• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best monster to train pets on?

S

ShaunOfPac

I want to train my greater drags and dread warhorse, what iis the best overall monster to train them on? Preferably in a lower danger area. Elder Gazers seem to suck.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shadow Iron Elementals rock on training pets on, pets do no damage to the ele and the ele does slight damage so maybe a heal on pets every 5 min or so.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These do not train resists and can be a little slow on magery but since all you have to do is stand back and vet every once in a while they are by far the best way to train Non Magery Spells.

And if you pet isnt the target of the Ele then you dont even have to vet just stand there and watch.

Magic Resist, I know this was not intended but you can have you pet stand there and take spells being cast on them by anyone and not fight back just use the "stop" Command and then "Stay" Command. (Spellbinders?????)

After they are fairly well trained take them out and fight Demons, Sucubi, Ballies and they will gain their magic spells fairly quickley.

Cus have healing and after they hit 80 healing you have to use Rotting Corpses for them to get gains.
:thumbup1:

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Managed to get my dragons and warhorses magery to gm in less then 5 hours with shadow ele myself.

S

ShaunOfPac

Where do shadow Ele's spawn other than with vanguard controller?

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres one near the entance in the yamatso mines, but easiest just to mine one up.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like hunting greater dragons, rune beetles, and poison eles with my greater dragon to raise its skills. Haven't done much yet on training a dread warhorse, but would imagine regular dragons, demons, poison eles, blood eles would work well. You could also kill spynx with either type of pet.

L

Llams Anit

I like hunting greater dragons, rune beetles, and poison eles with my greater dragon to raise its skills. Haven't done much yet on training a dread warhorse, but would imagine regular dragons, demons, poison eles, blood eles would work well. You could also kill spynx with either type of pet.
I find this post amusing because of this

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh very sharp! Yes, four of my 21 tamers now own dread warhorses. One was a gift from Poo and the other three were terribly unhappy castoffs I found by the zoo. They are still untrained however and for all I know, they could just be a waste of stable space, especially the castoffs.

If you want to help with their training, just give me a shout. You bring yours and I'll bring mine. We can see which one generates the biggest clould of smoke. I thought the smoke clould might be especially fun to use with my stealth tamer/herder/tracker. She's a bit of a troublemaker.

L

Llams Anit

Ahhh very sharp! Yes, four of my 21 tamers now own dread warhorses. One was a gift from Poo and the other three were terribly unhappy castoffs I found by the zoo. They are still untrained however and for all I know, they could just be a waste of stable space, especially the castoffs.

If you want to help with their training, just give me a shout. You bring yours and I'll bring mine. We can see which one generates the biggest clould of smoke. I thought the smoke clould might be especially fun to use with my stealth tamer/herder/tracker. She's a bit of a troublemaker.
Interesting 21 Tamers and 4 are "prestige tamers"? And with creating 21 Tamers not 2 not 1 but 21 Tamers you don't know if they are "a waste of stable space"?

As far as your offer to me to help with their training no thank-you I am not a " prestige tamer" so I do not have one nor do I want one.I am sure someone in your many Guilds may want to train with you.Or maybe even La Minatore ( LOL ) may want to train with you.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting 21 Tamers and 4 are "prestige tamers"? And with creating 21 Tamers not 2 not 1 but 21 Tamers you don't know if they are "a waste of stable space"?

As far as your offer to me to help with their training no thank-you I am not a " prestige tamer" so I do not have one nor do I want one.I am sure someone in your many Guilds may want to train with you.Or maybe even La Minatore ( LOL ) may want to train with you.
I guess I can't tell you if any of them are "prestige tamers" until you define the term. And you don't have to own one to help with its training. Just go hunting with me. Bring your pet.

I believe La Minatore is a miner. And she seems to like Prince Caspian, or his writing. I doubt she has the time or the inclination to train pets. She's probably too busy trying to find Prince Caspian.

S

SilentFoxXy

To get your own Shad Elley, take 1 Miner, One Prospectors tool, and One gargoyle Pickaxe.

