• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to set this macro up?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
OK, so I want a macro that with 1 click will remove my shield, swap my jewelry from my currently worn ring/brac into a ring/brac with some EP on them, drink a heal potion, swap jewels back, re-equip shield.

I've tried to start simple: disarm right hand, pause .3, quaff, pause .3, reequip.

But it seems to me that I don't want to add a 2nd set of equipping actions. Should I use somehow one of the dress/undress ones?

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
[equip ep jewels], [pause .2], [disarm left hand (shield)], [pause .2], [quaff], [pause .8], [equip shield (I think it will have to be a default shield, you can't have it re-equip the shield you just unequipped.)], [pause .2], [equip default jewels (Again, there's no way that I know of to automatically re-equip the jewels you last unequipped.)]

So not a simple macro, and I'm not sure about the pauses. You might have to experiment with those.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you didn't want to have your default jewels/shield you would have to use an equip macro after that to switch to the shield/jewels that you want to equip.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, that's far too many/much pauses, given that I am nearly certain you need .3s pauses. Seems like this just isn't going to work all that well.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is the code from my buff macro for my parry fencer that wears a shield:

Code:
  <UserAction type="Macro" id="68" iconId="17" name="Bless" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="Left Alt+Left Shift+Y">
  <UserAction type="UnequipItems" id="0" iconId="637" targetType="Current">
  <UnEquipSlot slot="2" />
  </UserAction>
  <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.35" />
  <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="252248064" iconId="3849" targetType="Current" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
  <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.56" />
  <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="252182528" iconId="3848" targetType="Current" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
  <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.59" />
  <UserAction type="UseObjectType" id="270598158" iconId="4129" targetType="Current" iconObjectType="0" iconObjectHue="0" />
  <UserAction type="Delay" id="0" iconId="623" targetType="Current" delay="1.38" />
  <UserAction type="EquipItems" id="0" iconId="625" targetType="Current">
  <EquipItem targetId="1159009330" />
  </UserAction>
As you can see it's actually [unequip shield];[pause 1.4];[drink agility];[pause 1.4] etc. That's the reason why I rarely used heal pots on that character. Switching equipment in and out takes too long to make it something worth doing in an intense combat context. I would only drink a heal or cure pot if I was running away red lined. But switching weapons in combat works very well, as does switching an entire suit - a bit weird that would work better than your macro, but there it is... :)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think I can... trick the macros into leaving me shieldless. If I make one of the "equip whole suit" macros include a gargish shield by targeting it from my pack, then I need two of these:
1 that equips my whole suit of normal fighting gear, and 1 that equips my whole suit of normal gear, but with the rings swapped, and the gargish shield.

So my macro will look like [equip suit 2] (which will yield a "you cannot wear that" and leave me shieldless), [pause however long I need to], [quaff heal], [pause x], [equip left hand] (adds the shiled back in)

I will try this later.