• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Race for an Enhancement Shaman!

Syiler

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So with WoD up and coming as an Enhancement Shaman raider I'd love to keep this thread going to talk about the current and future best race for an Enhancement Shaman in both PvE and PvP!

TLDR:
Horde PvE - Orc > Pandaren > Troll > Goblin
Horde PvP - Orc > Troll > Goblin > Pandaren
Ally PvE - Pandaren > Draenei > Dwarf
Ally PvP - Dwarf > Pandaren ~ Draenei

Horde -

Orc -
Orc is by far the best race for an Enhancement Shaman in both PvE and PvP as of patch 5.4.7 this is because increase pet damage, expertise for Axes/Fist weapons, an attack power stim and the stun reduction by 15%. All of these things benefit an Enhance shaman in all aspects of the game making it the go too choice to min/max your Enhancement Shaman!

Troll -
I'd say that Troll is the third best horde race for PvE and the second in PvP. In terms of PvE you get a 20% Haste boost for 10 seconds and 5% additional damage vs beasts which is huge for fights like Thok but you get nothing from it if you aren't fighting a beast! In PvP you get the increased health regeneration along with a 15% reduction to movement impairing affects which I feel is strong due to Enhance being easily kitted.

Goblin -
I'd say this is the Worst horde PvE race and the second to last for PvP. In terms of PvE you get Rocket Jump for gap closing, Rocket Barrage (Shares a CD with Rocket Jump) for a little extra damage and a 1% attack speed boost. I don't feel the attack speed boost is large enough to care about for PvE but the Rocket Jump/Rocket Barrage are decently useful. In terms of PvP the rocket Jump can help close the gap on a ranged and the Rocket Barrage can help with DPS a little but they don't really have any passives suited to PvP.

Pandaren -
I'd say this is the second best Horde PvE race for Enhancement and possibly the worst for PvP. For PvE you get the double food buff which is quite significant but if you die at any point during the fight say bye bye to that racial as its now useless! The fall damage reduction could be useful on a few select fights too. For PvP Quaking Palm is quiet useful as its a 4 second CC but outside of that you can't use food in arena and you won't take fall damage often in PvP so it makes there over all racial kit feel weaker in PvP.

Alliance -

Dwarf -
For PvE I would personally say Dwarf is the worst while for PvP the best ally race for Enhancement. In terms of PvE you get 1% expertise but that limits you to using a Mace, the Stoneform is a decent PvE defensive too. For PvP the mace limitation isn't an issue, Stoneform becomes a lot more useful as having a 10% and disease/bleed dispel is pretty significant vs certain comps, the 1% reduced frost damage doesn't seem to useful though.

Draenei -
I would consider Draenei 2nd best in PvE and the worst in PvP but that is debatable. In PvE you get a straight 1% hit rating which means you can use any weapon that is an upgrade and still benefit from the racial and the heal isn't to bad either. In PvP you are getting the 1% hit once again and a heal although the heal doesn't seem to help that much but could be the difference between a win or lose!

Pandaren -
Same decription as horde but for Ally I would consider it the best PvE race if you can stay alive for every fight and second for PvP. For PvE you get the double food buff which is quite significant but if you die at any point during the fight say bye bye to that racial as its now useless! The fall damage reduction could be useful on a few select fights too. For PvP Quaking Palm is quiet useful as its a 4 second CC but outside of that you can't use food in arena and you won't take fall damage often in PvP so it makes there over all racial kit feel weaker in PvP.

I will look to keep this thread updated to help those looking to start an Enhancement Shaman but don't know what Race to pick! Keep in mind though unless you plan to play at a high end level it doesn't make to much of a difference which race you pick. If you plan on playing casually just choose which race you prefer!