Locate 1 vein of ore, Prospect it , raises it to Dull Copper, then use your Gargoyles pickaxe, ups the ore to Shadow, and gives you the 'Good' chance of summoning a Shad Elley ..(For the non miner, or non user of Gargoyles, they 1;) Up the ore one level, and 2:) Give you the chance of summoning that specific Ore elemental.

Then simply lure the Elley to your house, or, just stand and train away.....

Quite handy, if you have stood there for many hours and have to pop out, recall out, and 99/100 the Shaddie will still be exactly where you left him.

Im kinda lucky I live on the town gates in Zento, and @ 100 yrds from the mountain, I get my miner, get one dug, jump on beetle, leg it home with shad in pursuit, then switch and train my pets.....Its even possible to get the shad into your lounge and stay there ....quite handy....;)

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is how I train my pets (Cu has special needs at the end)

1) I go to haven to the east side to the undeads, I tell the pet to stay at some spot. I start luring Spectral Soulbinders to it. For Casting pets and ... Leapers this is something you just need to practice at. Invis/hide, tell the pet to attack then immeadiatly do not hesitate tell it to follow you. The Spectral will come and start casting on the pet.

With 5 to 6 spectrals on a GD, it maxed out Resist spells in under 4 hours.

2) For the Physical skills, I lure the Shadow Elemental in the Yamato mines to near the entrance peacing off the mobs in between. I exit, go get the Pet to train and bring him inside. Tell him to attack. I then set up a Vet routine and monitor the gains. On occasion I notice that Tactics and / or Anatomy may get stuck. In that event I go to the Ogre Lord level in despise and focus on the Ogre Lords. With a Greater Dragon I will go to the Ogre Lord Island That tends to unstick / cap those two quickly enough.

3) For Meditation, the Shadow normaly gets my pets caped at 100.

4) For Magery and EvalInt I tend to settle in for a very long session(s) with the Shadow or just let thosw two work themselves out over time. Normally they are quite high by the time the other skills are at max anyway.

5) For the Cu, after it hits 90.0 in Healing it really is the Rotting Corpse training. I lure one off to a rather safe spot and let it attack the Cu. I maintain an eye on the Cu and vet as required.

I get the RC's from the Outside North Wall of Luna

L

Llams Anit

I guess I can't tell you if any of them are "prestige tamers" until you define the term. And you don't have to own one to help with its training. Just go hunting with me. Bring your pet.

I believe La Minatore is a miner. And she seems to like Prince Caspian, or his writing. I doubt she has the time or the inclination to train pets. She's probably too busy trying to find Prince Caspian.

I used the words prestige tamers in quotations to show them as your words so once again without further ado

So it seems you have defined the term " prestige tamers " not me and I guess it is safe to say you have 4 " prestige tamers " out of 21.Owning 4 of those pets you ( now pay attention here okay I am going to use these again " " to signify that they are your words ) " counldn't care less " about and not knowing if they are a waste of stable space. I have no desire to spend my online gaming time with you but that's just me , other may find you amusing and fun to be with and that is a good thing.

You believe La Minatore is a miner? You don't know if " she " is a miner, but yet you believe she doesn't have the inclination to train pets. Interesting you seem to know things about people you don't know. You know?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, seems you've "owned" me again. Lord knows what I had in mind when I used the term "prestige tamer." I do remember being rather peevish at the time all that was going on.

"La" is the feminine article in Italian, so I assume "La Minatore" is female.

Speaking of being peevish.........since it seems you're rather peevish yourself, you sure you don't want company? I'm sure I can manage to get on your nerves even quicker in-game than I've managed to do this morning by posting on the forums. We could even go to Fel and you could try alleviating your peevishness by killing my tamer and then dry looting her stuff and spreading her junk on the ground, commenting the whole time. Or maybe we can take archers or dexxers. Oh, I know! Let's take mages. I'm terrible at playing a mage, especially for PvP. You'd cut me down in mere nano-seconds, I'm sure. Or we can just keep sparring on the boards, with you digging up old posts and trying to humiliate me.

Pick your poison, my dear. I'm sure you'll go the forum route though, because the audience is so much larger and that seems to be what you want. Humiliation for the win!! Rah rah.