• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

bard masterys and pets

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
do bard masteries such as invigoration affect summoned pets like the rising collosus?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All party based mastery abilities affect the bard, party members, and the followers of both the bard and the party members.
(Except for mechanicals)

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so thats a yes right?
Its a probably yes ^^ I have nearly 120 peace on my techno bard thing. When I get on UO later I will summon a Earth Ele, mindblast it, then do the peacemaking regen song and see if it gains back health at a noticeable rate. That will give you a definite answer.

On a separate note still on the technobard thing, I just wanna say...

(Except for mechanicals)

Gimme a way ta heal em! ^^

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Gah, my earlier post got eaten by the 'moderator' monster! (nuffin naughty, happens to me when I post pics on stratics for some reason)

Take what I say with a pinch of salt, I am clueless to how these things work. Your more after 'summoned' pets right?

Ok, I am... 115 music, 118 peace. I summoned a Earth Ele, mindblasted him twice for a total of 50 damage. Cast... Resilience. It has an upkeep of 5, health regen of 6?. The earth ele took 40 secounds to heal back up.

I then did same again, 2 mindblasts, about 50 damage on a summoned earth ele, 3 minutes later it wasn't quite fully healed.

Pretty conclusive, on Earth Eles at least, bard mastery spells effect summons.

If you want to test it any more I am on Europa, gimme a shout.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so thats a yes right?
yes's dont get more concrete then that.

bard, the party, the sum'ns and the pets.
everything but mechanicals.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inspire:
HCI/SDI: 4 - 16 (Base)
- +1% Bonus per 10 points in a secondary skill above GM. (So thats up to 22% HDI/SDI for a 4x Legendary Bard) (PvP Cap is still 15% SDI)
DI = 20 - 40% (Base) + 3% Per 10 points in secondary skill above GM (58% at 4x Legendary)

Sadly this does not really apply to party members if the player is at the cap for DI. I still don't see why this is the case as it makes this spell slightly useless.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
only makes it useless if your allready at cap.

if your not allready at cap it makes the spell great!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not often that you run into a dexxer who's not suited in near max damage nowadays. Primer and weapon normally make up for 60% increase. Add something like faction M&S, tinker legs, woodland or jewels and its easy to reach cap well before this spell. I just found it a bummer that the pets and summons get the bonus but not the players in the party.

If we ever invision group fighting like 10 years back this spell would be very usefull but I guess that would require a fair revamp of the current PvM situation. Oh the days where groups of 10 were almost needed....sigh.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont know anyone who has tinker legs!

hell, my dexxers suits are held together with baler twine and duct tape.

i need to hang out with your group and your gold plated suits i think!
hell even the cast off pieces are probablly better then what im running with!

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I gotta agree with Poo there, but all my characters are nekked, including my dexxer, so I am prolly not the best person to ask on such things ^^

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hrmm, well with imbuing its rather easy to have a pretty nice dexxer suit. Heck my group bard is running 20+MR which was next to unheard of just last year or so....

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which mastery is better for pets - peace or provoke?
I found waste of 240 skill points for music/disco against blackrock golems.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no barding skills work on the blackrock golems.

inspire WILL work on your party (players and pets) which will boost you against them.

so will the peace ones.

depends on what ya need i guess.

i personally like the provo one.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which mastery is better for pets - peace or provoke?
I found waste of 240 skill points for music/disco against blackrock golems.

That has been my experience also, whatever miniscule advantage that is coming from Bard Masteries when fighting Blackrock Golems is simply not worth the investment of skill points.