• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Because they do not know what they do....

Kingshore Dad

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets face it, do you think ea cares about the game? They banned a lot of people but nothing happend to the dupe vendors on all shards or they´ve been replaced...... for the what? third time? :coco:

Did they fix all kind of dupes?? And if they fixed it why are they producing every pub one or two new once?? you may think : Because they do not know what they do....

so what du you think?

M

monnie101

They care about the game for sure. They have closed so many games that UO would surely be closed. They just don't care enough and they are milking it like they always have been. I don't mean to say this in a mean way, just as forwardly and honest of a way I believe.

The way the game is run is just unbelievable. I really don't think most UO players realize how bad it is. If I was one of those people with tons of rares and gold, I would be a paranoid schizophrenic because anything in UO can happen and you lose your items and customer service almost never replaces any of it. They make a huge deal about it. Even if you get banned by mistake, you will be lucky if they restore even a few items when they realize their mistake.

A lot of this people, UO is their life. It's their bike, basketball game, expensive card collection, and it can all be lost and you have no control over having a chance at getting it back. A lot of people are having virtual heart attacks. In other games it's pretty cut and dry. You send a petition, and usually within same day or next you can have your item back. If it's a lot of items like you've been hacked, then it takes a little longer.

It's too bad UO doesn't make this their official forum because if they did, they could do what EQ2 does when people post on the forum saying they are innocent (which almost never ever happens) when they aren't. I've seen people been called out in public!

I don't know what the deal is with the dupes and why they allow them to stay in for months. I've heard they have let them stay in for over a year before but dunno if that is true. Sometimes I wonder if their is some kind of conspiracy. One admitted duper of another game was able to buy a brand new truck and outfit his home with big Star Wars sculptures from all the money. Meantime thousands of innocent gamers are having their gaming experience impacted on via hyper-inflated economy.

M

monnie101

That's a good way to put it, I agree with that for sure. I know a bunch of the people on the team love this game with a passion.

S

Salty Pete

If EA stopped caring about the money there would be no reason to keep the game running.

B

BartofCats

my vote is that they care about both. Sadly you dont have an option there for that choice. Why else would they say they want to protect the in game economy and try to crack down on the cheats and cheaters in the game?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA: money
Developers: community
Exactly.

EA is a corporation and pretty much by definition, a corporation's only reason to exist is to generate a profit for its shareholders. It will only care about community, its history or its future if it makes money to care.

Developers are people ... and people tend to care about things whether or not its rational to do so :)