• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Best/Most Important Bow Mods?

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This question is directed mainly to the Archers. What do you see as the most important mods to have on a Bow?

With the "right" other mods, can a need for slayer mod be eliminated or is it always best to have slayer mod? If slayer mod is always best, what other mods are almost always best to go with the slayer mod.

All these questions are for PvM.

Lastly, how many Bows do you usually carry at the same time and do you always carry Bolts and Arrows?

C

Connor_Graham

For PvM-

DI (if needed)
SSI 30+
HML
HSL
Slayer/Hit Spell/HLD as needed

J

[JD]

Depends what the purpose of the bow and configuration of your toon is. Is your toon an ABC archer, stealther, bardic archer? Are you gonna be PVPing, PVMing, spawning, peerless..etc

My archer is a stealther (and I have a sampire I change this bow with) so The composite bow I use to kill a champ boss, and to PVP with is:

Balanced – lets me chug pots and throw ninja stars while wielding bow
DI – only cause I don’t yet have wood armor with DI, or I would have left this off
Mana Leech 30 – needed to use weapon specials, woulda gone with more but the SSI lowered it
Swing Speed 40 – it’s an enhanced, imbued composite and the SSI is needed to bring me nearer to swing cap.
Hit Fireball – mage interruption and a little extra damage

I don’t yet need stamina leech because I don’t really take hits or that would have taken the place of the DI.

Now the bow I want to have made to clear a spawn would look more like:

Magical Shortbow

SSI 20 (Don’t need much more to get 1.25 shot speed on a magical short)
Hit area 50
Mana leech – For specials and so I always have mana to smokebomb if I get surrounded and it’s ugly.
Stamina Leech – in case I get surrounded, take hits, and lose stamina, to keep me at swing cap
Balanced to drink pots, or maybe even hit Life Leech (would have to test to see which would be better)

The idea here is the Hit Area at the 1.25 swing cap is gonna kill everything but the actual monster you’re attacking. All that is needed is for you to be able to machine gun stuff down with lots of hit area. Don’t have to actually do good damage with the bow itself. The hit area will do the work.

So anyway, what you’re asking can’t really be answered until you tell us the type of archer you are and what you want to use the bow for.

I carry 6-7 bows and they are all for a different application.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
My abc archer carries 4-8 bows/xbows and 2 quivers usually one with bolts and one with arrows!