• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Best way to craft Magical Residue with a Smith

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there a way I can use my legendary smith to craft items which unravel to magical residue without using a runic hammer?

I'm wondering if the arms lore bonus and any other properties from specific items (i.e. mage armor for light plate jingasa) or using colored ingots yield residue. Everyone is focused on relic fragments, but for skill gain I just need residue. I don't have a fletcher so the oak bows are not an option for me. Just wondering what the latest is after pub 63.

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crafting daggers with dull copper ingots yields residue. I tested it out and one dagger yields 3 residue. You can also test various things on Test Center to see what works best for you too. Good luck. :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Without using a runic tool?! If so, that is awesome and will help speed the growth of my residue stockpile.

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hot dang! It works. 3 dull copper ingots forged into an exceptional dagger yielded 3 residue when unraveled. Time to stock up on Dull Copper! Thanks for the tip.

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
FYI all... I've done some more work with this and my human smith at the Ter Mur soul forge (not the queens) yields 0.83 magic residue per dull copper ingot when converting dull copper exceptional daggers. So I'm loosing a few; it is not a straight 3 ingots per dagger equals 3 residue. Basically, 60k dc ingots = 50k magic residue. I have not tried with a gargoyle toon to see if he has a better return rate and none of my guys can use the queen's forge (yet).

Also, my artificer at 67 imbuing skill did not gain at all unravelling these exceptional dull copper daggers.

-OBSIDIAN-

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
self seems quicker loot all either swoop or trogs depending harvester
and not craft, get gold out of for gems also
and essences for trade in quest for 115 quest so can convert to a 120

FYI all... I've done some more work with this and my human smith at the Ter Mur soul forge (not the queens) yields 0.83 magic residue per dull copper ingot when converting dull copper exceptional daggers. So I'm loosing a few; it is not a straight 3 ingots per dagger equals 3 residue. Basically, 60k dc ingots = 50k magic residue. I have not tried with a gargoyle toon to see if he has a better return rate and none of my guys can use the queen's forge (yet).

Also, my artificer at 67 imbuing skill did not gain at all unravelling these exceptional dull copper daggers.

-OBSIDIAN-

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was doing that on Miasma, but the looting was cumbersome. I had to take many trips in an out of Labyrinth to drop off stuff. I was looking for an alternative. Certainly, if you have the time you can fight. I made my first 4000 residue this way and got enough essence for a 120 power scroll.

-OBSIDIAN-