• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Solo Peerless for a Tamer

K

kantoska

Hey guys, just finished up my new tamer with the following skills:

Taming:110
Lore:110
Vet:100
Magery:110
Med:80
Music:120
Disco:120

Yes, there are some +skill items involved.

I was wondering what is the order of difficulty for solo'ing peerless. I was thinking this, but then again my knowledge is very limited.

Grizzle
Travesty
Dread Horn
Mel
Shimmering
Parox (impossible)

Any thoughts??

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I'd put Mel and Dread ahead of Travesty (by a bunch). The problem with Travesty is the Ninjas at the end AND your Disco. If you get close enough that Trav morphs into you, you and your pet are going to be dead quite quickly. I've seen it done, but I generally don't recommend a template with discord on it to do Trav. JMO.

N

NickyDishes

Travesty is the easiest for me....i just sit at the sweet spot healing my pet far enought so she dont aggro me......cast wildfire to keep her mirros down....and then at the end i cast ethereal form or honor myself then go find her and word of death her......i had a disco tamer for soloing peerless and i switched to the spellweaving tamer because it is so much easier to solo bosses because u have way better healing methods, self rez, and word of death at the end....best decision i ever made.....disco is nice to have but bottom line is spellweaving is way more effective and disco really aint all that great against peerless cause they shrug some of it off....Grizzle might be up there with trav cause all u have to do is vet heal ur pet until he dies.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd say DH. Stand beside your pet and heal while you have arch cures ready and shouldnt be an issue there. Then I'd say Mel would be easiest, followed by Trav.

Actually, Trav might be the easiest with that template. Just have to be very, very careful on how close you stand because she will turn into you even if you have honor embraced. Treat her like the Abscess and she is soloable. I've actually only know of it being done with disco/tamers. I'm betting some of the sampire templates out there could do it, too.

Shim might work better with a peace/tamer. But if you did it carefully, might very well be able to solo it. I've only done as low as a two man on that. Unfortunately we were both stealth/tamers and didnt have the mana to keep healing our pets well so it took a while. At least at Shim you can leave the room to heal up, or get a rez at the ankh.

Paroxymous eats pets to heal himself. I've seen him take out 3 fully healed greater dragons in as many seconds. We ran a test with four tamers on him to check that. We spent a while there but couldn't knock him down as he killed the dragons and fully healed from them. Definately an anti-pet peerless. (that goes for summons too)

K

kantoska

How would you be able to solo Mel? Basically, how do you make it through the original spawn of satires, any strategy tips? Also, for DH, when its area poison goes off, doesnt it change targets, meaning you would be hit by a poison, and probably a couple hits too? Thanks for the help and quick replies!

G

guum

I've done Travesty a bunch on my disco tamer. 95% of the time, I can get her down to 7.5% health (where the ninjas spawn) -- I'd say I only wind up killing her about 40% of the time though...it's fairly easy to have her not take your form when you first walk in, just honor before you go in and approach very slowly until she's at the very edge of the screen and pull down a health bar and then get behind your greater and it'll go after her on its own, and then you can use GHeal to keep your greater up easily once she's disco'd (in fact, I'll sometimes get up and make coffee, have a smoke, go to the bathroom, whatever in between heal spams). The problem comes when she flies around the room...unless she flies to just the right spot, once you move in to start healing your greater again, she takes your form. I haven't figured out how to avoid this (and if someone else knows, please fill me in).

My guess is that a weaving tamer would have an easier time with Travesty IF (and only if) you can get a high-level focus. I've tried it a couple of times without a focus and it's pointless.

I've done grizzle several times. It's kind of a pain, honestly, but doable. I seem to run into a lot of keying bugs with grizzle, and given that it takes like twice as long to key as it does with Trav, those are really annoying. And then once you get in, again you need to get positioned just right (with Grizz, you need to vet in addition to GHealing).

Haven't done the others solo...I'd be curious to hear folks' take on them.

V

Vertigo

I solo Trav with Stealth tamer with 120 sw.
Don't have much trouble with it.

N

Nem

Travesty is the easiest for me....i just sit at the sweet spot healing my pet far enought so she dont aggro me......cast wildfire to keep her mirros down....and then at the end i cast ethereal form or honor myself then go find her and word of death her......i had a disco tamer for soloing peerless and i switched to the spellweaving tamer because it is so much easier to solo bosses because u have way better healing methods, self rez, and word of death at the end....best decision i ever made.....disco is nice to have but bottom line is spellweaving is way more effective and disco really aint all that great against peerless cause they shrug some of it off....Grizzle might be up there with trav cause all u have to do is vet heal ur pet until he dies.
Can you list your temp plz.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Travesty killer was (I switched around and now have trouble there)
120 taming/lore/vet/magery/meditation/SW
I could also easily do Grizzle with the same template.

Mel is really a group activity.
Dread Horn is better done with your sampire (if you want to solo things, you have one)
So is Paroxy, but you can key Paroxy with any tamer.
And I really have no experience with Shim.

K

kantoska

My Travesty killer was (I switched around and now have trouble there)
120 taming/lore/vet/magery/meditation/SW
I could also easily do Grizzle with the same template.
What did you switch it too that gives you more trouble and what is the problem?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I switched spellweaving for Evaluate Intelligence.

The problem is that by the time Travesty teleports and both I and my pet has found Travesty, Travesty might have healed enough hit points to go over the side-spawn-spawns boundary. This happens more than I would like with using magery as a damage dealer.

To compensate, use spellweaving, word of death, and at least a level 3 focus. While Travesty could get lucky and out-heal a 20 point flame strike while you're trying to avoid the side spawn, there's no way that she can out heal a 450 point word of Death (that's 50% SDI) while you're trying to out-run the side spawn.

So a spellweaver can easily find Travesty, hit her with two WoDs, run off to the other corner, invis, and head back to the fight without the side-spawn, saving that until after the fight is over.

I switched to EI because I was constantly in positions where I wanted to have more magery options than just cold-damage. I'm no longer in those positions now, and will likely put SW back on my template.

R

RichDC

Dunno what you guys are going on about!!

The easiest for a disco tamer...BY FAR is grizz. Just sit back and relax.

Travesty next without a doubt. Disco/spellweaver tamer makes no difference the tactics are pretty much the same.

K

kantoska

I figured grizz would be the easiest... Now I just need to be able to get the keys.... anyone know any tips for that?

R

RichDC

Best tip...DONT USE A DRAGON!

They are much...much too slow.

Beetle bake is the best, beetle/mare and dread/bake are also good combos.

For a "Newb" at getting keys i would suggest the dread/bake, both make good tanks and you can mount the dread while pulling the named monsters to the door.

Tell the bake to stay at the door, mount dread and pull down named mobs one at a time.

G

guum

Best tip...DONT USE A DRAGON!
How on earth do you keep a beetle/bake combo up against grizzle? He does a lot of damage, most of it physical, and beetle physical resistance is 20% lower than that of a greater. I have a hard enough time keeping my greater up against him.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are talking about using the beetle/bake to key for Griz.

I totally forgot to list that thing when I was mentioning peerless. Bleh, and concidering I key it just for the gold, that's my mind going.

I use a cu sidhe down there on the disco/peace/tamer. It works much better than the greater dragon she has. Her ossies die way to fast to use them (that is the limit of her pets). The dog works ok though, rarely dies. That does let me ride out to pull in single undead, though. Nice undead slayer instrument for there and I rarely ever fail discoing and peacing those guys. Disco is always first, unless there are several of them. Then I'll make on of them just stand there while the dog eats one.

I use a beetle/kitsune when I take my stealth/tamer there. They kill so lovely fast. The fox tanks with it's resists and they just chow down. They like chewing on bones.

G

guum

They are talking about using the beetle/bake to key for Griz.
Ahh whoops. My bad. I use my greater for keying, but it's definitely not fast. The real problem though is looting more than mob killing speed...all those named monsters have tons of junk to sort through (and look for the key under), and it can be hard to do it uninterrupted...someone seems to always show up and start withering while I'm trying to loot.

This thread inspired me to do grizz again on my disco tamer...just finished it, and he was easier than I remembered. No major problems. No particularly good loot either, except for a nice-looking tombstone though.

K

kantoska

It looks like I'm gonna head down for a grizz... What are most peoples preference in named monsters for collecting the keys. Do you try to pull one down in particular?

G

guum

It doesn't matter. You won't really have a choice anyway -- you get what you get, and you just need to hope you don't pull 3 or 4 of them at once. Do watch out for Sir Patrick though...he withers a lot, so stand back when healing your pets.

R

RichDC

It doesn't matter. You won't really have a choice anyway -- you get what you get, and you just need to hope you don't pull 3 or 4 of them at once. Do watch out for Sir Patrick though...he withers a lot, so stand back when healing your pets.
Patrick doesnt wither, he EQ's

Order of ease:

Lady Marie(red skele...soooo easy)
Lady Jenifer(grey skele, hits harder but no AOE)
Master mikael(Lowest of the necro HP, dies fast)
Master Forgot his name(the other one)
Sir patrick(seems to have the highest hp and largest AOE)

The bottom 3 are about the same thats just my prefered order as i use beetle bake and they tear those necros a new ....BEEP!

Oh, and also another good pet for grizz is a Greater Hiryu(and a natures fury every now and tehn)

G

guum

Well, he AOE's of some sort or other. It's annoying enough, whatever it is.

Another tip for keying: make sure you have a charged pet ball before you go in. That way, if things get hairy, you can run out into the healer's shop and just summon your pet out -- you probably won't be able to get them to follow you out, since everything in there is a spellcaster and will cause your pets to auto-defend.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All stop, All follow me, no problem with pet following. I really, really dislike the AoE undead. So the solution is take pets that kill them fast! I stand back and cast greater heal when they are fighting those two. Then I get up there and vet the pets up after. I always keep my pets near the door and lure down one undead at a time (or attempt to). I'll have invis ready and run past the pets to the far wall and drop it on myself (the invis, not the wall). It takes a little practice but once you have it down, it does good. My beetle and fox can handle two undead at a time with no issues, three can be a little tough if one of the undead does AoE. I'll kill that one first so I can vet.