• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Lady Mel pet combo?

• Thread starter Turdnugget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Turdnugget

What would be the better combo of the two and why?

Two GD's
One GD, One Cu sidhe

Necro tamer is present as well.

M

MoneyMaker

The best combo we have found so far is........

Of course one cu sidhe (mainly for a damage absorber, due to its healing abilities, coupled with greater heals)

and here comes the part thats gonna cause the debate.....

A bake kitsune (as close to gm as possible, for magery, wrestling, and its special fury attack)
A Rune Beetle ( at least 120 poisoning, and a high wrestling/ for its ability to poison pretty consistently, high magery helps but is for only the ocassion self heal as they run outa mana rather quickly especially when doing peerless.)

Or............

You can go for the normal Greater Dragon (not that good for damage absorbtion with mid and low hp, and if low on wrestling skill (below 110) then your in for a very long kill)

The Bake/Rune beetle combo does as much damage as a Greater Dragon with the addition of poisoning and fury attacks (lowers
certain resists). Not recommended without the use of a cu sidhe as a damage absorber, due to the low hp on both the beetle and the bake.
Hope this helps, and yes, i have tried this combo many, many times with great success and dealt just as much damage as the guys using a greater.

Z

Zodiac19

The only problem with using a CU is it will be hitting two of Mel's higher resists, cold and enegry. Really think you are better off with a pair of GD's and it makes things go fairly quick if you have a necro doing corps skin. The only problem with the whole beetle/bake combo is when mel switches tgts. Me and my guild have tried most pet combos and really only use GD's now.

R

RichDC

One GD and Beetle bake,

Gd to tank and with the necro corpsing the Firebreath will do silly damage,

Then the beetle bake...WITHOUT QUESTION! will do more damage than a GD EVERY TIME!!!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One GD and Beetle bake,

Gd to tank and with the necro corpsing the Firebreath will do silly damage,

Then the beetle bake...WITHOUT QUESTION! will do more damage than a GD EVERY TIME!!!
^ That.

Except without the corpse skin. The dragon hits with physical damage a lot more often than fire damage, so why would you want to give Mel more physical resist? On the other hand, it is fun to see armor corroded, corpse skinned Mel get fire breathed.

And if you have the time to cast fireballs (typically you will, ever once in a while there's a super-lucky-Mel where all you can do is heal). Then corpse skin may be a good idea after all.

If there is so much as one other dragon at Mel, I always bring my beetle/nightmare combo (my new bake isn't fully trained yet). The damage output is insane.

T

Turdnugget

Hmmm... i've thought about the beetle bake combo because i've used it before and have seen the amount of damage they can do.

One tamer is going to be busy throwing purple pots so I'm just looking for something that isn't needed to be healed every second.

How hard does Mel hit physical wise? So with a GD tanking with near cap phys resist.. how often would it have to be healed?

R

RichDC

At the start a fair amount, if the necros doing his job(wraith form constantly Flamestriking and corpseing) her mana will drop fast and shouldnt need much healing at all!!

A HUGE damage combo(im gna get a flame i can feel it!) is 2firesteeds, but they have such low cold resist that one for 2 withers from mel and there toast.

T

Turdnugget

What would be a better combo...

Two GD's or one discorder healing the GD with an archer plinking away at Lady Mel with Lightning Strike?

Dunno what kinda difference it'd make if she's discorded.

Whether two greater dragons would kill her faster, or the discord/tamer+archer combo.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another vote for the GD tank and then a bug/bake or bug/mare combo. As Farsight mentioned, the damage output is insane, and you can pull the bug/bake off to quickly dispatch the dryad that spawns towards the end. Two tamers with good pets can do Mel very quickly.

K

Kazumi the Wild

I've heard tell that discordance has a chance of partially ignoring a successful discord attempt, providing only a 1% decrease in skills/resists rather than the skill-based decrease.

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 of us can solo it easy with 2 gd's. The problem is, her swithching targets. If she targets the bake, its not going to be easy to keep alive.