• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Begging for help to log into Account management / Mythic

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Help! I have been trying for hours o get into my Mythic account. I haven't had to go to it to check on or pay for my accounts since January. I need to pop a prepaid on one of my accounts,

They were linked (2 of them) to the same email address.

This new Mythic log in system ...I can't log in. It makes me to go log in to my EA account but they aren't linked to my Mythic (I DUNNO!?) and when I try to click forgot password, it doesn't recognise any of my emails, even the one that was saved from before the new change.

This makes no sense and I know I will lose a house if I cant get in.

HELP!!!!!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You could try sending a message to Messana but it's unlikely she will be around on a Sunday, whether or not you get a reply is very hit and miss. The only other person who might be able to help is @AtlanticRealtor but I haven't seen him around much lately, he helped a guildmate when we had given up trying to get help from Messana and his shop was in jeaopardy.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oddly enough I did have a problem yesterday it took me a few attempts to get into my account. I thought it was just me and I had made a mistake, but 3 times in a row...recently the account pages have been up and down a few times, I will check again just now!
I just logged into my uo account management page with no trouble, so I have no idea what's up, sorry. :(

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
ok in 18 days I expire, I will have a fire sale at my Luna House in 17 days.
and that's it my UO days are done.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A couple of people have had this issue recently including me. Download the Origin client from ea and log in with your credentials there. it will want to finish something (don't know what) after that go to log in to your mythic account normally. it worked for me and a couple other folks.

Syncros

Adventurer
Off topic but why isnt logging into the game done through the Origin program since UO is a part of EA for the longest time now?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Simple question : Why does logging in UO acct, and why adding things like stable count increase tokens etc have to be sooooo convoluted? Is that good for business somehow? Making it cost you like ONE hour back and forth to figure it out so you just buy a simple thing from them or change your credit card add playtime etc?
Why is that? I cannot figure this one out..

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Account management should have been simplified and re-done before they launched EJ, in my opinion, it's enough to put people off, so many returners just don't have a clue unless someone helps them. Maybe it's easier if you are tarting from scratch, I have no idea.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I almost gave up when I returned last time. Linking accounts, creating accounts to link, remembering info from 20 years ago....ridiculous.

I had to literally email customer support and yell to get my stuff figured out.

To some of you, it may not seem that hard or a big deal....but for those of us coming back who only had to remember a username and password to log into the client...those six extra steps were a PITA.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Account management should have been simplified and re-done before they launched EJ, in my opinion, it's enough to put people off, so many returners just don't have a clue unless someone helps them. Maybe it's easier if you are tarting from scratch, I have no idea.
I think that is also one big fallacies to suggest old players they can have their accounts back and just jump into the game again. More often than not, an account that was inactive for ten years will be of no more use than a fresh account. I also played games where you basically loose all your stuff when you don't log in for a month. And what can I say, people get over it and still come back all the time. But when you give them the impression they can get all their old stuff back, they will of course be disappointed and angry when it doesn't work. IMO they should just delete accounts inactive for more than a year. Starting fresh is even one of the best experiences you can have in most games. I also understand that this will be a pretty unpopular opinion among those that only play UO for a living ( :devil: ), but it's just the same with the houses. Nobody gets his old castle back, and there are still vets coming back. Some random junk in the bank box would also be neglectible compared to the many resources BS puts into recovering old accounts.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some random junk in the bank box would also be neglectible compared to the many resources BS puts into recovering old accounts.
Hogwash.

Like Omni said, if we could jsut remember an account name and password, it would be so much easier. Put in that info on the login screen, it says you're expired, and has a button to a page to pay...directly, without having to create a Mythic acct, a master EA account, an Origin account, and on and on ad nauseum. Ingame systems are going the same way as account management tho. Seems everything connected with UO/BS/EA HAS to be difficult, convoluted, and a clickfest where you run in circles.

If I were starting today, I would do just like my son-in-law did when I tried to get him to play, which is walk off from it.

