• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best single target DPS pet?

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What i'm looking for is an alternate to the typical Cu that can get Chiv / AI

I'm already convinced that Chiv / AI is the best combo but what i'm looking for is a pet that can get Chiv / AI but doesn't have the mana draining innate abilities like healing and bleed.

The reason behind this is that the pet would use Armor Ignore more often because mana isn't wasted on healing (i can vet if it needs it) and bleed attack.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
What i'm looking for is an alternate to the typical Cu

I'm already convinced that Chiv / AI is the best combo but what i'm looking for is a pet that can get Chiv / AI but doesn't have the mana draining innate abilities like healing and bleed.
-Pre-patch/Legacy White Wyrm. Have magery, but chiv will overwrite it, so no extra abilities.
-Stygian Drake-only spawn at 4 slot so it will be very tight on points. Also have magery that will be replaced by chiv.
-Ram, will have life leech ability and be tight on points.
-Crimson Drakes, will have dragon breath though. 100% elemental damage.
-Reptalon, have lots of points for training and rideable, but will have paralyze and dragon breath.
-Nightmare and fire steed, both have dragon breath, but nothing else.
-Lesser Hiryu, will have grasping claw (not bad) and dismount (not used in pvm). Lots of training points.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Against anything that isn't really high in Physical resist, a trained Lesser Hiryu is pretty tough to beat. The grasping claw it comes with works well with the Chiv/AI !

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am far more likely to grab my lesser Hiryu with Chiv/AI than I am my cu. 100 percent physical damage, plus grasping claws which reduces physical damage resist, makes for a very hard hitter.

Also has enough points for 600 mana so can dump a lot of damage very quickly.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That looks like a good option for me thanks guys.
Legacy Bake Kitsunes look like real beasts but i'm trying to do it without the use of legacy pets if possible.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've always liked Ki-Rins but it looks like they might be tight on points after replacing magery.
Possibly a high stat Ki-Rin but I might have to be selective on which skills i make legendary to save points.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I've always liked Ki-Rins but it looks like they might be tight on points after replacing magery.
Possibly a high stat Ki-Rin but I might have to be selective on which skills i make legendary to save points.
You can do AI/Chiv on a kirin or unicorn and they'll have no extra moves, but they will be very tight on points. Can only get around 400 HP.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Against anything that isn't really high in Physical resist, a trained Lesser Hiryu is pretty tough to beat. The grasping claw it comes with works well with the Chiv/AI !
This if physical damage works. They keep a mana pool better than any others.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
This if physical damage works. They keep a mana pool better than any others.
I think that's the only type of lesser I haven't tried yet. I bet it would be very good against anything that doesn't have high resist, but even then with grasping claw and AI, it would still do pretty good, even more so if the tamer has discord. Gah! Why do they have to be SO ugly!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Depends on what you are fighting. If you want to do damage, the single best this you can do is match the pet to the weakest resists of a mob. That will be your biggest dps increase, aside from maxing base damage.

As far as pets without innate abilities, I use unicorns for a lot of content, they are actually pretty great animals. Kirins not so much unfortunately.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Depends on what you are fighting. If you want to do damage, the single best this you can do is match the pet to the weakest resists of a mob. That will be your biggest dps increase, aside from maxing base damage.

As far as pets without innate abilities, I use unicorns for a lot of content, they are actually pretty great animals. Kirins not so much unfortunately.
Is that because of the Unicorns immunity to poison? They look identical otherwise

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Please don't make us get into this again.
I don't think he meant that the inherent mana regen is any different (like we used to think), I think he meant since they don't have dragon breath or bleed, or other "bad" abilities the mana pool retains better.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It wouldn't be a monster specific pet.
I'm thinking EM Events so something that would do well on a variety of different monster types because of the unknown factor

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm thinking EM Events so something that would do well on a variety of different monster types because of the unknown factor
@Khaelor bought a Midnight Blue Lesser yesterday on Atl. I'm pretty sure he bought it only because he knew I want one. He should sell that one to you at cost or a little more.

I prefer the Valorite for my Chiv Lesser.

They all have enough points for a large mana pool and Hit Points and max intel for the Ks.

Darn I thought I could slip one by K. Ill see you tonight after I get that pet build started.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Khaelor bought a Midnight Blue Lesser yesterday on Atl. I'm pretty sure he bought it only because he knew I want one. He should sell that one to you at cost or a little more.

I prefer the Valorite for my Chiv Lesser.

They all have enough points for a large mana pool and Hit Points and max intel for the Ks.

Darn I thought I could slip one by K. Ill see you tonight after I get that pet build started.
I'm not worried about color. I want those old nasty, dirty colored ones with awesome stats, THAT CAN KILL STUFF! hehe I do want a blaze Cu though(just to have one). But I'm too cheap t0 buy one.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Em event mobs tend to have across the board resists.

What we find the most useful at em events are rideable mounts.

And what pet you want might depend on the em and what they tend to favor encounter wise.

Our main shards em loved greater poison elementals and constant aoe poisoning this last arc. so my unicorns come in handy there.

I'm not worried about color. I want those old nasty, dirty colored ones with awesome stats, THAT CAN KILL STUFF! hehe I do want a blaze Cu though(just to have one). But I'm too cheap t0 buy one.
Well technically speaking, lessers at 1 slot have so many points that they will all kill stuff. You would need to be more discerning with normal Hiryu though

@Khaelor bought a Midnight Blue Lesser yesterday on Atl. I'm pretty sure he bought it only because he knew I want one.
I buy them when they are decent and cheap.

Is that because of the Unicorns immunity to poison? They look identical otherwise
Yes, it can actually be very handy.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Yes, but for unicorns you have to have a female character to ride them no? Is there a way a male character can ride them with some type boots etc?

Innoxicated

Journeyman
Lessers are awesome from what I understand, plus they can benefit from bushido (it is hard to top chiv/ai). I'm a little tight on stable slots to try one myself, even though I've been a big fan of the birds since they first came out (also very pleased they are a viable pet now).

A pet i have tried is a chiv/ai firesteed. If you look at the intensity charts that have been posted, the firesteeds actually look very good once you've removed the innate magery included in the intensity ratings of similar pets. And the heavy elemental (80/20 fire/phys) is a very neat perk, especially when complimented with a tamer's discord or a buddy with a RC bug!

edit: totally stole this from a post by a Violet on the uo.com forums, a thread about frost s drakes but very insightful for many pets. you can see the thread here:
Frost Drake feedback

Attachments

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lesser hiury with bishido/AI is badass.. sometimes my hiury does insane damage with lightning strike (140++). He also heals himself with confidence from time to time. and not to forget that he also cast evasion. Also AI does huge damage.

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Lesser hiury with bishido/AI is badass.. sometimes my hiury does insane damage with lightning strike (140++). He also heals himself with confidence from time to time. and not to forget that he also cast evasion. Also AI does huge damage.
Do Bushdio Lesser's honor their targets?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do Bushdio Lesser's honor their targets?
I have no idea. you can however see when the pet does LS,evasion, confidence, and AI. you can also hear when the pet does momentum strike.