• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best PVP item template, need some suggestion

T

Templar1

Hello I'm trying to build the best suit for pvp and since Iv been gone for a while like I said in the previous.I need some help. Money is not a problem for me I was the 3rd richest player on cats before I quit.

Right now I have
1) Hat of the Magi : Bonus intel 8, Mana regen 4, Spell Damage increase 10, Fire resist 5, cold resist 9, Poison resist 20, energy resist 20
2) Pendant of the Magi : intel bonus 10, Mana regen3, spell damage increase 5, lower mana cost 10, lower regent cost 30
3)barbed leather sleeves: hit point increase 4, reflect physical damage 15, lower reagent cost 19, physical resist 18, fire resist 7, colst resist 7, poison resist 10, energy resist 9
4)Ring : enhance potion 20, spell damage increase 6, lower reagent cost 16, fire resist 10,
5)barbed leather leggins, lower reagent cost 15, physical resist 17, fire resist 13, cold resist 7 , poison resist 15, energy resist 11
6) rune beetle carapace : increase mana 10, mana regen 3, lower mana cost 15, physical resist 5, fire resist 3, cold resist 14, poison resist 3, energy resist 14.
7)Ornamant of the Magician, Fast spell recovery 3, Fast casting 2, lower mana cost 10, lower reagent cost 20
8)Sword of Prosperity: Mage weapon : Luck 200 , Faster Casting 1
9) Totem of the Void : 2 hit point regen, 10% lower mana cost

This give me a total of :
+4 HP
+10 Mana
+18 Intel
61 physical resist
55 fire resist
56 cold resist
55 poison resist
70 energy resist
100 lower reagent cost
20 enhance potion
21 spell damage increase
3 fast cast recovery
3 faster casting
40 lower mana cost
4 HP regen
10 Mana regen
25 physical damage reflect

Im having trouble to cap my resist and get higher fast cast recovery. Any of you have suggestion of items I could change to improve this template?.
I also think I should get more DCI?

Thanks for your time

Templar

C

Chaosy

The rune beetle carapace does not fit in well with a suit containing both the hat and the pendant. I would recommend replacing it with a crafted tunic. For DCI, you can fit fey leggings in, though it might be harder to find the appropriate gloves/tunic/arms to max out your suit. DCI is a MUST for PvP. For casting, you're just going to have to find a decent 0/3 or 1/3 ring to fit in.

G

GFY

My mage has a Rune Beetle Carapise and Kasa of the Rajin. Everything else is crafted unless I swap in Fey Leggings for DCI.

T

Turdnugget

You have too many arties w/bad resists... your suit is going to suffer resist wise = death many a times.

For the FCR, you'll either need to drop the swords, pick up the 1/2 Museum shield, or find a better ring with at least FCR 2. It shouldn't be too hard to find a better ring, depending on what shard you're on.

You're gonna have lots of deathrobes w/little to no DCI. Especially in PvP, you'll be a sitting duck for dexers. Especially if they have HLD, you'll be screwed beyond your wildest dreams =)

Fey leggings are a good option, and the 5 DCI quiver from a Heritage Token. And there is not much need to have EP on the ring if you're using a 2handed weapon that takes too long to disarm, chug, rearm for it to be of any use IMO.

If you would rather carry regs, your suit will be a whole heck of a lot easier to build. But it depends on the PvP you plan on doing... if you're not going to have easy access to a bank to resupply, running w/little to no LRC can be rough.

If you've got the money, get a decent SC mage weapon, but you'll have to make up for the lost magery with either a decent magery ring + alchy talisman with +5 magery or crystalline ring depending on what funds you have. If you go factions, you can use the faction one and take care of the other 3 FCR at the same time.

C

Chaosy

I would advise against using the 1/2 Chaos shield as a way to build up casting speed due to the high strength requirement. Chances are good that you'll get cursed exactly at the worst time and drop it, in which case you're pretty much dead.

T

Turdnugget

I'm not a fan of it either due to the Str requirement... or you could stoop down and use that 1/2 Elf helm of swiftness but it's got less than mediocre resists.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the lack of late night ingenuity, to add to your thoughts on what you need...I did not see what shield you are using?

If not old school or having played for a while, the Arcane Shield is a pretty easy fix to your problems. 15 DCI, FC 1 and a strength requirement of 20. Other than that, just find a 0/3 ring or what have you with good DCI and you're set. Not too strenuous I would say.

R

RichDC

The temp i see all the time (and building towards myself) is:

Folded steel reading glasses (15%DCI) 20/10/10/10/10
Armour of fortune (15%DCI 40%LRC)
Crystaling ring(20%SDI cap for pvp is 10-15%, HPR 5 MR2 +20 Magery +20 Focus)
Orny (20% Lrc 10% LMC 3/2casting)
Inquis (3FCR 8%lmc)
Spell channel mage weap (pref no pen and -20 magery with as much DCI as you can get)

And then you need to get 40%lrc 12%LMC (using the totem of void) and your looking at about 50-60 in the resists from runic armor.

Edit: of course this is a very expensive set up but it allows yo to get 50% DCI with use of the quiver, max casting, SDI, Lmc and whatever MR you can build on pieces, and allows you to chug pots (very useful) as you wont be using a shield of anykind (unless you got a SC with pen weap then you can switch in the arcane shield for the casting and boost to DCI) also once you added a crimson into the fray you base at 9Hpr (5from ring 2crimmy and 2tali)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It dosen't have to be that expencive :)
There is a new spellbook in town, with 10 DCI on it, from those nasty generals. With one of those you could build a suit like this.

HOL/violet 15 dci
Spell book 10 dci
Quiver 5 dci
Folded 15 dci
ring xx dci

The cool thing about this new wonder book is that it also has 2 fcr, and some lmc on it + 20++ SDI. So getting a ring with +1 fcr + dci + EP should't be that hard. Does limit you to use wrestling, but hey wrestling is cool, well atleast i like using it for pvp :)

C

Chiera

another cheap replacement if you can't get hold of the glasses, would be the bunny hat aka ancient samurai helm. Has 15dci, lacks the stat bonus and has imho a slightly more useful resist distribution (depends on the rest of your pieces ofc), never breaks and comes blessed. But be warned, it looks real silly....

C

Chaosy

another cheap replacement if you can't get hold of the glasses, would be the bunny hat aka ancient samurai helm. Has 15dci, lacks the stat bonus and has imho a slightly more useful resist distribution (depends on the rest of your pieces ofc), never breaks and comes blessed. But be warned, it looks real silly....
You can think of it this way:

At least it's not a helm of swiftness! :D

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a pretty good suggestion. It would depend on what race you are as well, since I did not see that any where. Some of the good stuff you could use for DCI is elf only. The discussed helm doesn't look great on elves in my opinion, if you are one. Additionally there is the resilient bracer which gives +10 DCI as well as some physical resist. Only reason I suggest that is if you are still having trouble figuring out where you want to fit in all the DCI.

You could use the Inquisitor's Resolution which has FCR 3 and then use a good 1/3 ring. That would give you your cap for FCR. Just fill in the other faster casting 1 that you would want, and you're set.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the idea, of an discount-bunny-looking-necro-mage running around, chasing people..hehe

C

Chiera

hehe... and you could always hope the foe is so intrigued just by your looks that he's unable to act at all. Something like a 'stun by appearance' move ;)