• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best in slot Bard suit.

P

Proteq

Havent seen any threads of what would make the best pvm bard suit. what are the best possible items in each slot for a bard?

P

Proteq

Like the BEST suit possible for a 4xbard rolling mastery's can have.. if i gave someone who been playing bards forever 100billion gold what suit would you come up with. not just 100% lrc with 40lmc no BEST IN SLOT ITEMS. cant really find this info anywhere.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the best bard suit.

actually its really easy.
i imbue up suits all the time for my guys.
and they are cheap cheap.

basically i go into shame and farm up stuff to melt down into relics.
then roll those into making the suit.

but for the suit ya just need to imbue up a 100 LRC suit with 40 LMC and 2 MR on each piece.
then sink the rest into resists to give ya 70 across the board.

then once your done that ya have to decide what your gonna do with your ring and watch and what is in your hands.

personally i go one of two routes for this.
either i imbue up a nice FC/FCR set with SDI and +magery.
then i equip a nice SC mage weapon to use.
the repeater fully spec'd out is nice and a distance weapon to boot.

the 2nd choice is to do the same but to since the baubles into SDI and then the mage book into SDI as well (like a General Invasion book or a scrappers) and then a nice shield to match it all up.

so basically you are left to decide if you want the SDI to drop bombs or the +mage to use a mage weapon.

and look into a pack of Vollems.
specially if your 'team' includes a tamer, cause he can res them for ya.
and they are just like having 2 more nightmares in your party.
they deal nice damage and are spell casters.

every one of my bards carries 2 of them.
wouldn't trade them for all the money in game.

hope that helps ya?

oh, a couple pieces that i commonly use in my suits;
  1. runebeatle carapace
  2. hat of the kaja
  3. a nice robe like the conj or condemned one, something with some spice to it
cheers!

Poo

P

Proteq

hat of the kaja???
did u mean to write hat of the magi?

and thanks for your help.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yup yup!

it has nice resists and has high SDI on it.

and its cheap.

usually in around 500k give or take a couple k

if you can imbue 11 or 12 SDI on your ring and watch and then have 12 on your hat that gets ya to 36'ish then you get a nice 30 SDI spellbook and your nice and high for PVM.

P

Proteq

mhmm.. i was looking more so for like the best arties for each slot and such. i also figured that mr and mi would be more important. is the sdi more for solo? guess im looking for 2 suits then lol 1 for a group and 2 for solo. thanks for all your help you guys r awsome

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the suit is dependent on what skills exactly you have!
example 1
music 120
provo 120
peace 120
disco 120
magery 120
eval 120

now this template is ok except 1 thing you have no regen therefor you would want as much regen int/mana increase items as possible

example 2
120 music
120 disco
120 provo
120 magery
120 eval
120 med

now with this suit sdi/ and other mods maybe

you either build the suit around the skills or you build the skills around the suit or a combination of the 2

so its real hard to say USE this or USE that!

and play style can influence all this to

hope that made sense (almost confused myself)

P

Proteq

lol sorry hah.

right now im rocken

music
prov
disco
peace
med
mage
ei

im still playing with it, might knock off peace might not idk. since that i found out that you cant have more then one mastery active :( kinda ruin my hopes for a pure support bard. so i might be movn some stuff around.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
with the additions on the upcoming publish you will be able to switch masteries with a 10 minute wait between switching.

and why would you need arties when you can make stuff that is 10 x better?

ill pick my custom imbued suit every day over a suit made with arties.
and pretty much all arties have crap resists, so making a suit around them sucks.

have a look for a post that is up on the main bard board about the turn in bard suit that was imbued and added onto.
that is how ya make a bard suit.

with your reliance on arties you sound like your a old returning player who hasnt been converted (or perverted) to the new imbuing system.

come to the dark side.
we have cookies!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Take the virtuoso suit and add LMC,LRC, and mana regen or mana increase etc and you have a nice suit just remember one of the pieces needs mage armor on it!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this thread here explains it pretty well
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-bard/258719-question-newbie-set-virtuosos-armor-|-bard-mastery.html

Virtuoso armor effect bumps the bard mastery bonus (Skill) not the bard mastery abilities.

The mastery bonus increases the success chance of all bard skill attempts by 5% with an additional 5%(10% total) in the skill coinciding with your mastery.

So with the virtuoso effect active it would be a 10/20% bump instead of 5/10%.

So the way the abilities work, you get the most effectiveness out of the abilities by investing in musicianship and the associated bard mastery skill. The other two bard skills provide some bonuses to the effectiveness if they are GM or above, in addition to reducing the upkeep cost.

Maximum effectiveness for any bard ability would be a 4x 120 Bard.
I believe 120 Peace/Music Gives 16 to all regens when using Resilience.
120 Provo OR 120 will bump that to 19 in each regen.
120 in BOTH provo and discord will bump that to 22 in each regen.

Bard Mastery Abilities are scaled by true skill. Bard Mastery BONUS is scaled by current skill. (So if you have GM peacing you could use jewelry to get to 120 and get the bonus yo using the skill as if you had true 120 skill, but your abilities would only factor your real skill.)