• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to kill baracoon with an archer

• Thread starter archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

archite666

So whats the best build to kill baracoon on an archer?

Currently I have

120 archery
120 bushido
90 tactics
70 chiv
85 anatomy
100 healing
85 meditation
40 necro

Obviously I am going to change some thing up, Im thinking of farming karma, getting enough necro to go into vamp form.

I assume il kill him with consecrate weapon, enemy of one, divine furys, along with lightning striking him when the mana is low.

I have a repond slaying composite, but I hear a vermen slayer talismen does the same thing, so I might switch bows, if a vermen slayer does the trick what type of bow should I use?

V

Vyal

that will be good. work ur honor up, honor the coon, corpse skin, enemy of one, cons wep, ai blows non stop hit for 200 + dmg coon dies very very fast.

If you can enhance ur repond slayer comp to have like 20 + ssi its even faster.

dont forget spirit speak, actually ide gm necro and ss. helps alot with healing and never hurts to see what ghosts are walking around especially if you plan on soloin coons.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So whats the best build to kill baracoon on an archer?

Currently I have

120 archery
120 bushido
90 tactics
70 chiv
85 anatomy
100 healing
85 meditation
40 necro

Obviously I am going to change some thing up, Im thinking of farming karma, getting enough necro to go into vamp form.

I assume il kill him with consecrate weapon, enemy of one, divine furys, along with lightning striking him when the mana is low.

I have a repond slaying composite, but I hear a vermen slayer talismen does the same thing, so I might switch bows, if a vermen slayer does the trick what type of bow should I use?
I would say you need to take swords to deal with the rats being summoned on you. You need a means of dealing with them fast because if its 4 mages or 4 archers your gonna be in trouble, and it does happen freequently. With a soulseeker in your pack, you can just quickly switch to it and whirlwind the summoned spawn.

This also means you can use whirlwind attack for all 4 levels of the spawn. With Vamp form it works a treat. I can actually stand with 20 odd ratmen mages casting on me and stay alive comfortably with the huge leech im getting with every swing. Each succesfull whirlwind replenishes your mana/stam/hp to max.... its great fun :)

Can't see how the early stages would be possible with just archery..

Maybe consider something like this:

100 archery (use hunters)
120 bushido
120 Swords
100 healing
85 anatomy
70 tactics
70 chiv
40 necro

V

Vyal

ahhh no dont put swords on I already have a template like this and can solo a coon easy with it. necro wither works just fine for clearing that stuff away.

do not listen to some noob talking about a soul seeker.

R

Revenant2

I feel that an archer is better than a swordsman for killing coon because coon will stand still and just take the attack from the archer. A swords guy would have to potentially tank barracoon for real and take his damage and it's a pancake to do that even on a life-leechy template, plus potentially you'll have to chase the thing around and that's a major pain in itself. You will probably not be soloing Coon (or, are you?) so as an archer you just stand next to a necro and let the necro wither the stuff off of you (and help him shoot the rat mages off when they appear). Not to mention that one of the popular gear choices for the life-leechy swords templates, the darkwood suit, has reflect physical which can be touch-and-go in Fel. Reflect physical is buggy and it appears that blues can use little tricks to cause you to unknowingly flag as aggressor on them and then they can kill you without taking a count for it.

IMO 120 bush is higher than is needed, but sure it's nice.

I don't understand the intended use of necro on that template if you aren't taking a necro form (which I like to do, and equipping items to help get up to the level you need to cast is helpful). Both wraith and vamp form archery can be really great at the right times.

Do all of these things together:

Be blue, ideally with high karma. Try to have high HCI (despite the lightning strike use), understanding that coon can spawn with over 130 wrestling and that will make your shots miss more than you like, even with max HCI turned on via lightning strike. You will want your natural HCI to carry your shots when you haven't leeched enough mana to lightning strike at it. Find yourself a bow that resembles this as close as possible: high swing speed increase, high mana leech, and enough DI to work with your items to bring you as close to 100% item-based DI as possible. Honor Coon before he takes any damage. Equip a vermin slayer talisman. Fire up Enemy of One. Have a necro that is with you use corpse skin on it and keep it that way. Positively keep Consecrate Weapon activated at all times, overlap the timing of the spell duration a little if necessary, and when you feel like you have the mana, try to keep Divine Fury on. Then, start lightning striking the coon and just go with the flow, letting the mana leech and the med feed your mana as best as it can. The strings of misses will interfere with the leech but just do what you can.

If you are working with a 710 skillcap, these template changes should do more damage than the one you put up:

120 archery
100 bushido
100 tactics <--- there is a damage increase reward for GM tactics
75 chiv <--- never fail divine fury
100 anatomy <--- there is a damage increase reward for GM anat
100 healing
80 meditation
35 necro

You can drop the med slightly if you need to boost up the necro further and then later if you find you can lower the necro back to 35 you could pop that med back up easily.

You can raise that skill point cap if you incorporate the hunters headdress, if you're willing to drop your real archery down to 100 to utilize the +20 to archery that the headdress affords.

The temp has no magic resist.... you better have a good macro for remove curse and carry a trapped box for even basic surviveability chances in Fel, if the raiders on your shard don't completely suck. This template can be strong in certain kinds of PVP but because of no magic resist its mage gank bait and if you can't build out the DCI well enough you will be everything-gank-bait.

Edit: fast bows such as a magical shortbow can be more troublesome than a slower one because of the balance between how much mana you leech back vs. the mana you expend to do your lightning strike. Lightning strike has the same mana cost per shot no matter the speed or damage of the bow, and the fastest TYPE bows (shortbow, repeater) do less damage per shot and therefore leech back less mana per shot. This means that it's harder to keep up with the mana requirements for sustained lighting strike with those type weapons. Try some different bows and you'll see how that works out.

R

Revenant2

use the talisman AND slayer bow.. more damage.
A friend of mine tested a vermin slayer tally and a repond bow on coon and reported to me that the slayer-type damage did not double up for him.

A

archite666

FYI I play siege if you didnt notice that fist in my sig, yes Im quite able to handle the pvp side.

No im not putting swords on this temp.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Perfection, enemy of one, consecrate or 100% wep in it's lowest resists, vermin slayer talisman.

Slayer weapon + vermin slayer talisman don't stack.

Imo you wan't to use a heavy x bow with no hit spell. Why?: The faster and lower damage the weapon you use the more stuff it will spawn on you so slower but harder is best - heavy x bows have the highest. You use momentum strike to kill off the spawn around you while still shooting the champ but if you have hit spell and it goes off while your momentum striking you will keep changing targets.

If you can get a weapon thats 100% in it's weakest resist you can LS throughout. Even if all the weapon has (in conjunction with your suit) is the 100% DI I would do that.