• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best weapon skill for sampire.

fatpay

Visitor
Which one is the best? I have a Fencing and Swords on soul stones and don’t know which to go with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swords. No reason to use Fencing. Best weapons and best special moves.

Tectop

Journeyman
I personally like fencing better, but you have lot more weapon choices with swords.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have both but never really use fencing, swords is perfect for me. From what i understand some prefer fencing for soloing peerless and bosses because of the leafblade. Basically what they do is have a leafblade which is a one handed weapon and chug pots during the (oh crap) moments while equipped with some enhance pots mods. There are a few videos floating around of some "mighty HK" guy who swears by this set up and he solos stygian dragon and alot of the other hard peerless pretty damned well.
Finishing my samp up has been on the back burner of my game time for a long time. to be honest what stopped me from really exploiting the 120 fencing that i keep on a stone is the need for a full compliment of 100% slayers and all that jazz. Swords works... But i do see the reasoning behind the move to fencing for certain situations.
Anyways im swords... i cant find the vids othewise id post em here...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swords.

You didn't mention macing. But I used a macer for spawning for a while and it worked really well. But I've since re-purposed my macer for doom and it's not going as smoothly.

Last edited:

Finegold

Journeyman
I'm a macer, have been for years... love the black staff, but when I see others with double axe and teh damage output they deal - I might switch to swords one of these days... soon as I find a 120 swords.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swordsmanship with axes (doublestrike with on slaught) and bladed staff (ai) is only right way to go pvm. If you need leafblade feint you do something wrong. (Also daesho is even better with bushido than leafblade)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use swords now because I like the higher damage output, but you can go a long way on the much cheaper 120 Macing / Level 3 Mastery (Stagger). I actually ran macing for a long time instead of swords. If Bealank thinks it is good and useful, then believe me, it is.In some situations it is just a really tough, survivable setup. But if you already have 120 swords and 120 fencing, I guess mace is out of consideration. The Fencing setup is unfamiliar to me, but a while back there was a Ninja Fencing build that was soloing Travesty and Paroxymus and all kinds of crazy things under the "I'm not going to block ANY damage, hit me, I'm a ninja B1TCH!" mantra, and it looked really, really cool. Swords seems to be far and away the preferred setup, which on the one hand means you are going to get a lot more advice / suggestions for it, but on the other hand, you'll be competing with a deeper pool of potential shoppers for some weapons.

Red Comet

Visitor
On top of the leafblades feint special it stacks well with fencing mastery skill pierce which causes a stamina debuff and stamina drain on the target. Which effectively drops the targets damage output by causing their attacks to become slower.