• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bard Questions from UO Players Center

C

Chaos

What happened to Poo's FAQ on barding. I could really use it i'm starting a bard and have never really done it before any help would be welcome.

B

Bigmikeuk

I'm looking into starting up on the Europa shard once again \o/.
I left shortly after Samuri Empire was introduced so am unsure of any current content.

For the first character I would like to make a bard capable of making money and primarily doing dungeon doom. I wanna be able to kill large mosters solo really.

I heard a good Doom template was 120 Magery, Medi, Music, Provo, Discord and Spellweaving. Can anyone confirm this? (or give me some good tactics)

Also what kind of armour do I wanna be using these days? Luck, LRC, phat artifacts?

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first sticky at the top of forum is Poo's disco primer is that what your after

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard a good Doom template was 120 Magery, Medi, Music, Provo, Discord and Spellweaving. Can anyone confirm this? (or give me some good tactics)

Also what kind of armour do I wanna be using these days? Luck, LRC, phat artifacts?
:
For a Doom Bard, Provo is the way to go send the RC's and LL's back onto DF every chance you get, while Disco can be nice your going to fail with it so much that depending on the char type u create u might like the points used elsewhere.
Have seen Provo - Tamers, Mages and Archers - each template seems to work well but the armor for each would be different. If you do decide to go Mage then yes u want a LRC suit, LMC and anything thats boosts mana is worthwile. SDI would be handy but being able to send monsters back on with Provo should already be putting you in the high damage group.
Provo Mages/Archers would be in tough soloing the DF on there own but have watched a Provo Tamer do the DF takes awhile but do-able.
There is a Paragon arti that is a music instrument for undead/demon, seems like it is instrument of choice in Doom.
Luck only enhances the loot on the corpse and not your chance at an arti, hard to build a decent luck suit that allows long time survival in Doom

S

Seismic

Luck only enhances the loot on the corpse and not your chance at an arti, hard to build a decent luck suit that allows long time survival in Doom
Wait a sec ... this is not true. Luck DOES increase your chance at getting an arti AND increases the quality of the regular quantity of magic items the given monster drops.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait a sec ... this is not true. Luck DOES increase your chance at getting an arti .
Nope this is one of those myths that has been stated by the devs to be incorrect BUT who knows these same devs say that enhanced bandaids wont do anything extra for LG healers/Vets but with testing that has been proven false.

Doom arti's seem to be given out quicker to those that do higher damage/boss (points system that gives more points to top damagers and keep adding till it resets upon arti) this is a proven fact. Went to Doom last weekend with a couple fo people - 1 guy went with GD and wearing over 1200 luck, another player w/ GD and myself as a necro/mage neither of us with much luck hehe guess which 2 of us got artis and which person didnt

S

Seismic

Nope this is one of those myths that has been stated by the devs to be incorrect BUT who knows these same devs say that enhanced bandaids wont do anything extra for LG healers/Vets but with testing that has been proven false.

Doom arti's seem to be given out quicker to those that do higher damage/boss (points system that gives more points to top damagers and keep adding till it resets upon arti) this is a proven fact. Went to Doom last weekend with a couple fo people - 1 guy went with GD and wearing over 1200 luck, another player w/ GD and myself as a necro/mage neither of us with much luck hehe guess which 2 of us got artis and which person didnt
Well, then I guess having a luck suit for fighting the DF (provo, etc) is near useless, given the damage requirement, correct? You may say it can't hurt but I've sacrificed LMC and other properties for dumb luck!

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Seismic,

see that you already have found the post in the UO Hall forum but for others that have missed it
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=95476

Seems like Leurocian has made a comment that luck will affect arti drops, wish the link that gives that info was to a trusted UO site and not some Japanese homemade site. I would swear I remember this coming up in a Townhall once and they said it didnt but I dont have the time to re-read all the different townhall notes.

Hopefully 1 of the devs might read that ongoing discussion and answer this in a future FoF but lets just say that LUCK MAY affect Arti drops lol

And they wonder why we get so confused :coco:

V

Vex

Hiya. I can solo Doom on my bard. Hardest Kill being in Room 2
Template is:
110 Magery
85 Med
100 Eval
120 Music
115 Provo
115 Disco
100 Weaving

Some of those skills I get on items. I use AOF, HoM, Pendant of Magi, Chaos Shield 1/2 Casting, and an Orny. Demon and Undead slayer books with +10 magery on each. Scrappers has +10 Magery. It's a tight template. I've been thinking about taking on 50 Necro and 50 Chiv in place of Weaving after recent Weaving Nerf.

S

Seismic

... and I'm nowhere NEAR as rich as you, bud :). sheesh! I'm hoping to get an AoF and Orny in a DROP from the DF!

S

Seismic

Hiya. I can solo Doom on my bard. Hardest Kill being in Room 2
Template is:
110 Magery
85 Med
100 Eval
120 Music
115 Provo
115 Disco
100 Weaving

Some of those skills I get on items. I use AOF, HoM, Pendant of Magi, Chaos Shield 1/2 Casting, and an Orny. Demon and Undead slayer books with +10 magery on each. Scrappers has +10 Magery. It's a tight template. I've been thinking about taking on 50 Necro and 50 Chiv in place of Weaving after recent Weaving Nerf.
Peacemaking is useless in Doom then? Obviously in a group it's fairly useless due to the sheer number of targets. But even solo?!