• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Base Dmg, Dmg Increase, and Dmg Modifiers ... is this correct?

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is a Damage from skills (tactics, strength, anatomy, lumber jacking) only CAP here is the
limits of your skills

Then there is also a Damage Increase from Items, plus some other things like Divine Fury ... this
part has a CAP of 100

These two get added together and are subject to a 300% CAP

That gets applied as a formula to your weapon to determine the total BASE DAMAGE that you weapon
does.

After that part Damage Modifiers come into play ... Total Damage Modifiers are CAPPED at 300%
or 3X the Weapons Base Damage

Some of the most significant Damage Modifiers are Slayer/Super Slayer, Enemy of One, Consecrate
Weapon ....

I think I have that part right .... please correct or add as needed

So I am running Enchanted Cameos (Super Slayers) plus I am imbuing matching Super Slayers
on my Double Axes (plus other stuff obviously) ... swapping in/out as needed ... with those 2 Super Slayers I hit the Damage Modifier bonus of 300% with nothing else needed ... there's no reason to Enemy of One or
Consecrate Weapon or worry about any other Damage Modifiers ... any other item/spell/whatever
that is considered a Damage Modifier is basically not needed and useless to me.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I am running Enchanted Cameos (Super Slayers) plus I am imbuing matching Super Slayers
on my Double Axes (plus other stuff obviously)
Do they stack like this? I have no idea to be honest. So for example you would have a repond slayer cameo and then repond slayer on the weapon?

I've always used the info from UOGuide here: Damage Calculations - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

I run the same setup they give in the example but I roll with 150 strength:

Assume the following statistics

Tactics: 120.0
Anatomy: 120.0
Lumberjack:0.0
Strength: 120
Damage Increase (Items): 100%

Tactics Damage Bonus = (120 / 1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25%
Anatomy Damage Bonus = (120 / 2) + 5 = 65%
Lumberjacking Damage Bonus = 0/5 = 0
Strength Damage Bonus = (120 * 0.3) + 5 = 41%
Damage Increase from Items = 100%

Total Damage Bonus = 81.25 + 65 + 0 + 41 + 100 = 287.25%

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey there .... I'm certain about the stacking part .... with both the Damage Modifier = 300% (3X)

And I run with 150 Strength also .... and my Base Damage (Skills and DI) ends up at 296.25 ... which basically says you and I are on the same page up to there ....

The part that it seems like to me is that with the Stacked Slayers if I use EOO or Consecrate Weapon (BTW I use 100% Elemental's to match my target) and even the 5% Damage Modifier for Warriors gifts .... or the 10% Damage Modifier on a Quiver ... it won't have any effect on the overall damage that I do per hit. And they are then wasted space.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might be going over the top having the slayer on the weapon along with having it on the cameo. Might be better having a different mod on the weapon instead of the slayer.

I guess the way to test would be find a nice target and smack out some AI's with both talisman and slayer weapon equiped. Then remove the talisman or use a non-slayer weapon and see if you do the same amount of damage.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here's a typical Double Axe that I use for a Champ Spawn .... not saying it's RIGHT ..... just what I've been trying

Doing OK .... but got allot to learn and a long way to go

100% Elemental Damage
Super Slayer
Hit Life Leech 81
Hit Stamina Leech 50
Hit Mana Leech 81
Hit Area Effect 50

I haven't had the opportunity to see what works on the Champ yet :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is exactly the mods I have on mine.

EDIT - Nope, mine have 50 DI and not life leech as I don't use cameo.

Tectop

Journeyman
That is exactly the mods I have on mine.

EDIT - Nope, mine have 50 DI and not life leech as I don't use cameo.
Would be nice if we had a spreadsheet you just plug all that information in and would calculate for you if only I knew how to make one. Great topic great information

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sounds like a good time to learn to make one .... lots of books out there .... can't be harder than learning how to play UO :)

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So the past few days have been a regroup and redo days

I changed my sash and boots ... Now I'm using Lt of Brit Guard and Shanty Waders

Plus I decided that I'm ok using potions while I play ... I swap in an ECU ring and go to a one handed RS before I drink a GA and GS Potion ... they last 3 minutes ... I can deal with that .....

For now I am going to start playing with Confidence, Evasion, and Counter Attack ... we'll see how that goes

Also WW, DS, and AI at some point

Here's where I ended up today .... this is with only a GA and GS

Skills
Swordsmanship 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 120
Magic Resist/Anatomy 120 ... I swap these
Parrying 120
Necromancy 100
Chivalry 80

Attributes
Strength 150
Dexterity 150
Intelligence 57
Hit Points 150
Stamina 204
Mana 105

Hit Point Increase 25/25
Stamina Increase 54
Mana Increase 28

Hit Point Regen 7/18
Stamina Regen 16
Mana Regen 11/30

Resistances
Physical Resist 75
Fire Resist 75
Cold Resist 75
Poison Resist 75
Energy Resist 80
Damage Eater 18/18

Attack W Double Axe
Dps 52
Swing Speed 1.25
Base Damage 59–71
Hit Chance Increase 45/45 .. actual is 60, 15 over
Swing Speed Increase 25/60
Damage Increase 100/100

Reflect Physical Damage 5/105
Enhance Potions 50/50 ... I swap in an ecru ring
Defense Chance Increase 5/19

Magic
Lower Reagent Cost 20/100
Lower Mana Cost 45/40
Spell Damage Increase 5
Faster Casting 0/4
Faster Cast Recovery 0/6

I'm hoping to try a few Champ Spawns over the next few days and see hoe used to it I can get ...

