• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Big fish of 2009

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok folks...I thought we would have a little fun and post the time, date, location (approximate) and size of your catch!

I will start..

10 am est, 19 January 09
Catskills shard along the server line east of Moonglow.
183 stones!

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far...

The biggest is 147 stones. This is on Great Lakes, off the coast of Skara Brae.

I WILL be back with a bigger fish!

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, mine probably might not contest but I'd just put it up coz I thought it wasnt that big as first so dumped it in my ship's hatch and forgot bout my ship which got sunk without refreshing it.

Fish Size: 189 Stones
Shard: Formosa caught along the server line east of Moonglow too.
Time: sometime in mid January.

I wonder what was the largest fish size for last yr?

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder what was the largest fish size for last yr?
I think it was Iffuls at 218. I'm still trying to find som of the old stuff to verify, but that sounds right.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here I thought the 98 stone big fish I caught earlier in the harbor of Chesapeake's Buccaaneer's Den might be on the hight end weight-wise. :)

Oh well. It looks good on the wall. :thumbsup:

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just pulled a 193 and it got 'Lady' stamped, then 2 mins later, my title decayed! Just in the nick of time :)

R

Renneb

i just got my very first BF though is only 36 stones in cats near trinsic how do you make the fish in to a trophy ?

R

Renneb

oh thats right thanks

i just got a nother fish 60 stones south of new haven

L

Lord Drakelord

Seem this is the one we should have for all to post the BIG ones they caught.

This from my fisherman. I hope to someday get a monster like this one from that other thread here

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The biggest fish I caught had 106 stones. It was a good catch, as I was Dread Lord at that moment and the fish said:

A big fish
Weight: 106 stones
Caught by Lord Hawkeye Pike

I used a taxidermy kit and turned it into a wall decoration. Very nice!

>> Outcome of my fishing adventure.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Rexxmortis fishing up Serpeants for a few days now. I have three in my hold and keep rotating when i get a heavy one.

I dropped a boat in Tokuno to see if I can get a ToT while out fishing and just pulled in a 174 stoner ( 4 July, 4 PM, Tokuno)

(Trying to put pic here)

3 Stones Littlest Big Fish LMAO 6:14 PM Tokuno

Tossing my nets off an island in Tokuno and got a Mempo :thumbup:

Have a TON of horned leather now anyone know a good use for it?

well when my hold changes ill update.

Hows about we have a monthly fishing derby, lets say 25K entry fee and winner takes all. (of course any amount would be kool 5k - 1 mil)

Im on ATL ATM but I am sure we could work with a Broker and have all shards compete?

Lord Rexxmortis
S@W
"Got Bait"

J

jpullen8874

Been working to GM fishing, only 84 right now. Just got my first big fish but its only 106 stones. I will post with pics once I have a real contender.

Oh yeah, on Cats fishing along server line.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I am trowing this out there again.

I am thinking of starting a monthly big fish derby.

Rules;

Entry fee 250k Winner takes all (are there any broker who would help support this on participating shrards so winner can take all?)

Fish must be presented to judge in fish form (NOT Mounted).

Fish will be mounted by judge once presented so there wont be any using of the same fish over again.

Fish will be presented at arond 8 PM EST (adjustable) on the last day of the month.

Prize will be given to winner following last entry.

I will contact a few broker to see if any are willing to support this and what shards they are avail on.

Let me know if anyone thinks this wil work out?

O

Orn Autumnleaf

This lunker was caught in the coastal waters just west of Skara Brae in Mid August, 2009!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Montlhy Big fish Derby?

Ok I am trowing this out there again.

I am thinking of starting a monthly big fish derby.

Rules;

Entry fee 250k Winner takes all (are there any broker who would help support this on participating shrards so winner can take all?)

Fish must be presented to judge in fish form (NOT Mounted).

Fish will be mounted by judge once presented so there wont be any using of the same fish over again.

Fish will be presented at arond 8 PM EST (adjustable) on the last day of the month.

Prize will be given to winner following last entry.

I will contact a few broker to see if any are willing to support this and what shards they are avail on.

Let me know if anyone thinks this wil work out?

I like the idea...I have had similiar ideas myself. But there is now way to ensure the fish was caught during the derby....or that it isn't the same fish used on past events.

I know friends with trunks full of big fish.

I wish the big fish would be date stamped...then it would be excellent

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

have two big ones one on 167 which i caught today 23/08/09, and other on 162 stones i caught last week.. screenies can be provided later but fishing at the moment ^^

Greets
Maria Lindsey, Drachenfels

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

just caught a bigger one, 2 stones short of the biggest in thread so far i think, being 187 stones :)

Greets

O

Orn Autumnleaf

Oh, nice catch there! That's definitely worth getting mounted for decoration. :)

U

Urk of LS

Arrrr !!! Twas off tha coast of Jelholm, after a Mighty Blow when I caught this here fishy.

143 stones
09-02-09
off the west coast of Jelholm

F

five oclock

Very nice..the largest I caught so far is 101 stones....BUT...Im moving on up :D

K

kryptman

Here are my 2 best from this year. The 197 is my best so far, so was mounted and placed the day I caught her. However, the Red Herring is now my personal favorite. :)

Attachments

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lake Austin Shard

192 Stones
2:50 AM Eastern, 23 December, 2009
29 47 S 75 14 W (NW of Iver's rounding & Skara), as I was closing in on an SOS location (I usually fish in from about 2 degrees out, to try for more nets, maps and MIBs from serpents).

L

Lord Drakelord

Time to say bye to this year's, slat is clean and we start all over, good luck all!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have been working on my very first fisherwoman the last few days and she caught her first big fish tonight, on Origin somewhere north of Buc's Den: 78 stones.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrate Tina but - umm

you posted it in the 2009 listing - 2010 is locked up top.

rolleyes:

But again congratulations on joining the fishing community.

Now go bait that hook and catc a 200 stoner.

:lol: (he siad stoner)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack! I could have sworn I didn't see the 2010 thread! Thanks for letting me know. I know 78 stones is puny as far as big fish go, but I'm just tickled I finally stuck with fishing long enough to actually catch a big fish.