• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Best character to use 120 bushido scroll

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a swords-dexxer with 115 bushido and a stealth archer who is working on bushido. If you could only take one to 120 bushido, which would you take to 120 and why? And if you would take the dexxer, would you drop 115 tactics to 110 or drop chiv from 78 to 73 (with jewels). The archer would not require any tough skill adjustment decisions.

R

Ravenspyre

Other than confidence healing, archery doesn't need to have high bushido. 100 for lightning strike spam is all you need. Dexers are the only ones that genuinely benefit from 120 bushido, and that can be debated.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would put the 120 bushido on the dexxer, and for the stealth archer I would rather have ninjitsu instead of bushido (for smoke bombs, animal form). If it was a straight up archer then I would have bushido instead of ninjitsu so that I could use honor, lightning strikes, evasion, and confidence (the dexxer can also use momentum strike if multiple targets are around). I would also drop the chiv to 73 before I dropped tacts to 110, that is unless your planning on going around holy lighting everything and rezzing people using noble sacrifice.

C

Connor_Graham

Dexers are the only ones that genuinely benefit from 120 bushido, and that can be debated.
This is incorrect, and there is no debating it.

At 100 Bushido, you have a 13% chance at a Critical Strike.

At 120 Bushido, you have a 20% chance at a Critical Strike.

Critical Strike applies to both melee and archery.

At 100 Bushido, it takes 10 steps to reach Perfection.

At 120 Bushido, it takes 9 steps to reach Perfection.

Perfection applies to both melee and archery.

120 Bushido heals more with Confidence than 100 Bushido does.

Confidence applies to both melee and archery.

I wouldn't have GM Bushido on my archer personally. The benefits of having 120 are more than justification for using the skill points.

To answer the OP-

Put it on the dexxer, then the archer later. You get better Parry chance with 120 Bushido than 100, plus everything I listed above, along with a few other bonuses.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the input. My first instinct was to put it on the dexxer. I absolutely love the 115 that he has now.