• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bard/tamer returing for a bit after years

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey,
I used to play UO couple of years back...and just a "few" things have changed. Been reading the faq's a bit and I think I should change my template but just want to make sure ;)

Right now it's capped at (so not actual but near with jewelry if i can find it again):

Animal lore 110
Animal taming 110
Vet 100
Music 110
Provo 115
Magery 100
Meditation 100

Reading from the posts I think I should drop meditation and start doing disco. That correct ? Also...quick q.: is meditation and resisting spells no longer important?

As a note...I will play solo probably.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I would advise you to go with:

110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet
120 Music
120 Discord
115-120 Magery
40-45 Med

And as many plus skill items as possible to raise Med up to a useful level.

Edit:
110 Tame/Lore will give you good control over everything except a Dread Warhorse.
110 Lore will let you Lore all (non-humanoid) monsters.
100 Vet could be 90 (another 10 Med) and use Enhanced Bandages.
120 Music/Discord so you can use it on everything that can be Discorded.
115 Magery, 110 gives you 100% success at 7th circle and lower, 120 gives you 100% at all 8 circles, but as this is pretty much a PvM template 115 is fine. Magery & a Mage Weapon are also your melee defense.
As much Med as possible because you don't want to be entirely pet reliant.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I second Lord GOD's bard/tamer template, though I would keep provo soulstoned. You might want to switch between provo/disco in the future and I'd hate for you to lose those hard-earned provo skill points.

helenaa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for advice :) There's one soulstone left on my account luckily. For now I am doing them turkeys and then I'll go train disco.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
it all really depends on your play style and what you are hunting.

im sure a provo/tamer could be very effective when hunting the right thing.

but like most here we have become addicted to disco over the years cause it makes the crittters dye so much faster to our pets.

if youd care to see the difference between a discoed and no discoed critter for killing with your pets drop me a line and ill come disco some stuff for ya.

id hate to see someone work up a skill and then find out they dont like it.

Poo

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i don't have med...so i'm pet reliant.

However i do have 115 vet...so i'm usualy vetting my pet while standing under it's belly. (however this is not adviced for situations where it's better to stay at a distance)

if my pet dies...i simply gtfo :)

and it's always handy to be able to ress your pet...since most dungeons are empty like never before.

Like dungeon doom...it's dead there....you're lucky if you even see ONE person there.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
However i do have 115 vet...so i'm usualy vetting my pet while standing under it's belly. (however this is not adviced for situations where it's better to stay at a distance)
unfortunatlly there seems to be a gaining momentum with EA in that every new event we have had in the last year the MOBs seem to have an area effect damage and a pull in special.

so you cant stand under the belly and heal.
and ya cant stand back and cast heal.

ya gotta go in and try to stay alive and let your suit take the damage.