of your 3 point plan. I can probably come up with a way to get you back. Just ask Joe!! :) IF I can get him to make them at all, he can just make them both!! We will run around as Drusilla and Spike until we find out!! BUT if you ever decide to show mercy..........:please:

K

kingsgal

With all the "new" black cats coming up, what kind of events can we come up with for them?

S

SSniffleslam

I dunno, maybe some group training or something? Savanna's decided to make a new black cat "Savanna Rawr McBite"...and I'm thinking of adding another to mine...

M

Monkeybear

I've made a cat ready to be coverted he's caled "Salem" He's named after the cat in Sabrina the teenage witch

L

Little Sadie

I finally decided on a name for one of my black cats. I didn't want to go with a Halloween theme as none of my other black cats have those kind of names. I went with Sake. Can't have Sushi without Sake so that's what I picked. Might be lame but I like it! LOL! It was approved within minutes too.