• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Beg for Real Plants

E

Eslake

Those who have not seen the thread in UHall, 15 new plants? might want to stop by and add their opinion on the matter.

Currently they are planning to introduce the 15 new plants in the same way they did Bonsai. Plants will not be crossable, nor will they bear seeds.
I can not speak for everyone else, but to me, the Bonsai plants system is just not interesting at all.

To me, the fun of gardening is in the crossing of plants to get other types and harvesting seeds from them to start new crops.

I have no problem with getting an initial set of seads from monsters, I have at least one character of each principal template so killing things is easy. But it is also rather boring.
I don't enjoy gardening because I get to hunt boglings for those first 12 plants. I enjoy gardening because it is Not the same old hack and slash.

If you feel the same, please let EA/M know it.
If it means the new plants (and sadly the cocoa trees) get pushed back for another publish, IMO it is worth it.

I would much rather wait an extra month for something that could be fun for 4 months, than have something now that will be boring after 10 days.

Bah! I wanted to change this to a Poll but can't delete the original. :(

F

Flora Green

Eslake,
Why don't you consider putting the poll in U.Hall? More people will see it and it will get more exposure than the botany forum. Your OP is well thought out and I appreciate your effort to help out our profession. :)

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with everything you wrote.

I really hope that we can get this situation turned around.

Please everyone, as Eslake said, post to the "15 new plants" thread in UHall and voice your opinion on the cross-pollination issue for the new plants!

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eslake,
Why don't you consider putting the poll in U.Hall? More people will see it and it will get more exposure than the botany forum. Your OP is well thought out and I appreciate your effort to help out our profession. :)
Great idea!! :)

E

Eslake

Eslake,
Why don't you consider putting the poll in U.Hall? More people will see it and it will get more exposure than the botany forum.
I would, but with a thread on the subject already there I hate to add another. :(

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, maybe you're right - and the original thread is still going strong. I hope we get some sort of response from a dev soon!

L

Lily

Those who have not seen the thread in UHall, 15 new plants? might want to stop by and add their opinion on the matter.

Currently they are planning to introduce the 15 new plants in the same way they did Bonsai. Plants will not be crossable, nor will they bear seeds.
I can not speak for everyone else, but to me, the Bonsai plants system is just not interesting at all.

To me, the fun of gardening is in the crossing of plants to get other types and harvesting seeds from them to start new crops.

I have no problem with getting an initial set of seads from monsters, I have at least one character of each principal template so killing things is easy. But it is also rather boring.
I don't enjoy gardening because I get to hunt boglings for those first 12 plants. I enjoy gardening because it is Not the same old hack and slash.

If you feel the same, please let EA/M know it.
If it means the new plants (and sadly the cocoa trees) get pushed back for another publish, IMO it is worth it.

I would much rather wait an extra month for something that could be fun for 4 months, than have something now that will be boring after 10 days.

Bah! I wanted to change this to a Poll but can't delete the original. :(

My opinion on this totally depends on what the new plants ARE. The problem I had with the bonsai plants wasn't that they didn't cross or that they didn't have enough varieties or bear seeds... it was that they were not that cute! I think I might have one white one in my house that is full of plants. So if this round is a bunch of ugly crap, I think it will die as fast as bonsai. However, if there are flowering plants and the selection is unique (not the same plant rehued and in a different shaped planter), AND some are more hard to get the seeds for than others... I think it will still be a boost for gardening.

Either way, it's better than just growing orange bulrushes for petals!

lily