He had no problem with the artwork, nor the client. And I wonder how many others we have lost that way

But long story short, I have no sympathy for BS and having to spend so much time recovering accounts. They created the nightmare, they need to live it too. If they don't like it, they can fix it.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me just say if you can login your Mythic Account, game passwords are easily changed without knowing the old passord.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But long story short, I have no sympathy for BS and having to spend so much time recovering accounts. They created the nightmare, they need to live it too. If they don't like it, they can fix it.
Course not. That ship has long sailed. Guess they also love to deal with people like "I played 15 years ago, don't have my old email but want my accounts back" rather than having to work on the game itself. And honestly, after seeing what they do to the areas they touch, I couldn't be more happy to see them spent time on areas that don't affect me at all :D

Still doubt a 15 year inactive account is worth recovering. What will they find until they realize all their junk is worthless? 5 mil on the bank account, a couple of outdated templates and some random weapons in the bank box? That will keep them rolling for an hour tops until they realize it's pretty much the same as starting from scratch. Meanwhile a player and two people from support wasted half a day recovering that account.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@petemage I think people become extremely attached to their pixels, no matter how worthless they might seem to others. When I came back two years ago I was very pleased to get my old account back, despite all my armour being seriously out-dated and a couple of my characters being obsolete. Not everyone is lucky enough to meet a great group of people who help you navigate the game, which is very different if you have been away for a few years. I do agree though that the economy is so inflated and the player-base so top-heavy it can be a very daunting task for new and returning players to even attempt to catch up. Casual players with no friends or a decent guild will find it all but impossible unless they get some very lucky drops.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@petemage I think people become extremely attached to their pixels, no matter how worthless they might seem to others. When I came back two years ago I was very pleased to get my old account back, despite all my armour being seriously out-dated and a couple of my characters being obsolete. Not everyone is lucky enough to meet a great group of people who help you navigate the game, which is very different if you have been away for a few years. I do agree though that the economy is so inflated and the player-base so top-heavy it can be a very daunting task for new and returning players to even attempt to catch up. Casual players with no friends or a decent guild will find it all but impossible unless they get some very lucky drops.
Yea, I see that and can fully agree. But if we look at for example housing, everybody knows your house drops after 3 months of inactivity. Nobody is getting his hopes up high that they could still have their houses after 10 years of inactivity. And players still return and start over with a new house.

The same would be true for accounts. Players would still return because they enjoy the game. It's only they are encouraged to get their hopes up high to get their old accounts back, so they will of course be very disappointed when it doesn't work. If BS wouldn't promise that in the first place, nobody would get his hopes up high and nobody would be disappointed to not get an account from a century ago back.

But that's the choice they took with UO and now they spent quite some resources on recovering those old accounts. Of course it's not easy with an 20 year old game. Not every choice made 10 years ago might be a good choice today. But once in a while it can be helpful to re-evaluate those decisions.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It never ceases to amaze me the number of returners that lament that their house fell down, like they actually expected it to still be there, some of them after 15 years away. None of them seem to have had any thought at all of moving their items into the bank and into beetles. My husband and I have done that a few times and kept most of our stuff, or at least the most important things. Of course if they had done that and returned now after their account went to EJ it would actually be a huge problem...what do you do if all of your characters have full banks and beetles when you log in on EJ? *shudders* Scary thought...:eek:
Imagine if when people cancel their subscription and it goes into 'storage' they were automatically sent a reactivation code, so if they choose to return in 10 years they just contact customer services, give their name, address and the code and the account is up and running again. It wouldn't take CS hours to fix or in my case 2 weeks of e-mails back and forth! I know, I know, I'm a dreamer! :D

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Course not. That ship has long sailed. Guess they also love to deal with people like "I played 15 years ago, don't have my old email but want my accounts back" rather than having to work on the game itself. And honestly, after seeing what they do to the areas they touch, I couldn't be more happy to see them spent time on areas that don't affect me at all :D

