• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best Damage type for UEV?

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The old Stratics says Physical damage, but the lowest resist is Poison. What is the preferred? What properties should be imbued? With EOO, it lists as an Air Elemental, so is that a better choice than Elemental?

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got some help from Khyro on this. First, though, I'm not a sampire, I'm a dragoon so things may be slightly different for you. Using a double bladed staff and armor ignore I'm bypassing the physical resist entirely so crafting elemental damage for the weapon doesn't matter. Unless I'm completely out of mana and not leeching any. I am also using air elemental slayer which does help a lot. With this weapon, enemy of one, and an honored target I can cut through the UEV by myself in just a minute or two.

I'm using this:
lance.PNG

Last edited:

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
3 leeches, hit lower defense, elemental slayer. Use air elemental slayer if you don’t have chivalry.

If you need damage increase you can ignore life leech since you’ll have vampiric embrace.

bladed staff with poison damage is most ideal. Some hits will end up being normal hits. Honestly not a huge difference if you are using bladed staff armor ignores.

Poison damage double axe if you have level 3 swords mastery and onslaught. Fastest way to kill is to have a bard use discordance while sampire uses poison damage double axe. Each double strike hit is about 100-125

(200-250 per double strike or about 180 if you use armor ignore and bladed staff)

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What skills are you using on your dragoon template? I tried to look up dragoon and am not seeing what it is. I see other threads mentioning people try dragoon but noone stating skills for it or I am over looking it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's my UEV Slayer Double Axe.
UEV Slayer.PNG

I'll use Onslaught and spam Double Strike while keeping Counter Attack ready. My Sampire uses a metal Blackthorn's variant of the Mace & Shield Glasses for 30% HLD. I'll also dual client my Disco/Tamer with a RC+AP Fire Beetle to debuff the UEV with Discord+RC+AP. Can slaughter UEVs within a minute. I like to farm them for Crystals of Shame and Void Orbs.

Jepeth

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
What skills are you using on your dragoon template? I tried to look up dragoon and am not seeing what it is. I see other threads mentioning people try dragoon but noone stating skills for it or I am over looking it.
Here is the good theory thread on the Dragoon build.

For my templates I am:
  • 120 Swords
  • 100 Tactics
  • 100 Anatomy
  • 100 Parry
  • 100 Chivalry
  • 100 Bushido
  • 100 Healing

The highlights of this build are I'm just a bit more tanky across a variety of situations. The dev team have built in more and more mobs which negate the Sampire build life leech. The Corgul, the Scalis, the event Paragons, etc etc. This is probably going to continue for awhile. If I find that I'm in a bind I can fire off Bushido evasion and get a bandage going. I can spam confidence over and over and keep health regenerating while I'm using a bandage while I'm also leeching life from the Hit Life Leech on my weapon.

For equipment and scrolls, 120 swords is not the most expensive or hardest scroll to come by but you do want real skill in it for the onslaught ability. 30% Hit Lower Defense Mace and Shield Glasses or Blackthorn Helmet are a must. A crimson cinture or Blackthorn equivalent are also a must. Again, though, these are not hard to come by. You and a small group can knock out the 150 or so artifacts to get those two items in just a few hours (or far less) if you know what you are doing.

Having a suit and jewelry combination which gives you over 180 stamina and 20 SSI to swing as fast as possible with a double axe is key. This is not a super tall order, though.

I can also play this template and character and not have to look like freaking vampire, which is welcome:
jepeth.PNG

Having said all this, I've -only- played the Dragoon. For RP reasons I cannot mix necromancy and chivalry on this toon. I'm sure the Sampire build has its benefits and shortcomings against the Dragoon build so please don't take my position as the end all. I also miss using a regular sword and a shield but Bushido and the whirlwind abilities via the axe are too good to give up.

Last edited: