• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Poison Pet

Neton

Journeyman
taming naj is pain in the xxx. the entire northern valley of edon is filled with hostile creatures. any suggestion?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I feel your pain...it took me a few attempts...I am a mage tamer and I would run in there, target one..run back..invis....run back in..target it to get it to chase me...run back out..invis...rinse and repeat....you'll get one eventually :/

I haven't used Honor Taming in awhile...but I THINK you can honor yourself and then just go in and target a naj to get it to chase you without everything else chasing you as well....that is..if you have honor

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You need to build honor. Dont need to be a knight of honor either. You can run in there with a peacer or careful/fast invisis, locate the 2 slot one Naj, you can try luring him away from spawn, then one more peace or invisi, then HONOR self. Works every time. Unless you like grey robes OOooooo.. I have collected a few in there..lol..

Neton

Journeyman
i guess i will use honor taming. it would be challenging to look for the "perfect" 2 slots and successfully taming it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teaches you how to sort the mobs. Do it a lot and you can pick a specific thing out of a crowd and drag it away.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teaches you how to sort the mobs. Do it a lot and you can pick a specific thing out of a crowd and drag it away.
This. It's much less time consuming than honor. Here's a simple tutorial:
Be mounted of flying (if garg). You see the mob that you like among the group of the ones that you don't like. Move to a place where they can all aggro you. They will not all aggro you at the same time. So you wait for one of them to aggro you and immediately run away. If you got aggroed by the mob you don't want, you drag them somewhere away, invis and run back to the group. If you get aggroed by the mob that you like, run to an empty area convenient for taming.
Usually it takes a few tries and you either drag the bad away from the good, or the good away from the bad.

Last edited:

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If I want to pick something out a crowd, Magic Arrow is my go to. By the time you've successfully dragged the mob away to a relatively safe place, it'll be calm enough to tame. Usually.

Neton

Journeyman
Rune Beetle poison can go beyond legendary. would it be better in terms of poisoning than Naj? especially with the upcoming pub100

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rune Beetle poison can go beyond legendary. would it be better in terms of poisoning than Naj? especially with the upcoming pub100
No. Poison still only has 5 levels. Najasaurus trained to GM Poisoning, and Rune Beetles with GM+ Poison will inflict DP-Lethal. Rune Beetles can't have any extra abilities added to them anyways, while the Najasarus starts off as almost a blank slate in terms of Abilities (asides from Poisoning). Najasaurus is by far the best Poison pet. They're seriously overstatted for 2 slots. Frenzied WW+Poison Breath Najasaurus is the highest AoE pet that i've tested so far.

Neton

Journeyman
No. Poison still only has 5 levels. Najasaurus trained to GM Poisoning, and Rune Beetles with GM+ Poison will inflict DP-Lethal. Rune Beetles can't have any extra abilities added to them anyways, while the Najasarus starts off as almost a blank slate in terms of Abilities (asides from Poisoning). Najasaurus is by far the best Poison pet. They're seriously overstatted for 2 slots. Frenzied WW+Poison Breath Najasaurus is the highest AoE pet that i've tested so far.
Would it be wise to have 2 AOE, both frenzied ww and poison breath on the same naj?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would it be wise to have 2 AOE, both frenzied ww and poison breath on the same naj?
Mine has both. Does a lot of AoE damage. I usually test AoE damage potential out at the Dragon Turtle Champ. Even Lvl 1 of that spawn has a crapload of high health mobs.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Problem with FzWW is the 5001 points. The benefit is massive damage for both single and also multiple targets. (If you add the little damages to single target with it youll see that it amounts to a lot of total damage also) Check it in the TC1though first..