• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Biniding Keys to the Keypad

C

Ciar2001

I remember this bug a few years ago in game and it seems to be back again, is there a workaround for this or is just the case you can no longer use the keypad?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not so much a bug as a problem of language. The American players can bind to the keypad with few problems.

You will need to edit the file 'keynames.txt' in your uo directory. Change all instances of Num (or it might be num, can't remember) to NUM.

This will allow you to bind keys to the number pad, but they will only be useable when numlock is off.

C

Ciar2001

not so much a bug as a problem of language. The American players can bind to the keypad with few problems.

You will need to edit the file 'keynames.txt' in your uo directory. Change all instances of Num (or it might be num, can't remember) to NUM.

This will allow you to bind keys to the number pad, but they will only be useable when numlock is off.
ok I remember this bug actually appearing when I still played in 01 then it dissapeared like myself :) will give it a go and see if it works cheers.