Still doubt a 15 year inactive account is worth recovering. What will they find until they realize all their junk is worthless? 5 mil on the bank account, a couple of outdated templates and some random weapons in the bank box? That will keep them rolling for an hour tops until they realize it's pretty much the same as starting from scratch. Meanwhile a player and two people from support wasted half a day recovering that account.
My two cents...returning to a game with 5 million already in the bank is pretty attractive to me. I know that 5 million is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the UO economy these days but to me, that's a lot of gold. I returned to my 12 year old account and found that i had 11 million in the bank. That allowed me to place and build a nice custom house, get it nicely decorated, and I still have quite a bit left to live on. Not everyone in UO needs to live on hundreds of millions or even billions of gold. Coming back to 5 million is much better than coming back to a new account with 1,000 gold on each new character. Also, the templates from 15 years ago might not be great but at least the person is starting off with some skills already GMed. It's definitely better than starting from scratch. There might also be items in the bank that are valuable like old rares or special items, not to mention stacks of reagents, bandages, potions, etc. I'd love to be able to recover my original account from 1998 but I can't seem to find the correct information to recover it. It would be nice to see what my bank balance was when I left, what kind of rares I had, and yeah...some nostalgia from playing my original characters would be nice too.

I think that given the limited resources UO/BS has, there should be a limit to the time spent on recovering old accounts but I don't think it should be discounted completely. In a game like UO, nostalgia is a big reason that people DO return so there is a lot of value in being able to recover old accounts. I don't know that I would have stayed after returning if I had had to start 100% from scratch. Saying that starting with 5 million will keep someone going for an hour tops and is the same as starting from scratch is an incredibly short-sighted statement to make in my opinion. Saying that 5 million is so insignificant is probably why a lot of people don't come back and new players don't stay...they are made to feel like the game is only for those uber rich characters. I had a blast in the old days and never even reached the hundreds of thousands in gold. I returned in 2006 and got up to 20 million selling potion kegs and thought I was a high roller. Now I return and find that UO has had to create currency to recognize the 1 billion gold mark and yet, I'm having a blast with my measly 11 million gold.

This game is supposed to be about doing whatever you want and playing whatever style you enjoy most. It should not be portrayed as a game that you can only enjoy if you have a few hundred million in the bank. Just my opinion of course.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My two cents...returning to a game with 5 million already in the bank is pretty attractive to me. I know that 5 million is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of the UO economy these days but to me, that's a lot of gold. I returned to my 12 year old account and found that i had 11 million in the bank. That allowed me to place and build a nice custom house, get it nicely decorated, and I still have quite a bit left to live on. Not everyone in UO needs to live on hundreds of millions or even billions of gold. Coming back to 5 million is much better than coming back to a new account with 1,000 gold on each new character. Also, the templates from 15 years ago might not be great but at least the person is starting off with some skills already GMed. It's definitely better than starting from scratch. There might also be items in the bank that are valuable like old rares or special items, not to mention stacks of reagents, bandages, potions, etc. I'd love to be able to recover my original account from 1998 but I can't seem to find the correct information to recover it. It would be nice to see what my bank balance was when I left, what kind of rares I had, and yeah...some nostalgia from playing my original characters would be nice too.

I think that given the limited resources UO/BS has, there should be a limit to the time spent on recovering old accounts but I don't think it should be discounted completely. In a game like UO, nostalgia is a big reason that people DO return so there is a lot of value in being able to recover old accounts. I don't know that I would have stayed after returning if I had had to start 100% from scratch. Saying that starting with 5 million will keep someone going for an hour tops and is the same as starting from scratch is an incredibly short-sighted statement to make in my opinion. Saying that 5 million is so insignificant is probably why a lot of people don't come back and new players don't stay...they are made to feel like the game is only for those uber rich characters. I had a blast in the old days and never even reached the hundreds of thousands in gold. I returned in 2006 and got up to 20 million selling potion kegs and thought I was a high roller. Now I return and find that UO has had to create currency to recognize the 1 billion gold mark and yet, I'm having a blast with my measly 11 million gold.

This game is supposed to be about doing whatever you want and playing whatever style you enjoy most. It should not be portrayed as a game that you can only enjoy if you have a few hundred million in the bank. Just my opinion of course.
Well, I can't deny what you say. There is a lot of truth in it. I was just stating my experiences from games that let accounts decay rather quickly. And even there the people who like the game return all the time. Would they love to come back to their old accounts and items there as well? Totally! But does not having their old account back stop them from coming back? No at all. Just my experience.

Often when I work on my UI I start a fresh character on some random shard to not mess with my main characters. More often then not I can get carried away on those starter characters just killing zombies in Haven, collecting some LRC pieces and what not. In no way did I mean you need to be rich to enjoy the game. Even in contrast: Most of the time I'm pretty bored with my fully grown characters and rather enjoy tagging along some new player for the fun experience.

