• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Base Damage on Weapons overhaul

• Thread starter imported_zeroshade
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_zeroshade

Can someone please look at the base damage on all of the weapons?

For instance:
ornate axe - 2 handed - swing speed 3.5 and does 18-20 damage
war hammer - 2 handed - swing speed 3.75 and does 17-18 damage

G

Base Damage of Heavy X-Bows REALLY needs a look. With 105 STR/120.0 Tact/120.0 Anat//GM LJ/40% Dam Inc, an Ornate Axe has a damage potential of 63-70. With 105 STR/120.0 Tact/120.0 Anat/40% Dam Inc, a Heavy X-Bow has a damage potential of 64-77. That's a Archer doing more damage with a Heavy X-Bow than a Swordsman can do with a Ornate Axe, when that Swordsman has invested an extra 100.0 Skillpoints into LJ just to recieve a damage bonus with Axes. Not to mention Heavy X-Bows are a ranged weapon, and can be fired while moving with Moving Shot.

G

I think we're probably due for this across the board and as a melee player in PvM, I think we may be due for a significant lowering of base damages across the board.

As it is, even with a cap on Damage Increase, because it is percentage based and not a flat number like it used to be, the amount of damage that can be achieved can become quite obscene.

Basically, they could either... lower the spawning levels of DI overall and lower the DI effects of such things as special moves, EoO, and slayers, they could look at skill/stat based bonuses to damage, or they can look at base damage.

Either way, given the changes being made to the economic model of UO, it would not surprise me to see a change to damage dealing abilities at some point in the relatively near future.

G

Im glad this subject is getting more attention.

It annoys the hell out of me.

G

Ever fight against an Archer who was using a 40% SSI Heavy X-Bow and has high Stamina? With all 70's suit, each shot is doing around 30s damage to you, disrupting your bandages every time. The higher swing rate of the Ornate Axe really doesn't matter when you can't keep close enough to your opponent to use it, plus your losing a good chunk of stamina per hit, when that opponent is able to hit you for 30s damage while at a range, and fire them off while running as well. With Lightning on the Heavy X-Bow, you can expect to be hit for 40 damage in one shot.

G

Of all the problems in pvp, this one should not be a high priority. If you don't like the war hammer, don't use it.

I

imported_zeroshade

<blockquote><hr>

Of all the problems in pvp, this one should not be a high priority. If you don't like the war hammer, don't use it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be short sighted, this isn't just about pvp its about balance in the game. The war hammer was just an example. Here are some more for you.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/arms.php

Diamond mace - Speed 37 - Damage 14-17
Scimitar - Speed 37 - Damage 13 - 15

Kryss - Speed 53 - Damage 10-12
Bokuto - Speed 53 - Damage 9-11

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ever fight against an Archer who was using a 40% SSI Heavy X-Bow and has high Stamina? With all 70's suit, each shot is doing around 30s damage to you, disrupting your bandages every time. The higher swing rate of the Ornate Axe really doesn't matter when you can't keep close enough to your opponent to use it, plus your losing a good chunk of stamina per hit, when that opponent is able to hit you for 30s damage while at a range, and fire them off while running as well. With Lightning on the Heavy X-Bow, you can expect to be hit for 40 damage in one shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

My statement was on the premiss of all other things being equal(SSI, Stam, Hit Spell, exct..). I simply displayed the numbers. I'm sure it was made slower, and a lower DPS, because of the the range. OP wanted to know why the Heavy hit harder, and it is because it is slower. If the user of the Ornate axe doesn't have the ability to stay within range then their DPS might be lower, it's on them. I'm sure some have the ability to the ability to stay within range of their target. In those cases an Ornate axe would easily out damage a Heavy crossbow.

G

I think the developers want us to choose weapons based on their damage output for ordinary use and carry other weapons for their special abilities. More insurance/gold sink. Those devs are crafty!