• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Best GP's with Peacemaking?

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all. I'm pretty new to UO and just started playing about 3 weeks ago (actually, I played for years but stopped at about the time T2A was introduced). I have a Bard type character that I've been making some good gold with him but I'm wondering if my take can be better, without changing my template... because I rather enjoy my current template. I've been farming Gargoyles in Ilshenar for about 25-30k every 25-ish minutes by selling the gems to the gypsies 2 screens away.

Goal/Current
120/102.8 Peacemaking
GM/GM Music
GM/94.1 Swords
GM/90.7 Tactics
90/78.9 Healing
90/96.8 Anatomy
GM/90 Alchemy

I'm using a total of +50% Potion Enhancements, 600 luck, demon slayer instruments, and a gargoyle slaying sword.

I know a lot of you would recommend a template change, but I enjoy this one quite a bit.. it's low key and easy to play. I often need to step away from the computer at short notice.

Thanks a lot!

5% Luck

Before I give any advise.

What are you doing with alchemy? Just the enhance pots or are you grinding out in the field?

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ranged attacks.. explosion and conflagration potions. Heals, cures and refreshes to enhance the healing. And strength and agility potions for buffs. With the the 50% enhancements these all seem pretty effective. Then I grind more as I come across reagents on the field. Recently I've also started making invisibility potions.

Mostly, I like alchemy and find it fun to play with.

5% Luck

Well i belive 50% EP is the current cap and there are ercu citrine rings that have 50% EP on them(one item no skill). If you invest(expensive) in one you might beable to have the same effect as you do now. That could free up the skill.IDK though as you seem to realy like it.

Anything in tokono has great GP drop rate! Just about every mid lvl creature there has over 1k gold. It is a very nice place to hunt.

I used to run a stealthung ninja alchemist before the cap change. I was sitting at 115% EP and would stealth into a champ spawn and wait till some one summonsed the champ. Then Id toss3-4 GE pots on the champ smokebomb then stealthaway for scrolls. It worked great up untill the new cap ws put in place. Now it takes me about 8-10 GE pots and that takes too long and I end up as pk fodder.

Now if you are target peacing you might want to take the peace to the next level(120/120). If you can simple keep a target peaced(check the hunters guide) 100% you can make alot of gold on the hyruis spawns(115.7). These guys drop quite near 2 k but have massive fire resist so you will need a cold based attack.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

What I've been doing lately is hunting a lot in Ilshenar. The "Gargoyle Alley" gets me around 25-30k in 20-25 minutes after selling the gems I collect, 2 screens west. Plus I get buttloads of gargoyle pickaxes for my crafter.

The past couple of days I've been hunting Juka's... the fortress makes it easy with Peacemaking and Explosion potions.. I can peace a Juka in a doorway and let more build up behind him... then toss a few explosion potions and a conflagration potion and kill them all at once. :) Unless I get a Paragon or a load of Juka Mages all together I can take out 3-4 in about 8 seconds. The Paragon's are tough. A Paragon Golem kicked my butt big time. I took a couple Paragon Juka Warriors though and walked away with another Blaze of Death halberd. Wo0t!

5% Luck

Other options would be to focus on the fact that you are doing fire damage almost solely. I would say you might try out the arctic ogerlords white wevryn and ice feinds. Im sure theres an arctic ogerlord in the snow paths south of commpassion in ish but the rest of these can only be found in the ice dungeon. Even just running amok in ice with some canflag pots could turn the tide in your gold production. Its not the drop per kill its the sheer amount of low fire rsist mobs in that place.

GL!

S

Sarphus

That's a really interesting template and it looks to be very powerful. I wouldn't necessarily drop alchemy from it. you may want to consider increasing alchemy to GM, which would take your conflag pots to their next damage threshold and take your explosion pots up 2 thresholds.

Alchemy does with potions something similar to what eval int does with magery. A greater explosion potion does 30-60 damage with 0 alchemy and 50 EP. The same pot does 60-90 with 100 alchemy. A greater conflag pot does 6-12 damage with 50 EP 0 alchemy. Same potion does 18-24 with GM alchemy. The downside to alchemy is that all your damage is fire-based.

What you have with that template is the ability to freeze targets in place and then bomb their pants off. I suggest the template would serve that goal even better if it had provoke instead of peace and it would serve that goal even better if it had magery or necro instead of dexer stuff (AoE attacks).

Basically, your template fights with itself. You have potions that work best from range and swords which only works when you're right on top of stuff. I haven't tried a conflag on a provoked pair of targets, but I suspect they will try to crawl out from under the flames. Even so, there's potential to burn anything up that has low fire resist.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got my Alchemists Bauble and my Ecru Citrine Ring now. :D Lovin' the Explosion and Conflagration Potions. I either area or target peace, then toss a Conflag and a small barrage of Explo's... most things die rather quickly. According to Stratics my Conflags are doing 21-28 while my explosions are doing 72-108.

I am thinking of finally biting the bullet and swapping in Provo/Discord though. Dropping swords, tactics, healing and anatomy in exchange for magery, meditation, discord and provo. Healing with pots and magery. Damage with pots and magery.

110 Peacemaking
GM Music
GM Magery
70 Meditation
110 Provocation
110 Discord
GM Alchemy

(110's because they are waaaay cheaper than 120's. Maybe eventually try for a 120 in Provo I guess.)

F

Fink

I thought the EP cap from items was now 60%?

Wasn't it just the Ecru ring that was nerfed to 50%? I remember thinking at the time I'd need my ring plus treatise talisman (or alternately, a bauble/bracelet)

*edit* don't forget Confusion Blast, has a peacemaking type area effect, good for between skill delays or for a critical getaway.