• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Betty here's to starting your 4th with a BANG!!!

• Thread starter Teufel_Hund
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Teufel_Hund

Kinda like Ben here! Three weeks til training camp opens! Everyone have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!!

B

Black Betty

Thems is fightin' werds, Boy! This here means war! Let the games begin!

:rant2:

Can you say "5 Super Bowl Wins"? This year will be one more added to my beloved Steelers record!

I"m still angry with Big Ben for stopping his fall from his motorcyle with his face! He is a completely different player now. I'm hoping that this year brings back that fearless quarterback I fell in love with. And, when I said I would love to see Ben on his back, this was NOT the idea I had in mind. You Turd! lol

D

Doug Ravene

Ok, all I got to say is....

and one more!!!!!

That's not only for you Betty, but for FDAU also, hope it inspires some positivity and community building.:party:

B

Barbosa

ITS ON!!!!.....

ALL about the 49er's. Kentucky probably doesn't have a team but Ohio's SUCKS.... *coughs* Buckeyes..... GO NINERS!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ITS ON!!!!.....

ALL about the 49er's. Kentucky probably doesn't have a team but Ohio's SUCKS.... *coughs* Buckeyes..... GO NINERS!
At this point, the Buckeye's could beat the niners on any given saturday/sunday.

I have to agree on go Steelers and Go Ben. I'm two degrees of separation from Ben and thus the reason I root for the Steelers.

Buckeye's will play 13 games this year. Niners will play 16.
Buckeye's will win more than San Fran even with 3 fewer shots. Mark it down.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
...and Steelers were 10-6 and in the playoffs. Baltimore was 5-11 and in the cellar.

I guess when your team is at rock bottom, you have to celebrate the small victories no matter how insignificant.

B

Black Betty

Oh, Dougy, you are ever so thoughtful. LSU, bwahahahaa!!!! Buckeyes will FOREVER be the better team no matter what you do or say. Love 'em or hate 'em, they will always be the better team.

Theo, if there is only two degrees of seperation between you and Ben, maybe you could get a message to him for me? Let him know it's ok to play like he started out and if he can't, then step out of the way for the next guy. Batch maybe?

Barbosa, I used to think you might be a decent guy, but now I just feel sorry for you. SF, lol. Enjoy them 49ers back in the woods boy, but I'd learn to play banjo just in case things get boring watching them lose.

This is a 49er fan->:sad2:

:stir:

T

Teufel_Hund

...and Steelers were 10-6 and in the playoffs. Baltimore was 5-11 and in the cellar.

I guess when your team is at rock bottom, you have to celebrate the small victories no matter how insignificant.

yeah and the year before that the records were the exact opposite. Shut up and go home. At least I stand by my team win or lose none of this
I'm two degrees of separation from Ben and thus the reason I root for the Steelers.
Easy to pick a winner. The only thing insignificant in this thread is hhmmm let me think, YOU!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theo, if there is only two degrees of seperation between you and Ben, maybe you could get a message to him for me? Let him know it's ok to play like he started out and if he can't, then step out of the way for the next guy. Batch maybe?

Uh, yeah - no. Batch? Another MAC quarterback but a servicable backup and nothing more than that. Detroit proved that for years.

Ben had his BEST year statistically last year.
QB Rating 104.1 (second only to Brady) with 3100 yards and 32 TD vs 11 Ints.

His first year was only 98.1 QB with 17td and 11 int.

What sunk the Steelers was losing Willie Parker in the playoffs. Ben had 327 yds passing against Jacksonville and their leading rusher had 25.

Nothing at all wrong with Ben and he's got some solid WR's around him again. He will put up top 5 QB stats again provided he's healthy. The issue is can they run the ball and can they keep the Defense at the same high level?

There is nothing wrong with Ben. He was awesome to watch in college and the more they open up the offense you will see him continue to shine.

In college he played from the shotgun almost every play and 500 yard games were not unusual.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least I stand by my team win or lose none of this Easy to pick a winner. The only thing insignificant in this thread is hhmmm let me think, YOU!
I've rooted for them since he was drafted. He went to my alma mater and we don't get many NFL players or other sports players for that mater. So - I root for the teams that draft them. It just happens that he has been a complete winner since going there and taking over the QB spot.

I root for my teams through good and bad - but I don't shoot my mouth off when my team blows.

Thats the difference. You are droning megaphone even when your team is laughing stock. Nice. :fight:

T

Teufel_Hund

I root for my teams through good and bad - but I don't shoot my mouth off when my team blows.
Wrong again oh insignificant one. No where in my original post did I shoot my mouth off about my team. Let's see:

Kinda like Ben here! Three weeks til training camp opens! Everyone have a safe and Happy 4th of July!!!.
Nothing about the Ravens winning the Superbowl simply commenting about training camp opening soon and Ben ending up on his ass. Something I am sure you know an awful lot about.

B

Black Betty

:rant2: Oh yeah? Steelers are still a better team no matter how many times he has ended up on his ass.

You know who I had a crush on when I was a kid? Richard Todd, the quarterback for the New York Jets! Has nothing to do with the Steelers, but just something from years ago that I would think about when I would stop and stare at his football card. My brother and I would lay on the floor once in a while and go through all the cards. Fun times!:thumbup1:

T

Teufel_Hund

Oh yeah? Steelers are still a better team no matter how many times he has ended up on his ass.
Can't argue that point with ya at the moment, but it is a long season!

You know who I had a crush on when I was a kid? Richard Todd, the quarterback for the New York Jets! Has nothing to do with the Steelers, but just something from years ago that I would think about when I would stop and stare at his football card. My brother and I would lay on the floor once in a while and go through all the cards. Fun times!
Richard Todd???!!??! He wasn't even like good or anything?

B

Black Betty

He was an ok quarterback. I just had a crush on him and loved seeing him in those tight pants. :thumbup: