• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard Skills for Fisherman/TH

Paul_Va

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm skilling my character on Siege to be a treasure hunter/Fisherman, with an emphasis on the fishing side. I only have room on the template for two bard skills (not counting the required Musicianship skill), so I'm trying to decide which two would work best. What is more useful for handling the monsters that sometimes come up while fishing and treasure hunting, Prov/Disco or Prov/Peace? I'm even wondering if Provoke will be useful while fishing since from what I've read, sea serpents are usually a solo encounter, so I'm not certain what I'd provoke against them. Would that make Disco/Peace a viable option as well?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'd have to get on TC to see what works best. You can do Disco/Peace, since the disco mastery abilities would make it possible to do damage to kill a serpent. Provo would work if there's something to provo them on to as well. If they spawn solo then provo won't be useful.
Bearing in mind that the mastery abilities are tried to true skill, so that may throw out disco mastery abilities as an option for your use on siege since you don't get them until very high skill, and maximum skill is where you get the best effectiveness.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Logrus is correct, TC would be your best choice to see what works best for you. With that being said, I would suggest peace and provoke. I know that you said your focus is on fishing but for your treasure hunting adventures, prov will come in very handy for the when the guardians spawn. If you plan any net tosses, prov will help there as well.

I know most people who play siege have many soul stones and that may end up being your best option. Work all 3 skills and use the 2 that will help you the most at any given time.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It depends on your other skills.

Since you never need Fishing/Lockpicki/Carto at the same time you can have 5 more legendary skills. Disco + EV must do the work, so I suggest Magery, Meditaion, Disco, Music. And the last skill is Peace. It gives you time to cast EV. You also may take Eval instead.