• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beltane Festival

• Thread starter Luna Rossa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Luna Rossa

Host: Valthunaer, King of the Pagans
Date: May 1st, 2009
Time: 7pm PT

Beltaine / Beltane (anglicized spelling) Festival: May 1st
Let us all gather for the annual Beltaine festival / honorary celebration, that both marks the traditional beginning of “summer” and a celebration in honor of the Celtic sun god Belenus. Belenus (aka Bel / Beli to the Welsh, Bile to the Irish and Belenus to the Gauls / Celts), is a Celtic sun god, associated with prophecy, summer and agriculture, he appears in various forms across the Celtic World.

Aspects of the traditional festival / celebration:
It is customary to light bonfires called the “fires of Bel” all across the countryside; these symbolize the rays of the sun and the promise of summer fruitfulness.

Legends say that even today, though they are very few in number and withdrawn fully into the “other world”, even the “fairies” (once gods themselves) venture forth from their hollowed hills to celebrate “Beltaine”.

In-Game RP events:
On Friday May 1st in Ultima Online (Pacific Shard): Start 7pm CT;
A Beltaine festival will be held at the “PAGAN Temple (Guild Hall)” consisting of a blessing ceremony, the lighting of “bonfires” across the lands and a “hunt”.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, wow! I will try to make it so I can do a report on it. If you PM me this info, I will post it as news also.. To help get it out more.

May I ask where the the Pagan Hall is at?

L

Luna Rossa

The Pagan Temple is located in the Malas. It is slightly southwest of Hanses Hostel at the location of 14o 15'N, 29o 10'W.

Gates will also be provided from New Haven bank from 6:30 pm PT to 6:45 pm PT.