• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barracoon

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why does the baracoon just stand there and not attack anyone? All the other champ bosses chase random players around, can we make the baracoon do the same?

Also, there is a bug where if you open the polymorph gump, you're prevented from turning into a rat, even without needing any magery at all. You're prevented from turning into a rat if you're in another form or have body paint on you which is fair enough, but opening a gump ui shouldn't prevent it.

that is all.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why does the baracoon just stand there and not attack anyone? All the other champ bosses chase random players around, can we make the baracoon do the same?

Also, there is a bug where if you open the polymorph gump, you're prevented from turning into a rat, even without needing any magery at all. You're prevented from turning into a rat if you're in another form or have body paint on you which is fair enough, but opening a gump ui shouldn't prevent it.

that is all.
I did baracoon a few times last night and noticed that he didn't move at all. Thought that was kinda strange. Does vamp form prevent rat form? He hasn't turned me into a rat yet. Honestly I was also a little upset that I didn't get raided. Very disappointing. Also I got 6 level 1 primers all bushido... is that normal?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, any form will prevent rat form, as for the all bushido prmers, no that is unusual.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they did there due diligence on the Pet revamp testing, they would find that the new gump staying open preventing you from macroing skills does a lot more than just that.
A lot of "other" things also cannot happen to you.......back in the old days I would have sent in the bug report to tell them of the unexpected "bonuses" this change has caused but....
....well until the Phoenix is sorted they can do their own bug finding.... :rolleyes2:

Abyss-

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't see anything positive wanting to change it's movement... It's not that it will make Baracoon a challenge if it now "moves"..If you are looking for a pvm-challenge you should probably find yourself some other boss to fight. Plus it would ruin this boss for mages if they are soloing it and don't have any tank forcing people to use only dex temps for soloing it...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they did there due diligence on the Pet revamp testing, they would find that the new gump staying open preventing you from macroing skills does a lot more than just that.
A lot of "other" things also cannot happen to you.......back in the old days I would have sent in the bug report to tell them of the unexpected "bonuses" this change has caused but....
....well until the Phoenix is sorted they can do their own bug finding.... :rolleyes2:
I understand not being able to perform another action while the gump is open is annoying, however what are the bonuses this brings?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand not being able to perform another action while the gump is open is annoying, however what are the bonuses this brings?
Cannot say, some may call them "exploits".........but if they returned the Phoenix to it's former glory, then i'd be happy to explain to the devs.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

that is all.
Neira just stands there too, doesnt chase anyone, but I agree its odd Barra just stands there taking hits, Neira casts powerful spells and the unholy bones spawn stuff a lot faster than Barra spawns ratmen, maybe increase Barras ratman spawning and give him a bow and some eval when he is in human form.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I'm wondering is why are some wanting to make barracoon harder, to keep the spawners in place longer until the pkers arrive?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I'm wondering is why are some wanting to make barracoon harder, to keep the spawners in place longer until the pkers arrive?

Because they have nothing better to do but that.... and besides if it take you longer they have more time to come PK you.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Barracoon absolutely moves, but not if you yourself keep your distance from him. Get a dexxer and go stand next to him and see how long he just stands there.

Turbo

Adventurer
Barra seems to be an entry level spawn so it makes sense that he doesnt move so new or weaker players can learn to spawn and boss fight with the ability to back off and heal if needed. If its too easy for you go do a harder spawn.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Id say the fact that spawn is so easy helps PKs know exactly where to go to find victims, makes it the place most people go.

Im not a PK and I do spawns solo so Ive no interest in them lasting longer, right now all the Fel negative karma champs except Neira(who has no slayer vulnerability) go down in about the same time, about 1 minute into my second casting of "enemy of one", infact the fastest spawn for me to solo is the arachnid one and thats the only one where the champ is challenging and can sometimes kill me.

I take the point that Barra is not the same walk over for melee that is it for ranged though.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Actually, he is. Sampire, stand right next to him, Armor Ignore him to death. When Ratmen spawn, Momentum Strike. Repeat until dead.
Arent most things like that for a Sampire, including the other champs?

I dont know as I dont have one, but Ive seen lots of complaints that almost everything is easy for a Sampire.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mervny does not do Champ spawns, all he does is try to take other peoples champ from them. So this rant is all because he cant take a rat champ quick enough before the people who put all the work in get it done and get out with the loot before he can do anything.

Only thing Merv wants is more time to take the champ from people nothing else

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't say i wanted to make the barracoon take longer to kill, i just think it would make things more interesting if it chased people around like the other champs (Neira too). Just because i happen to be a in a guild that controls the champs, doesn't have anything to do with it, all it shows is that i have experience of all the champ bosses.
And even when you melee it, it doesn't exactly go crazy ape like Mephitis. It will occassionally move one tile, then if you're damaged, you just step back 1 tile and it won't follow you...

Also, i think you'll find our guild do dragon turtle spawn in fel all the time, from level one, since nobody else ever spawns it. only champ that you get Guaranteed legendaries. Which by the way is still bugged, still no gate to star appears...

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Arent most things like that for a Sampire, including the other champs?
I would have to say yeah.. I mean I am still a novice Sampire player and even my nooblet butt can take down things that should really not be solo'ed imo.. and take them down with ease. So I can only imagine how easy it is once a person becomes a pro at the temp.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Kitty named "Pushy" and for good reason insist on helping me eat this powdered donut from Dunkin Donuts, We just got one out here in the Boonies. I have never had one and its very tasty! Pushy loves it too!
You went to Dunkin Donuts and bought the powdered ones ? You can get those anywhere......the shame !!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well this is kind of embarrassing to admit considering how long I have played however the other night was the first champ spawn I had ever done solo or otherwise. I found it odd that Baracoon didn't move, however bosses such as medusa and dreadhorn seems to do the same. The big difference in my opinion is the lack of hit points in comparison to other bosses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want addition hit points added! I think that the spawn was a bit tedious at the beginning (not to mention having to bring a throw away weapon because of the slimes), but as the spawn advanced it became more interesting and went along at a decent pace.
Baracoon himself was a little too easy at least for my sampire. I think that @WhiteWitch had a great idea as far as the increase to his eval might not be a terrible idea.
The rewards were pretty good. No 120 scrolls but a few useful 110's and 115's. Strangely I received 6 level 1 bushido primes so that was kind of odd. Baracoons loot itself was kind of sad. Actually really sad. Overall though I enjoyed it quite a bit

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been a while since I did a rat spawn, but from my experience I'd say they should first fix the fact that when you get turned into a rat, you don't turn gray from it, which allows any blue player to attack you without getting a murder count or turning gray themselves.

Also, shouldn't the risk of doing a champ spawn while also being able to be attacked by players be difficult enough?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish they would change the spawn back, there are times now I have to just plink around with em killing one or two at a time. Shoulda never changed it it was fine the way it was.

Which brings up the next statement, I hope they don't change anything with the barracoon...everytime they touch something it's, well, you know where I'm headed.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish they would change the spawn back, there are times now I have to just plink around with em killing one or two at a time. Shoulda never changed it it was fine the way it was.

Which brings up the next statement, I hope they don't change anything with the barracoon...everytime they touch something it's, well, you know where I'm headed.
Were you going to say BREAK IT WORSE THAN IT IS :)