• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bets on the release date?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I doubt NL will be launched before 2025, I still think there are too many excuses. If the team was too small to make this new server then why didn't they hire some more people? Everything is done on the cheap.
I dont know but I suspect they dont make a whole lot of money?? :confused:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well they recently took on a new community liaison person, I just feel that money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well they recently took on a new community liaison person, I just feel that money could have been better spent elsewhere.
that can't be alot of pay. no offense to this new person :blushing:
they could have gotten someone to pay THEM to do that...one of the fanbois lol

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just had a thought...

Look at the date of when this thread was started; early last year (March 2022). If we don't get NL until 2025 (assuming around March) that would be 3 years from when this thread was made. Now add in that this thread was made 2ish years after NL was announced. So the estimate on NL completion is currently at 5 years.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He mentioned this in the Unleashed thread, but supposedly some Alpha testers have posted their concerns on Discord about the state of Alpha.

Would it surprise me if this was true? Absolutely not given the extreme lack of any details of NL, but at this point it's all hearsay.

They've already missed the 25th anniversary release & pushed back NL from 2023 so they will be working hard for 2024 release which might mean that a extremely buggy / subpar version of NL is released. They've kind of painted themselves into a corner here with NL.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd be more surprised if people didn't have concerns during an Alpha.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd be more surprised if people didn't have concerns during an Alpha.
Agreed but I think @Veldrane nailed it in a previous post. It's all about the expectation the Dev team sets. Currently we don't know much about NL; did the Alpha team get the same treatment? Given our experience with the Dev team, just as recently as pub 117 on TC1, there isn't much info given on how things are expected to work so I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpha testers were just given access to the shard and told "go test".

Perfect example is the new greenhouse on TC1. As of this morning, we still haven't been told the expected functionality of the item (outside of the items inside do not go against house storage) so players are left to rely on their own expectations. My expectation of a greenhouse is that it's a place to grow plants in... so far the greenhouse initially didn't accept "live" plants (which was fixed) and no don't actually grow the plants so in my mind this item is broken.

Anyone who has ever done QA/UAT in software development will tell you that having the expected outcome of a test is the crux of testing. Otherwise you will have no idea if the test is a pass or fail.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agreed but I think @Veldrane nailed it in a previous post. It's all about the expectation the Dev team sets. Currently we don't know much about NL; did the Alpha team get the same treatment? Given our experience with the Dev team, just as recently as pub 117 on TC1, there isn't much info given on how things are expected to work so I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpha testers were just given access to the shard and told "go test".

Perfect example is the new greenhouse on TC1. As of this morning, we still haven't been told the expected functionality of the item (outside of the items inside do not go against house storage) so players are left to rely on their own expectations. My expectation of a greenhouse is that it's a place to grow plants in... so far the greenhouse initially didn't accept "live" plants (which was fixed) and no don't actually grow the plants so in my mind this item is broken.

Anyone who has ever done QA/UAT in software development will tell you that having the expected outcome of a test is the crux of testing. Otherwise you will have no idea if the test is a pass or fail.
You're overthinking it. Either you're on the alpha or not. If you're not, like me, we just have to wait. All this speculation is just because you want it so you're trying to get as much as you can from it now. And there's nothing to be had. It's healthier for you and for your future self's enjoyment of the content to just be excited or not and go play something else.