• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@ bard skills

W

Walkerboh77

i made just about every type of char you could make in my short return to UO...but finally i decided to make a mage/bard

i finished skilling up provocation to about 111(took forever) ...threw on a talis and a ring to cover the rest up to 120...

took my newly made bard/mage to doom which was my first time there on any character....

i have to say....this char is pimp sauce for pve...you all may know this....but its been a long time since ive had fun in this game and the mage/bard does it for me :)

altho i've found i could solo DF with just magery.....the provo helps me not have to kite so much :)

all in all...good times....just thought i'd share :)

S

Seismic

i made just about every type of char you could make in my short return to UO...but finally i decided to make a mage/bard

i finished skilling up provocation to about 111(took forever) ...threw on a talis and a ring to cover the rest up to 120...

took my newly made bard/mage to doom which was my first time there on any character....

i have to say....this char is pimp sauce for pve...you all may know this....but its been a long time since ive had fun in this game and the mage/bard does it for me :)

altho i've found i could solo DF with just magery.....the provo helps me not have to kite so much :)

all in all...good times....just thought i'd share :)
How are you killing the DF with just magery - it must take forever!>?

And what does "kite" mean??

N

Nenime

And what does "kite" mean??
:scholar: to kite [coll.]:

to flit
to doge
to whip
to dart
to dash
to whizz
to shoot
to whisk
to speed
to scamper
to cut [coll.]
to hop [coll.]
to pop [coll.]
to hare [coll.]
to lick [coll.]
to scoot [coll.]
to heel [Am.] [coll.]
to hightail (it) [coll.]
to nip [esp. Br.] [coll.]
to beetle [esp. Br.] [coll.]

How are you killing the DF with just magery - it must take forever!>?
I'm curious about that too ... :popcorn:

W

Walkerboh77

with straight magery i use a demon slayer spell book....coupled with DF's lack of chasing you sometimes it takes very little effort....

i do 120ish with an energy bolt or 160ish with a flame strike

it takes about 40-50 minutes solo if i had to guess....simply because i dont look at the time when i start :p

surprisingly its very easy.....and easier when he spawns lich lords/rotting corpses that i can provo....otherwise i kill the lesser spawn or provo the tougher ones against each other while i deal with DF

just takes a lot of time....is it worth it?....probably not...but its mildly entertaining when people show up and see that i have DF down to 20% or so and i'm alone and simply a mage :p

btw...as others have shown....kite means to strategically retreat while luring your enemy into a position to be attacked

DF has a short attention span....so he doesnt chase you far....nuke...run.....nuke.....run...nuke....run=kiting

many times if you nuke him from max range...and run off the screen asap....he wont move at all...allowing up to 5 or so good hits before he decides he doesn't like being used for target practice