Also see how long it takes for me to get toasted now :)

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day ... hopefully we'll get out there to ride the bikes a little.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Cameo slayer plus slayer weapon does stack. Thats why cameos are so good. From just those two, you reach the 300 dmg modifier cap against that slayer type.

As for damage caps, i heard people saying there are two caps. I also heard there is only one cap...the 300 percent modifier cap. Im like 90 percent sure there is only one cap. If you add lumberjacking to your build, i believe you will exceed the 300 mark when u calculate dmg from str and skills.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the damage increase cap (300 cap)
Damage Increase for items = 100 *** Divine Fury spell will add up to 20% damage increase as part of this 100 cap
120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

For the damage modifier cap (300 cap)
You always have 100% damage Modifier. You will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
Specific Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Perfection (+100%) ***10% per level (hit), maxed at 100%
Enemy of One ( up to 82%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
Honor Self (25%)
Consecrate Weapon ( up to 16%) ***based on chiv skill and (possibly) karma
Bard Song Inspire (up to 15%) ***based on bard skills
Some Quivers (10%) *** I personally haven't verified this or seen it posted elsewhere. But was taken from a post by @King Greg
Grapes of Wrath (10%)
Level 3 Weapon Mastery (5%)

100% sure of this. Do some testing if you believe otherwise. The info is mostly from a former UO Dev, Logrus, who posted the formulas.

Last edited:

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Maximus ....

That is exactly how I thought it worked and your list of what all fits under the 300% Damage Modifier is the verification/info that I was looking for.

Bottom line if I run with Cameo and Matching Super Slayer Weapon I am at the 300% Damage Modfier Cap and there’s no reason to need any of the other items listed under that category.

I’m gonna beat on an Artic Orge Lord this morning and try different things. If I see anything different I’ll post what I see.

Thanks Everyone

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
OK .... here's what I did and found

Headed to Ice Dungeon .... equipped with a Repond Cameo and a 100% Fire Elemental Double Axe with Repond Slayer on it also ..

Started with both the Cameo and DA ....

Hit Damage was in the 185-215 Range .... did it maybe 10 times to verify

Honored Self .... stayed in the same range
EOO ... stayed in the same range
Divine Fury ... stayed in the same range
Consecrate Weapon ... stayed in the same range

Unequipped the Cameo .... dropped to the 130-145 Range

Equipped the Cameo .... back up to the 185-215 Range

I didn't use any potions for the test .... so

Strength was 123 ... I usually use a GS and this goes to 150
Tactics was 120
Anatomy was 120
Lumberjack was 0 ... and I am an Elf .... so no JOAT

EDIT: When I use Potions I am here .... "For a total of 296.25 ... " in the Damage Increase Section.

Also I am using Level III Warrior Gifts for the record

Damage Increase was at 100%

So from what I am seeing if I stick with my Cameo/Weapon Slayer pair up .... there's allot less things I have to worry about during battle.

Again ... Thanks to everyone for the info/affirmation/help

GR

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So from what I am seeing if I stick with my Cameo/Weapon Slayer pair up .... there's allot less things I have to worry about during battle.
Yep. I've personally dropped chiv from my sampire. I use a specific slayer and when I can't it's a super slayer+perfection or super slayer+super slayer.
Now for my non-sampire warrior, that fights things like Chief Paroxysmous, I do have 120 chiv and I use perfection+EoO+mastery. That's still a bit short but I could honor myself or maybe someone in party is a bard.

*I also edited the 2nd part of my first post. I forgot to list perfection as adding 100%.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Max ... now you got me thinking. I don’t think there’s any left that I use from Chivalry except sacred journey .... hmm .... possibly another skill slot :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You will need enemy of one against Neira at the very least since he isn't undead slayer.
But he is still doable even without it, just takes a bit longer.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi Bealank ....

I know there’s gonna be exceptions. I’m still working on getting through ANY Champ Spawn. :)

I have a feeling there’s gonna be ‘different’ flavor templates. Love those Soulstones ... I better add Neira to my notes.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will need enemy of one against Neira at the very least since he isn't undead slayer.
But he is still doable even without it, just takes a bit longer.
Very true.

Hey Max ... now you got me thinking. I don’t think there’s any left that I use from Chivalry except sacred journey .... hmm .... possibly another skill slot :)
That's how I decided. I have the crystal portals and I use charges in runebooks to get around.

Garrisons Rage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey Maximus ....

I didn't realize that an Atlas held 90 charges. I have a ton of recall runes at one of my houses, and I'm back there all of the time ... real easy to drop a refill at the end of any day that I play.

So I guess next I need to work on a swap skill/equipment plan ... and add one that doesn't rely on Slayers and swaps in Chivalry ...

In the meantime if I Stone Chivalry it frees up 50 Real Skill Points and a +15 Chivalry slot on my ring/bracelet.

Thanks ... GR

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Maximus ....

I didn't realize that an Atlas held 90 charges. I have a ton of recall runes at one of my houses, and I'm back there all of the time ... real easy to drop a refill at the end of any day that I play.

So I guess next I need to work on a swap skill/equipment plan ... and add one that doesn't rely on Slayers and swaps in Chivalry ...

In the meantime if I Stone Chivalry it frees up 50 Real Skill Points and a +15 Chivalry slot on my ring/bracelet.

Thanks ... GR
I didn't realize that about the Atlas either!

Figure out what you want to fight and build around that! Remember that one template can't do it all!