• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best things to solo?

• Thread starter Corrupted Goblin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Corrupted Goblin

What are the best monsters to solo with any combination of pets?

Bear in mind i will be wearing a luck suit with no LRC and probably non medable so greater healing help is out the window.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy Miasma. With high luck she can kick out some good items. Plus marties and good gold too. Swoop is the same. Red Death in Bedlam is a pushover. Hiryus and rune beetles are fun. Greater Dragons too. The Yamandon I have yet to try but want to!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy Miasma. With high luck she can kick out some good items. Plus marties and good gold too. Swoop is the same. Red Death in Bedlam is a pushover. Hiryus and rune beetles are fun. Greater Dragons too. The Yamandon I have yet to try but want to!
Yamandon pretty much requires an attack, retreat, heal your wounds, attack ..... repeat.

Can not stand to close to your pet when it is attacking the Yamandon or you WILL get level 5 Poison and most likely YOU will die.

I have used the same tactic to kill the Skeletal Dragon.

Neither have a very fast or effective Health Regen Rate.

As for good Solo MoB's

Ogre Lord's / Arctic Ogre Lords

White Wyrms.

I have killed both of the above with a single Nightmare.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what pets do you use?
Well, you gotta love the greater dragon for.........everything! but I really love my Cu. Its got 100's accross the board and rediculous resists. I guess having Disco and Peace on my tamer is a great help. Don't really use peace much anymore though.

S

Shanna

You can solo the Bone-Deamon-Guy-Thingy for Doom's Golden Skulls with a Greater Dragon and good vet :). Need to get the 1000 deamon bones first though and that can be mondane.

I like to use my Dread horse and vet on the Swoop. GREAT training. Sometimes if I'm bored, I'll use my dread horse and nightmare to Isamu Jima to kill Hiyrus. (If no dread horse, then a fire steed or another nightmare)

Also running around Destard with your pet can be profitable. Dragons drop gold, horned/barbed leather, and scales (30 points per for Brit Library turn ins). Just watch out for greaters (use Greater Dragon or nightmare/rune beetle combo).

For kicks, I will use a Unicorn on the Artic Orge Lord in Ice Dungeon.

Also, the Sphynx has a nice gold drop and alright jewels. You can use any type there with good vetting.

S

Shanna

Well, you gotta love the greater dragon for.........everything! but I really love my Cu. Its got 100's accross the board and rediculous resists. I guess having Disco and Peace on my tamer is a great help. Don't really use peace much anymore though.
How can you not use your peacing much anymore? :O I miss my peacing when I'm on a different char. It comes in handy at the Destard spawn and while getting Mel Keys. I think at times, I relay too much on my direct and area peacing.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the best time to reward ratio, I would suggest this:

Go to Doom, to the poison room with a cu sidhe. Before you go into the room, precast invisibility. Invis yourself (while riding the cu) after you spawn the baddies, then dismount. Keep your pup inside the room while you ferry the bones, maps (if they're interesting to you) and gold back and forth to the bank.

When you have more than 1000 bones in the bank (shouldn't take long), fill a pack beetle with 990 and give those to the bone collecting lady. Then return with a greater dragon and 10 bones, spawn the bone demon and kill it for the skull. Then you can sell the skulls for gold.

Or, since you have a lot of luck, find any named monster who doesn't have an area effect, like Coil, Lurg, Miasma and so on. You'll get a lot of gold. If you pick your target well, you won't have to gheal much (use a GD for most) and you have a good chance at some valuable artifacts like totem of the void or bloodwood spirit. You can also work on your honor (BIG bonus!) in the process.

S

Shanna

For the best time to reward ratio, I would suggest this:

Go to Doom, to the poison room with a cu sidhe. Before you go into the room, precast invisibility. Invis yourself (while riding the cu) after you spawn the baddies, then dismount. Keep your pup inside the room while you ferry the bones, maps (if they're interesting to you) and gold back and forth to the bank.

When you have more than 1000 bones in the bank (shouldn't take long), fill a pack beetle with 990 and give those to the bone collecting lady. Then return with a greater dragon and 10 bones, spawn the bone demon and kill it for the skull. Then you can sell the skulls for gold.

Or, since you have a lot of luck, find any named monster who doesn't have an area effect, like Coil, Lurg, Miasma and so on. You'll get a lot of gold. If you pick your target well, you won't have to gheal much (use a GD for most) and you have a good chance at some valuable artifacts like totem of the void or bloodwood spirit. You can also work on your honor (BIG bonus!) in the process.
Oh I forgot, Thrasher (easier than coil unless you have chiv) is a nice one to solo with greater dragon or cu. And he drops a lot of honor. (I believe Coil's Fang is a heartwood tinker quest for Pendent of the Magi, however.)

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you not use your peacing much anymore? :O I miss my peacing when I'm on a different char. It comes in handy at the Destard spawn and while getting Mel Keys. I think at times, I relay too much on my direct and area peacing.
When you have dicso on your tamer you really don't have a need for peace. I only have it for fighting the big guys with my friend (Another tamer) in case we need to get out of a fight. It was invaluable during the Vanguard stuff. But seriously, I advise ALL tamers to get 120 music and 120 disco. Nothing compairs.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you have dicso on your tamer you really don't have a need for peace. I only have it for fighting the big guys with my friend (Another tamer) in case we need to get out of a fight. It was invaluable during the Vanguard stuff. But seriously, I advise ALL tamers to get 120 music and 120 disco. Nothing compairs.
*Shrug* Different strokes for different folks.

I totally disagree as in 180 degrees disagree.

Music(120) Peace(120) Honor (3rd Tier) and your just plain simple good to go.

If I dont want my Pet dealing with adds ... well or if I dont want to deal with adds, they get peaced off and sit on the side lines waiting to die. It is that simple. :)

Anything that is 160+ Barding Difficulty isn't going to be any easier to DISCO than it is to PEACE. Meaning your going to fail the majority of the time any way.

IF I don't like the way a One vs One battle is going I will just PEACE the opponent and let it sit there while My Pet Kills it.

C

Crow

Oni's are good. Don't have an area effect, and go down pretty easy with beetle baka combo. As with any monster, just be quick so he dont target you first.