• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beach Fight Tournament, May 17th 2008, 9 pm EST

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beach Fight Tournament, May 17th 2008

At 9 pm EST, the United Pirates invite you to come to the Jolly Roger Inn / Trammel (see map below) and prove your fighting abilities! We'll be holding an exciting fighting contest on our beach in a predetermined area. (In order to be able to fight, you either have to temporarily join our guild, or your guild has to declare war on us.) The rules are:

• Ye cannot use own equipment! Armor and weapons of GM quality will be supplied, to give not-so-rich fighters a chance to prove their abilities.
  • Jewelry, talismans and other items improving yer fighting abilities are not allowed!
  • Ye can bring any kind and number of potions, bandages, arrows, darts, bolts and reagents ye like.
  • Mounts and pets are not allowed!
  • Leaving the fighting area before the winner of a duel is determined, is not allowed.
  • The contest will be held as a double-elimination tournament. This means, you can't win the tournament anymore if you lost TWO duels.
  • Any kind of fighting tactics are allowed! Whatever abilities yer skills offer, may be used in the duel.
  • The prize: Each contestant pays an entry fee of 10,000 gold pieces (bank check). The winner takes it all! (If someone can't afford that much, he can pay less. More rich participants will compensate the rest.)
  • Hint: Area effect attacks (like explosion and conflagration potions or area effect spells) only damage fighters from enemy guilds, not opponents of your own guild.

Our last fighting tournament was a lot of fun. I hope ye have time ta participate!

Hawkeye Pike
The United Pirates

J

jelinidas

Sounds Fun Hawkeye! I have seen some of yer mates in Cove the last couple of nights. Decent folk for Pirates! Good luck on the event, perhaps I can make it.

M

Mathena

Sounds Fun Hawkeye! I have seen some of yer mates in Cove the last couple of nights. Decent folk for Pirates! Good luck on the event, perhaps I can make it.
Decent?? I wish you could see all the turmoil they have caused to the poor town folk in New Haven. His bunch attacked an "Old Man" and are trying to get folks to pay them "protection money". They have made just a general nuisance of themselves.

But, as a Torm Enforcer--we have been keeping a crew there to keep the peace. And protect the innocent. Makes for some long nights with these characters drinking and generally stinking up the whole area.

OOC: See everyone at the event :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decent?? I wish you could see all the turmoil they have caused to the poor town folk in New Haven. His bunch attacked an "Old Man" and are trying to get folks to pay them "protection money". They have made just a general nuisance of themselves.

But, as a Torm Enforcer--we have been keeping a crew there to keep the peace. And protect the innocent. Makes for some long nights with these characters drinking and generally stinking up the whole area.
Arr, da tax is fer yer own security! New Haven is now pyrate property, and we will insure dat everyone's safe who pays us 500 gold coins.

Aye, da Torms have been meddlin' wid pyrate business. Mebbe dat's why some landlubbers can now be found at da bottom of New Haven bay.

And dis Old Man... he should be more careful with settin' a swarm o' bees upon pirates! Friggin' magery, dat is!

Meet ye all in New Haven! Tax money is to be collected.

Hawkeye Pike
The United Pirates

P.S.: The results and some pictures of our Beach Fight Tournament can be found here.