• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Metal / Runic to create 100% Poison weapon

A

anvira

Any thoughts? Trying to create a 100% Poison damage weapon and was wondering if there were any tricks to help it along.

Thanks!!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If I remember correctly you are better off finding a weapon with 100% in loot!

verite gives 40 poison and 20 energy but i think it applies the energy first! there is a list of the order somewhere!

copper gives 10 poison and 20 energy

as for runics I would not waste one just trying to get 100 poison
maybe someone else has a good way to do it !

A

anvira

Thanks! Appreciate that, will look around to see if I can find one for sale :*)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any thoughts? Trying to create a 100% Poison damage weapon and was wondering if there were any tricks to help it along.

Thanks!!
Not sure what kind of weapon, but for metal I use a dull copper hammer and that sometimes gives 100%. I have been training up imbuing and burn through the hammer for skill gains. I save off all the 14-15% DCI or HCI and 100% damage modifier weapons. I suspect you could do the same with bows. I suspect maybe every 10 hammers you will get a 100% weapon, but maybe fewer.

I would only use this method if you are training imbuing, but it seems almost anyone could unravel the ones you don't want so you may not loose anything and could sell the residue. I just hord it though.

-Lorax

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think the metal matters. None of the metals will give you 100% poison, so the only way to get it is from a random damage distribution roll using a runic tool. You can craft one with iron from any runic hammer. You might get it on your first try, or your 1 millionth. Personally, I think your best bet is to find one for sale. I happened to make a 100% energy weapon last night, but that was the only one I can remember ever making and no 100% poison weapons to my recollection.

Good luck!

-OBSIDIAN-

K

Kallie Pigeon

I was just buring a shadow runic and got a 100% poison weapon. I have made a few over the years doing numerous dull copper/shadow/copper/bronze runincs. But I would guess that an equal number of valorite runics would yeild a much higher amount of 100% intensity weapons.:lol:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Kallie -

Elemental Damage spread is considered to be a 100% intensity property, whether it is 10% cold, 90% physical, or 100% poison, or 20% in all 5.

your chance of getting a 100% weapon doesn't improve from using a better hammer, other than from more shots from the hammer per item, and a Shadow hammer rolls 45 x 2 properties = 90, while a Valorite hammer rolls 15 x 5 = only 75 properties.

And, I'm not sure how it even works as a rolled property anymore, after the changes (didn't they make it to where it counts as 0 properties, if rolled, so an item made with a shadow hammer could have 2 properties plus elemental damage?)

K

Kallie Pigeon

Kallie -

Elemental Damage spread is considered to be a 100% intensity property, whether it is 10% cold, 90% physical, or 100% poison, or 20% in all 5.

your chance of getting a 100% weapon doesn't improve from using a better hammer, other than from more shots from the hammer per item, and a Shadow hammer rolls 45 x 2 properties = 90, while a Valorite hammer rolls 15 x 5 = only 75 properties.

And, I'm not sure how it even works as a rolled property anymore, after the changes (didn't they make it to where it counts as 0 properties, if rolled, so an item made with a shadow hammer could have 2 properties plus elemental damage?)
Ahh ok then my mistake. (I was just being silly actually) The best to use is the Dull copper runic because it has the most charges.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kallie -

Hi there,

the last changes was that elemental damage don't count property wise.
Meaning that if you roll elemental dagame you will get one more property roll.
In that case you will get the elemental damage for free ,no use of property.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can the runic craftet 100% Weapon imbued ??
Intersted at an 100% Weapon for 1vs1 white my nekro dexxer :)

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Made this nice wee club from an ash saw recently.

Exceptional
DCI 6%
Damage Increase 40%
Poison Resist 10%
Poison Damage 100%

I just need to find something appropriate to bash with it now.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iv made loads of 100% elemental wepons from burning dull and shadow runics with iron ingots and the most common seems to be poison so if you have the gold to buy the hammers (usually 5-10k per on my shard) or the bods for them.

Iv managed to make an elemental set of every wepon type i use plus more i save for later dates.

Plus you can smelt or unravel them to get resources back.

If your on altantic PM me what wepon it is you need and i might just have it as i have over 350 100% elemental wepons saved :)

Thunderz

Aragoni

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah cool then i got buy shadow runics a lot of it and make hammer pics and hopfe for often rocking rools :)