• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Farming Spot

K

kaylun

ok guys im on baja so I wont be competing with you lol. Where is the best farming spot considering safety and loot. I will be using a half way descent GD . For example a safe farming spot is shame in the elder gazer rooms. very safe wimpy loot though. Anyone know a relatively good spot to farm say Balrons thats half way easy not ishenar im not interested in paragons. Hythloth suks because theres like 10 gargoyles on the fast spawn and they open up doors for the balron and make thing generaly chaotic? doesnt have to be balrons anything real high level. Im trying to stock up on stuff to disassemble for imbuing.

M

MoneyMaker

Well, I don't promote farming, but I will give you a few spots that are good for the solo tamer.
1. Oni on the point near kitsune woods. spawns alone and a bit of distance to other monsters.
2. Balron in the lower level of the fan dancer dungeon. its all the way at the bottom, all the way at the back end of passage.
3. Succubus. same as the balron, but it is right at the entrance to the lowest level, and another at the back end of the second level.
4. Rune beetles. Yamadon point. just lead the yamadon away and kill away. there is only 2 that spawn there.

O

Old Man of UO

All four of Moneymakers. The fastest by far for me is taking a cu sidhe to fan dancer and letting my dog chew on the succubi, while working on discord gains. I can kill over 100 an hour with 1000+ gold drop on each. The Oni is a close second, a little longer to kill but weapon and jewelry drops are better.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok guys im on baja so I wont be competing with you lol. Where is the best farming spot considering safety and loot. I will be using a half way descent GD . For example a safe farming spot is shame in the elder gazer rooms. very safe wimpy loot though. Anyone know a relatively good spot to farm say Balrons thats half way easy not ishenar im not interested in paragons. Hythloth suks because theres like 10 gargoyles on the fast spawn and they open up doors for the balron and make thing generaly chaotic? doesnt have to be balrons anything real high level. Im trying to stock up on stuff to disassemble for imbuing.
I would say get 50 or so chiv and go farm Miasmas with your dragon. With a GD and Chiv you have no problems with miasmas, you can survive without chiv but its so much easier when the drago is mortaled to just remove curse and heal up again.

The trick is not to stand where the miasma spawns, but rather just down the corridor. Each time you kill the miasma you can safely loot restore dragon to full health then run up and lure the next one down.

Its really effective and you will probably find you get the best loot possible from that level of creature and it drops over 2k gold.

I've never really messed around with Sucub or Balrons tbh unless testing my dexer. As I understand it, the Miasma gives loot which is equal to or greater than any creature you can find, excluding peerless, Doom bosses and champs etc

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All four of Moneymakers. The fastest by far for me is taking a cu sidhe to fan dancer and letting my dog chew on the succubi, while working on discord gains. I can kill over 100 an hour with 1000+ gold drop on each. The Oni is a close second, a little longer to kill but weapon and jewelry drops are better.
Oni's drop allmost 2.000gold and are faster for me to kill then a succi. I go with a Mare & beetle on my peace tamer and the Onis die as mongbats.

Onis is your best bet if you ask me.

K

kaylun

Thank you guys for the info. Never could figure out why people dont like farming word every one farms it means to kill over and over again to make gold and items. I use said gold and items for myself im not a gold seller.

T

Turdnugget

If you were a seller, you'd be doing a different kind of farming =)

I doubt any gold farmers actually hunt monsters...

Onis are a good choice. W/good luck items, loot is pretty decent, and every so often you can score a nice item. Just make sure it always targets your pet or you're quick on the All Kill.

In a luck suit... they hit HARD physically, and cast pretty mean too.

K

kantoska

I find swoops have been really good for farming lately... Get my luck statue, put on a luck suit, and I pull some pretty decent loot. Disco helps a TON there though, haven't tried it w/out disco.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While your farming these higher end mosters, don't forget to work your honor and sacrifice virtues up at the same time. Never know when these two might come in handy.

U

uoBuoY

I agree with kantoska.
Swoop is UO's ATM!
With a good Rune/Kit (or GD but slower) and Disco, I am often looting 1 Swoop while another lies freshly killed and my pets are working on a third. Swoop practically inst-spawn and pose no danger to the tamer.

I can easily bank ~120k/hour, a lot of feathers and a lot of marties. Just have to loot carefully. The Swoop spawns some rare armor pieces that do not fall into your pack.

S

sayler04

I agree with kantoska.
Swoop is UO's ATM!
With a good Rune/Kit (or GD but slower) and Disco, I am often looting 1 Swoop while another lies freshly killed and my pets are working on a third. Swoop practically inst-spawn and pose no danger to the tamer.

I can easily bank ~120k/hour, a lot of feathers and a lot of marties. Just have to loot carefully. The Swoop spawns some rare armor pieces that do not fall into your pack.

OMG you're right! I just tried swoop for the first time today, with a totally untrained rune/kit pair, and I was up to about 10k in under 7 minutes with plenty of respectable loot. Plus, since my vet is in the 60s and u have to keep vetting, the gains are awesome! thank you!!

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try swoops with a CU and a chiv/bush/tamer archer...i can't loot fast enough. :danceb:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of the Tsuki Wolves Camps.

You probably want toi make sure yoiu have a Bag of Sending with you.

S

sayler04

Any of the Tsuki Wolves Camps.

You probably want toi make sure yoiu have a Bag of Sending with you.

I really like the Tsuki wolves too, but I recently tried a Cu over there and it wasnt the best. With a mage and a couple EVs, though, they fall faster than I can loot. One suggestion, have 2 runes for the tsukiwolves camp, for either side of it; if they gang up, recall to the other side and have at it. GReater range than teleporting too