• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Best way to get Message in Bottle

S

Sonoma

I have a GM fisher, and out of probably 20+ hours spent fishing, I have only ever gotten one Message in a Bottle. Am I doing something wrong? I would really like to do more of these, but I just cant seem to fish them up. Any tricks?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 hours and 1 ????

Humm are you fishing in Deep water. I have spent prob 12 hours fishing while sitting here watching the boob toob over the past few weeks and have gotten over 20 MIBs. Of course non of them had a ASOS in them :gee:

Anyhow i just sail slow forward and cast while sailing. Stop, kill, loot serpeants when they pop up.

I am hording the ASOS I do get in hopes of a future bless from the creators in their items.

But I stay in DEEP water the whole time.

:popcorn:

K

Kallie Pigeon

tell the tillerman to go slow forward that way any serpents you fish won't get lost by the boat speed.

B

bjornef

i prefer to go to deap wather then stop fish to emty then move 8 spots then fish to emty works good for me get sos like evry 20-30min

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some days Ill fish four 2-3 hours and get a dozen of them, other days not one. And they say luck has nothing to do with fishing...

B

bjornef

well i normaly have to fish for 20 mins befor i get a serp then they pop out like evry 5-10 mins some emty some with nets and so on even got a lvl 2 map in a deep serp to day along with a mib