Last edited:

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, I can't deny what you say. There is a lot of truth in it. I was just stating my experiences from games that let accounts decay rather quickly. And even there the people who like the game return all the time. Would they love to come back to their old accounts and items there as well? Totally! But does not having their old account back stop them from coming back? No at all. Just my experience.

Often when I work on my UI I start a fresh character on some random shard to not mess with my main characters. More often then not I can get carried away on those starter characters just killing zombies in Haven, collecting some LRC pieces and what not. In no way did I mean you need to be rich to enjoy the game.
I understand. I can just tell you from my own view that returning to this game after a long absence is a bit scary when you come to the forums and see posts from people talking about setting aside a couple billion for new gear or spending hundreds of millions on house decorations. It's easy to understand why people don't stick around when the impression is out there that you have to be rich to get anywhere in the game...especially when new characters start with 1,000 gold. I still feel like I'm uber rich with the 8 million gold I have because I still play like I played in the early 2000s, with the exception of my large house of course.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand. I can just tell you from my own view that returning to this game after a long absence is a bit scary when you come to the forums and see posts from people talking about setting aside a couple billion for new gear or spending hundreds of millions on house decorations. It's easy to understand why people don't stick around when the impression is out there that you have to be rich to get anywhere in the game...especially when new characters start with 1,000 gold. I still feel like I'm uber rich with the 8 million gold I have because I still play like I played in the early 2000s, with the exception of my large house of course.
I always try to remind me how helpful UO people in general are when it comes to a poorer player in need. I don't think what we see on the trade boards here is in any way representive for the the majority of players. Most people I got to know in game are along your line of "having a blast with 8mil in the bank" rather than billionaires. But maybe I just hang with the wrong people :D

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that given the limited resources UO/BS has, there should be a limit to the time spent on recovering old accounts
Totally disagree.
That time is not time spent by the UO team, that time is time spent by EA staff, the ones who designed acct management. they deserve the headache.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I always try to remind me how helpful UO people in general are when it comes to a poorer player in need. I don't think what we see on the trade boards here is in any way representive for the the majority of players. Most people I got to know in game are along your line of "having a blast with 8mil in the bank" rather than billionaires. But maybe I just hang with the wrong people :D
It would make me happy to know that the majority of players are not those with so much money and fall more in line with my economic status. :)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Totally disagree.
That time is not time spent by the UO team, that time is time spent by EA staff, the ones who designed acct management. they deserve the headache.
Isn't it time spent by Bonnie, trying to work it out with EA staff after returning players are told to mail [email protected]?

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Totally disagree.
If that's the case where time spent recovering accounts is not time taken away from developers...then I agree with you. I wish I could recover my original account. I've given them every possible email address it could have been associated with, my physical address at the time, characters and skills, etc. I feel like with how unique my character names were (I know at the time at least that the two mains I had were the only ones with those names on any shard), there should be a way to find the account. Maybe it got hacked at some point over the years and the characters were deleted. Who knows? It would just be nice to be able to access that account. I don't know what other information I can provide to them. The email address it was associated with (I know it's the right one) has long since been deleted by AOL so I couldn't even do a password reset if I wanted to.

Oh well. I'm moving on. I love the 2006 account I recovered so life is good.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would make me happy to know that the majority of players are not those with so much money and fall more in line with my economic status. :)
It's a bit old by now, but there are those polls here on Stratics: How Much UO Gold Do You Have?

Considering that those who engage in Stratics are probably already the more engaged with the game, I presume those polls are already a fair bit top-heavy. Of course nobody knows for sure.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's a bit old by now, but there are those polls here on Stratics: How Much UO Gold Do You Have?

Considering that those who engage in Stratics are probably already the more engaged with the game, I presume those polls are already a fair bit top-heavy. Of course nobody knows for sure.
I hadn't seen that. It's interesting but still...seven people were in the "Over 100 Billion" category? How in the world does that happen? I remember saving up for a small field stone house deed for somewhere around 40,000 in the early days...only to discover that there was nowhere to place it. 100 billion? :confused2: