• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bards

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really excited about bards, I prolly won't get to them for a little while but I had an epiphany about the implementation. and they are going to be awesome.
Going to be a very interactive profession and playstyle. They may just have to get some extra work on the side to get em in earlier because I'm so stoked about itl

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can you make it so you can equip your instrument? I always found that one is the odd parts of UO. Sure you can't whack a monster with your lyre, but your silver tongue is meant to sing them into submission. Make bards a worthy adventurer so they are not relegated to only minor support roles.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just Equip? I want to be able to whack people with the instruments El Kabong style but have a durability penalty when you do that so you might break the instrument. Technically the instrument is the bard's weapon but since we are trying to also encourage interplay between skills, expect that pure bards will be pretty badass, but there will also be opportunities for hybrids wielding weapons or skills along with some of their bardic capabilities.