• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bards

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been testing the bard stuff on TC a bit today. I love the changes, loooove em.

● Bard Skill Timeout reduced to 8 Seconds.

● Having a bard mastery reduces all Bard Skill Timeouts by 1 second, and an additional second for the Skill of the mastery focus.

So with provocation mastery I will have a skill timeout(for provocation) of 6 seconds right? I believe that is what my test concluded with on TC and it worked very well.

● Bards with secondary bard skills above GM (Real Skill) will receive a slightly reduced mana cost for spell song upkeep.

Can we get some details on this please? 1 mana per gm additional bard skills?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-1 If an additional skill is above 100 (real)
-2 If both additional skills are above 100 (real).

U

uoBuoY

Logrus,

Speaking of timers...how come I can't use Animal Lore until the Bard timer says I can???

I Disco a beast and wait a long time before I can Lore my pets.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The increased resistance to Poison seems to be working. Casted/low level always cures, Rotting Corpse Poison took several ticks suggesting that it is a roughly 50% chance.

The descriptions in the masteries book no longer reflect the correct "up to's".

Inspire: Do the HCI/DI go over the cap? Is the DI part of the 300% cap or the 100% cap from items? If neither overcap both seem fairly pointless as they are usually the first two properties dexxers will max. Does the SDI overcap in PvP?

Invigorate: Is it intentional that Poison blocks the healing part of this effect or should it work like gift of renewal?

Resilience: Are the regens part of the item caps?

Perseverance: Does the DCI go over the cap? Does the damage reduction stack with the armoured Swamp Dragon reduction? Does the Casting Focus stack with items &/or Scribe CF?

Haven't had chance to test the Discord ones, but did the limited number of ticks go in? I didn't see it in the notes. Do they also have reduced mana cost for having multiple Bard skills?

The new upkeep costs seem much more reasonable.

Shard just went down...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They stack with items, and are subject to the same caps.
(HCI/DCI/Regens etc.)

Invigorate intentionally won't heal through poison.

I'll have to revisit the code to see if casting focus allows you to exceed the cap. (I think it might.) It does definitely stack with the scribe bonus.

For Discord/Tribulation, the number of ticks ranges from 5 - 14 depending on skill level.
(Magic Resist factors in PvP and can lower this)

Preservance Damage Reduction will stack.

The Mana reduction affects upkeep of all mastery abilities (including discordance)

The timeout between skill use is 10 seconds. This is shared by all skills even bard skills. The timeout itself is just reduced when using the bard skills.

The poison resistance varies with the bard skill. So if your skill is high enough most lower level poisons will be resisted on the very first round. A 4x legendary bard will probably even shrug off lethal poison fairly easily.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Ok thanks.

Minor thing I noticed...
In the pages of the mastery book the second Peace spell is called Perseverance, on the gump for the same spell it is called Preservance.

T

Trevelyan

I think "above" means 100.1 minimum. Though it might be 100. Who knows :D

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at current image quality in EC client it can be 99.999912992765 or above skill level