• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Barding effects

S

Scoobs

I have been provoking turkeys recently in the hope of getting a magic skinning knife.

There seems to be a significant difference in how long it takes for a turkey to die. Does anyone now what the relationship / effect is of the following:

Peace on one provoke
Discord on one provoke
Discord on both provokes
Health of the respective creatures

It also seems that it is not possible to provoke a third turkey onto one of the other 2 as one always seem to walk away?

Thanks

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always provoke 3 turkeys together. Can do more, but 3 is optimal for me, because if I provoke too many, I might not be able to get close enough to loot. And 3 allows me control the damage they do to each other.

As to your other questions -

1) Peace on one provoke
Avoid doing this unless 1 of the turkey has significantly more HP than the others. This will stop the peace'd turkey from damaging the others.

You want them to die as quickly as possible (at relatively the same time). You can use it as a form of damage control to make all the turkeys you provoked have roughly the same amount of HP remaining. But even so, provoke works better.

2) Discord on one provoke
The discorded one will have lower resists and die much quicker than the undiscorded one.

It will also have lower strength/wrestling/tactics and thus do less damage to the undiscorded one.

Note: Normally discording mobs lowers their stats which indirectly lowers their barding difficulty. But because the barding difficulty for the turkeys are hardcoded and not tied to the turkey's stats, a discorded turkey's barding difficulty does not get lowered by discording.

3) Discord on both provokes
Yes, do this to ensure they do max damage to each other.

4) Health of the respective creatures
Does not seem to have much impact to their damage output. They do not have a HP based "firebreath" attack.

To control damage, you provoke a->b, then b->c, then c->a.
Most of the time, this will result in a nice triangle where each of them will be biting another's tail. All will be taking damage equally.

Once you have the chain started, reverse the chain, provoke a->c, c->b, b->a.

This will ensure that they have all aggro'ed each other. This is important once the first turky dies. Coz you want the remaining 2 to keep at each other's throats instead of yours.

Now, watch their hp, anytime you see 1 of the them being beaten down too quickly, provoke the other 2 against each other and take the heat off the weaker one. Anytime you see one having significantly more hp, provoke the other 2 on it.

Hopes that makes sense. Good luck!

M

miniciti

I kill the turkeys by discording one of them and then provoking it onto another turkey.
I find when I have both turkeys discorded, it takes forever for one to die. If neither one of them is discorded, it still takes forever for one of them to die. Therefore, the best combination for me is to discord one. Then, I take the survivor, discord him, sometimes have to get him to attack me ( so he will follow me) then find the next turkey and provo him onto that one. I find if you have 3 turkeys going at it, then sometimes 2 are still fighting when 1 dies and I can't get in there and loot the corpse because of their aoe attack.

S

Scoobs

Thanks for the comments. I have indeed managed to kill a few turkeys, and on the 6th one, got my cleaver!!

I did manage to provoke 3 turkeys. Sometimes it sticks and sometimes it does not. I did die alot to the lag.

There does seem to be a method to kill them quicker but I have not yet figured it out. One of the pair of turkeys died whilst the other still had 3/4 life. It took about 5 - 10 minnutes.

I shall continue my testing.

BTW what is the nest for?

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wondering what those little nests that drop in your pack are for as well.

I never saw those last year. Then again last year I never got a plucked turkey either out of 30+ turkeys.

This year was pay back. Out of 20-25 turkeys I got two little nests and 4 plucked turkeys!

It definitely made all the time making a 4x legendary bard worth it.
Well.. almost 4x legendary. Provoke is only 118.6 at the moment but rising. But I've only been training it for the last two or three years. These things take time :)

S

Scoobs

Look on the bright side, I was at 112 provoke after 4 years of work when I let my account expire and lost the soulstone with the skill! At 92.2 so far. All provoking turkeys.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i provoke 2-4 turkeys onto 1 other turkey and then discord that turkey.
why would you discord an attacker turkey? you want attacker to do max damage and the being killed turkey to have lowered stats.

anyhow i do sometimes dont get to get into there if the turkeys keep fighting each other after the one has died but i can usually have them kill another of themselves and still have time to loot both.

sellweaving word of death seems to be nerfed for them this year.

Lorddog