• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best way to cure poison?

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I've returned after a long hiatus and was just wondering, since I forgot or maybe it's changed, what is the best way to cure poison now. I'm talking a high level of poison and percent chance of cure. Aids, cast or drink?

And what's best preventative measure, orange petals, high resist skill, or polymorph into something, or combo.

Thanks for looking. :)

PS

I hate being poisoned &/or paralyzed for that matter. LOL

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hug your 120 healing/120 anatomy Cu Sidhe ^^

Cleanse By Fire in Chivalry with High Karma is monster quick and successful, any target!

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Hug your 120 healing/120 anatomy Cu Sidhe ^^

Cleanse By Fire in Chivalry with High Karma is monster quick and successful, any target!
CUs cure poison? I thought only unicorns do that, or are you joking?

So, I need chiv in my template?

But that brings up a good point, what about pets? just cast Cleanse on them too? Or with all the changes to taming can you drop a greater cure pot on them now?

I've been casting arch cure or using aids.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
CUs cure poison? I thought only unicorns do that, or are you joking?

So, I need chiv in my template?

But that brings up a good point, what about pets? just cast Cleanse on them too? Or with all the changes to taming can you drop a greater cure pot on them now?

I've been casting arch cure or using aids.
The Cu will attempt to heal you with bandages starting when you drop below 75% health roughly, If you are poisoned during this instance it works just like a player bandaging you and you'll be cured.
Cleanse by Fire is any target yes.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
keep in mind that pvp poison and monster poison are calculated differently.
there are so many variables when talking poison that a blanket answer is not possible.
i wouldnt worry about making a template to just combat being poisoned, instead i would make the template i want and then use that to cure when needed.
if your super fearful of nox then carry a couple greater cures and revert to them if your healing/chiv/magic/myst cure fails to do the trick.
keep in mind that as a 120 fencer with 100 poison there have been many times that i poison someone and i can hear them chain chugging the greater cure pots and they just keep failing.....
sometimes you just need to have someone back your guy with a arch cure ....or a res.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is Shuriken the only projectile Deadly Poisonattack? Or are there others with archery that can do DP?
Also : Is Sampire or vamp form immune to DP? or resistant to DP?
Thanks..

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
keep in mind that pvp poison and monster poison are calculated differently.
there are so many variables when talking poison that a blanket answer is not possible.
i wouldnt worry about making a template to just combat being poisoned, instead i would make the template i want and then use that to cure when needed.
if your super fearful of nox then carry a couple greater cures and revert to them if your healing/chiv/magic/myst cure fails to do the trick.
keep in mind that as a 120 fencer with 100 poison there have been many times that i poison someone and i can hear them chain chugging the greater cure pots and they just keep failing.....
sometimes you just need to have someone back your guy with a arch cure ....or a res.
Yea, I'm mainly talking about poison from NPCs/monsters. My current technique is to just peace them as soon as I see them and then attack with usually a pet until they start casting again, then peace them again. LOL I just hate caster mobs in general, because they can reach me even when standing back. But mainly worry about my pets.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arch Cure has no problem curing even Lvl 5 Poison, even at just GM Magery. At 0% EP, Greater Cure Pots have a 45% chance to cure DP (Lvl 4), and a 25% chance to cure Lethal (Lvl 5). This jumps to 67% and 37% with the cap of 50% EP. Vampire Form grants immunity to up to Greater Poison, resistance to Deadly Poison, and is overpowered by Lethal Poison. Same with Orange Petals (DP has a 25% chance to overpower Petal resistance). Both Vamp Form and Orange Petals allow the Poison to be applied to you (which interferes with non-leech/Regen healing), but as soon as the poison tries to tick for damage, it can be resisted and removed. Unicorn Form from Ninjitsu grants complete Poison immunity up to Lvl 5, the Poison will not even apply to you.

Creatures with high Poisoning and high Magery can apply DP to you with the Poison spell when they're within 3 tiles of you. Without Magery, Poisoning creatures have to be within melee range of you to apply DP or Lethal. The only exception to this, is creatures with Poison Breath, such as Dimetrosaurs, Yamandons and Serado the Awakened. They can DP-Lethal you if you're within 9 tiles of them.
So as a Tamer, that usually starts off at range from monsters initially, and has a pet to tank for you, Orange Petals work great against everything but Poison Breath, which not many creatures have.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stone Form's poison immunity seems to scale with the character's Mysticism skill. I would still occasionally get poisoned until my Mysticism hit 120 skill.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stone Form's poison immunity seems to scale with the character's Mysticism skill. I would still occasionally get poisoned until my Mysticism hit 120 skill.
Stone Form is pretty godly, so many immunities and even curses, I just wanted with it 120 resist spells for felucca otherwise you get popped out (+plus making up more FC in kit so you aren't negative!)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yea, I'm mainly talking about poison from NPCs/monsters. My current technique is to just peace them as soon as I see them and then attack with usually a pet until they start casting again, then peace them again. LOL I just hate caster mobs in general, because they can reach me even when standing back. But mainly worry about my pets.
have protection turned on, wear a 70 suit then its just a matter of casting cure (set a hotkey for this) then heal (again, hotkey) and carry a stack of pedals with ya and keep that going.
but i do agree with you, its seems like i spend 80% of my time curing myself when im playing.